[Release] Dayz.Epoch.3d.Editor.Live.Mission.With.Database.Interaction

Dayz.Epoch.3d.Editor.Live.Mission with Database Interaction

687474703a2f2f6f6935382e74696e797069632e

-=Youtube Demo=-

What is this
A custom mission file for the purpose of testing/writing scripts for DayZ Epoch without the need of a server.
It emulates the dayz_server and dayz_mission files, so you can write scripts using the 3d editor. No need to use a dayz_server for debugging anymore. We all know how time consuming that is.

Features

• Full Database integration (yes thats right... :) ). I rewrote all hivext calls, so they can be used with Arma2Net. And tweak all files needed to work in the editor.
    I would suggest to have a maximum of 200 objects in your object_data table for faster results. It took 5min to load 10000 obsj from my real database.
  • Fully working GUI, zombies, hit registration, addactions, everything!
  • Write code and execute it on the fly. No need to start a server and join with a client to test things.
  • 100% of your scripts will work! (i've tried, selfbb, deploy veh, maintenance, gem trade, vehicle master key and even wrote all my custom scripts there)
  • 2 setups. A default 3d editor player with a default loadout from init.sqf or a Real database character based on your UID
  • Includes most of BIS_fnc functions, so actions like BIS_fn_invAdd will work (i've added most common ones...more included though...check details bellow.)
  • Everything works...when i say everything i mean EVERYTHING !. (Spawning objects on mission start, traders (buy/sell), maintenance, salvage character update, stats...etc. I even broke my legs and when i hit Restart i spawned with broken legs :P )

Installation

Requirements:

• A mysql server on the same machine as your Arma2 editor. Well...a remote PC would work as well...just make sure YOU ARE NOT using your original database. Make a copy of it!. This mission will interact with your database !
    If you dont have a mysql server on your pc...i suggest you get WampServer. Its the easiest php/mysql server out there.

3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus

• Head over to the GitHub where the project is.
  • Click Download on the right sidebar, and extract the rar file.
  • Copy the 3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus mission file in your \My Documents\ArmA 2\missions\ folder
  • Copy everything inside "Arma2OA root folder" in your root Arma2OA folder (the same folder where @Dayz_Epoch, MPMissions are).
    The real_date.dll...(Thanks to killzonekid) is used to get your machine's date/time to be used for live day/night cycles inside the game (...you can set a fixed day if you want...details bellow)
  • Open ArmaOA\Arma2NETMySQLPlugin\Databases.txt and add your test database data there. Example:
    mysql,dayz_epoch,127.0.0.1,3306,dayz,mydbpass

# dayz_epoch is the name of the database
    # 127.0.0.1   is your local computer
    # 3306        your mysql port
    # dayz        is your database username
    # mydbpass    is your database password

• Make a folder called Arma2NETMySQL inside C:\Users\YOURWINPROFILE\AppData\Local\
  • Inside that folder copy your modified Databases.txt you edited above (keep it also there dont move it) and also make a new folder called logs
  • Copy the 3d.live.mission.Arma2Net.bat file (included in the .rar) in your Arma2 OA root directory and execute it
  • When the game launches, press Alt+E, select Chernarus, then Load and select mission 3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus
  • Open \My Documents\ArmA 2\missions\3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus\init.sqf and at the top of the file...put your database name. The one you put in Databases.txt
    DB_NAME = "dayz_epoch";
  • Start editing your files located in \My Documents\ArmA 2\missions\3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus with your customizations.
  • If you want to use my default fn_selfactions.sqf...i wrote some functions in it that will unlock vehicles, give plotpole IDs etc...All you need to do to activate them is put your fake/or real UID (depending on which initialization you prefer), in the superadmins.sqf.

Initialize player and customizing the mission

Default setup vs Database setup
There are 2 ways of initializing your player.

• A default 3d editor player with a basic loadout (like the one you set in your init.sqf) [The mission is set with this selection by default]
  • A live database player based on his UID in the character_data table (coordinates, medical states, inventory etc)

Default setup
The 1st way is the easiest thing you could start with. This setup DOES NOT initialize the character based on a database entry. Instead it uses some premade stats that you set.
The loadout of the player is set in the init.sqf.
But everything else should work fine with the database....like traders, salvaging, etc...Basically anything that doesnt require a legit UID.
Just open the dayz_code\init\setupChar.sqf and at the bottom of the file change the values to your liking.
Make sure in the init.sqf, DefaultTruePreMadeFalse is set to true; and also from there you can change the Default loadout of the player.

Database setup (Arma2Net)
The 2nd option is a bit more complicated.
I left the PlayerUID in the debug monitor...so IF you see that it is set to 0 then you know something went wrong...Just reload the mission file and you should be fine.
To setup your character with the second method open dayz_code\init\variables.sqf.
On line 8 is where the magic happens.

player setIdentity "My_Player";    //check description.ext file....There is no other way to get the name of the player in the editor.
player setVariable ["playerUID", "22222222", true];    // <<<<<<<<<< Change this to your playerUID (your real database UID)

This 2nd option NEEDS your real playerUID, otherwise all hell will break lose. IF you want you can use another player's UID..The mission will initialize with his details then.
As long as that playerUID exists on the character_data table...and the player is alive....it will start the mission with that player.
Everything is database based..so no need to do anything else. The mission will start with all your stats, inventory, conditions and spawn you where your world coordinates are.

Init.sqf values [important !]

• DB_NAME = "dayz_epoch"; // At the top of the init.sqf....set your database name there as well.
  • DefaultTruePreMadeFalse = true; // false: Read player's data from the database (based on UID), true: the normal player the editor has
  • StaticDayOrDynamic = true; // A static date is set at the bottom of \dayz_server\init\server_function.sqf. Set this to false if you want real time/date inside the mission.
  • DZEdebug = false; // Set to true if you want a more detailed log file

Important info

The description.ext has your character's name in it. If you ever need to check player name...it will get it from there.

class My_Player
{
name="DemoPlayer";
face="Face20";
glasses="None";
speaker="Dan";
pitch=1.1;
};

Related to coding

• Since this is an emulation of the dayz_server some things will never work.
    For example:
    _playerUID = getPlayerUID player; will never work in the editor. To get the _playerUID you have to do this:
    _playerUID = player getVariable ["playerUID", "0"];
    This is the most important thing to remember. Lots of scripts use getPlayerUID. You have to remember to change it every time you want to use it.
  • findDisplay 46 does not work in the editor :/ so scripts like the CCTV wont work This is because you addPublicVariableEventHandler is not working inside the editor.
    The same goes for publicvariable and publicvariableServer. If you want to use addpublicvariableeventhandler you can do it with call/spawn commands. Example:
    PVDZE_plr_Save = [player,dayz_Magazines,false,true];
    publicVariable "PVDZE_plr_Save";

can be written like:

PVDZE_plr_Save = [player,dayz_Magazines,false,true];
    publicVariable "PVDZE_plr_Save";  // keeping this so when you move the code to the real server you remember to add it.
    [player,dayz_Magazines,false,true] spawn server_playerSync;  // what to call is usually inside publicEH.sqf.

• Some BIS_fnc functions have to be included in the dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf for them to work.
    For example i had to include:

BIS_fnc_invAdd = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\system\functions\inventory\fn_invAdd.sqf";    
    If your code has BIS_fnc functions in it then check the folder dayz_code\system\functions for the function and include it in the compiles.sqf.
    I am sure there is a way to parse the folder and add a BIS_ infront of all the files, like epoch does it...but i didnt want to waste time and ran into problems,so manually adding the files is fine by me.
  • You can activate a debug in the init.sqf if you are using the 2nd method. And ALWAYS check your RPT log file for debugging. Its located at : %AppData%\Local\ArmA 2 OA
    To enable the debug value change this in your init.sqf:
    DZEdebug = true;  // Debug messages on log file

Related to mission file included
You'll notice when you start the mission there are 2 bots standing there. If you double click the soldier you'll see that he initiates this script scripts\BotInit.sqf.
I left that in purpose in case you want to do some scripting that requires 'another player', and you want to initialize the fake player like that.
The other bot can be deleted. I just left it there because i was testing a Tag Friendly script, and needed a 3rd 'player' that has me as a friend. (i got no friends lol).

In most of my scripts i use the playerUID to validate checks between owner and objects. Some default Epoch files use the characterID...meaning if you die...you lose ownership.
Thats why i changed most of the stuff to playerUID instead...If for some reason you are using scripts that check CharacterID instead of playerUID, i would suggest you change that, because some things (with the 2nd method) might not work...due to the fact that my files are checking playerUID for validation. Worst case scenario if you cant edit the files....just use the same CharacterID and playerUID...so its always the same :)

Example on how to use the superadmins.sqf (for actions restricted to admins only, just add your fake UID in the array)

(In your fn_self_actions.sqf)

//_adminList = call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "superadmins.sqf";  // This line is already at the top of the file.

_cursorTarget = cursorTarget;
 _typeOfCursorTarget = typeOf _cursorTarget;
 _ownerID = _cursorTarget getVariable ["CharacterID","0"];
 _playerUID = player getVariable ["playerUID", 0];

// Example on how to use _adminList
  if((typeOf(cursortarget) == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ") and _ownerID != "0" and (player distance _cursorTarget < 2)) then {
  if (_playerUID in _adminList) then {
     cutText [format["Plot Pole Owner PUID is: %1",_playerUID], "PLAIN DOWN"];
   };
  };

Bugs

• Using the 1st method there is a small change the player will spawn twice. That's because when you Preview the map you are also the Server and the Player. The code runs twice....hence the bugs with the 2nd method with the fake database.
  • There are no .fsm files so dont try to include them. 3d editor will not work with them, thats why i broke the player_monitor.fsm into 2 .sqf files...One emulates 'login to the server', and one 'setup of player'.

Final Notes

These are heavily modified files...Dont overwrite them with your own files. Add to them instead of replacing them.

These files took me alot of time to make. It wasnt easy, and i am sure you'll find bugs or some things could have been writen a better way.
The whole purpose of this project was to not waste any more time trying to code on this god forsaken Arma engine. I cant believe that there isnt an option to write code 'on the fly'. With a proper debugger...
Sure there are little tricks and hacks you can add to diag_log variables, but to write an actual script that requires interaction with the environment or beta testing custom script ??? Forget it.
I've included the Deploy bike and Self bloodbag scripts in the pack...just to see how easy it is to add/run/debug them. (Check the youtube video).

And a personal note....You will NEVER find an easier way to code stuff for Dayz....period.
This is the fastest way to write code and see it in action.

Hope this code will help you write code faster and easier !

ps: If you use this, hit 'Like This'. Curious to see how many people use this :)

Thanks guys,

Yeah, for someone that is trying to debug code, this is the best way to do it. It can be a little tricky cause server and client is the same thing...when it comes to the editor...and there is no separation besides the (local player) value.

But eventually when you get a hang of it....i mean...now, there is no way i am ever gonna try and write a script the old fashion way...

diag_log format []; everything and you'll get your code up and running in no time.

Arma2Net is not that hard to learn how to use. You can even start writing your own custom scripts with this (with CHILD:999 type of calls) and eventually move it to your real server.

Check the \dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf on how i edited the hive calls, and then in \dayz_server\compile\server_playerSetup.sqf how i am calling them with my custom SQLs. (search in both cases the word hive). I left the original call in there to see how it was and how it became. All calls were translated from this page: https://github.com/vbawol/DayZhiveEpoch/blob/master/Hive/Source/HiveLib/HiveExtApp.cpp .
Search for the call you want...for example: 398. You see that is calls tradeObject. Search for tradeObject in the same page and you'll see that it calls fetchTraderObject.

Go to the top of the page and search fetchTraderObject in the search area, then select SqlCharDataSource.cpp and see what that function does...and boom...you get the SQLs you need to execute to bring back results with Arma2Net

ps: I updated the readme a bit including  info how to execute addpubliceventhandlers cause they are not working inside the editor.

yup, :) its easy right ? wait till you get used to it....you'll never wanna see the dayz_server folder ever again.ahahaha

Of course now it works just like the dayz_server folder...like adding buildings etc to see how they look like.

I havent tried WAI yet with it...but i guess anything that doesnt use publiceventhandlers will work fine...and even if it does...if you call the functions instead of doing the addpubliceventhandler command, it should work also.

oh and PS: If you see at the top of the init.sqf there is an if one_time thingy there...Thats too ensure that the init will be execute ONLY once on mission start and not twice.

If you see stuff in your code that get executed twice (one for server, one for player) then add that if at the top of your file.

Update:

I noticed some functions were missing from the dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf

So i restored the original file and re-tweaked my changes back to it.

Please re-download and replace yours (sorry if you have to redo your functions in there)

File is located here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Sandbird/Dayz.Epoch.3d.Editor.Live.Mission-with-Database/master/missions/3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus/dayz_code/compile/fn_selfActions.sqf

Player should be able to build/remove epoch buildings as well.

edit:

Added
- player_buildingMaint
- player_upgrade
- player_buildingDowngrade
- remove.sqf
- player_build.sqf

Update:
Added
- ObjectUID variable to objects/buildings when the mission starts

You just need to redownload : 3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf

https://github.com/Sandbird/Dayz.Epoch.3d.Editor.Live.Mission-with-Database/blob/master/missions/3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus/dayz_server/system/server_monitor.sqf

Looks great and now I am starting on a new mod, seems a good time to download and run with.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together.  A mod for modders is fairly rare, especially one that can make our life so much easier.

Oh, one other thing.  Has it been tested with custom dialogues ?.

RB

Looks great and now I am starting on a new mod, seems a good time to download and run with.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together.  A mod for modders is fairly rare, especially one that can make our life so much easier.

Oh, one other thing.  Has it been tested with custom dialogues ?.

RB

You mean custom GUIs ? yes, i made all my dialogues there :)

Just remember in the editor there is no publ.variableserver...you need to call the function instead.

Also i dont know why but :  [_blah, _blue, _bli] spawn my_function;   doesnt work. You have to use call to get the variables..

But still everything else works fine.

ps: not to mention that this one uses Arma2net ;) so unlimited possibilities if you add that as well to your server

This doesn't work.

Why not ? Any errors in the log file? Looks like it should work fine..

I tested my 'removeammo.sqf' at exactly that place in code and it worked fine.

dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf righT?

We are talking about database vehicles right?

Not just vehicles you added in the map by hand

I did everything according to the tutorial, but when I used 'deploy gun' that you added this M2StaticMG had all the ammo etc. Tried with vodnik hmg too, but maybe I shuldn't spawn it from the editor??

Oh, that reminds me.
I am pretty sure that in the previous version of you editor when I moved away from the deployed vehicle or gun I didn't get the option to pack it. Regardless of the script I used ( i used EVD and deploy vehicle extended and the included one)

And now I get 'pack vehicle' option even if I am 5km away from the deployed vehicle.

Not sure how to deal with it

I did everything according to the tutorial, but when I used 'deploy gun' that you added this M2StaticMG had all the ammo etc. Tried with vodnik hmg too, but maybe I shuldn't spawn it from the editor??

Oh, that reminds me.

I am pretty sure that in the previous version of you editor when I moved away from the deployed vehicle or gun I didn't get the option to pack it. Regardless of the script I used ( i used EVD and deploy vehicle extended and the included one)

And now I get 'pack vehicle' option even if I am 5km away from the deployed vehicle.

Not sure how to deal with it

Well yeah of course its gonna spawn the gun with bullets :P That server_monitor.sqf is for vehicles that the server spawns when the mission starts...not when a player builds a gun and spawns it.

You have to add that 'fix' inside the deploy_gun.sqf...here:

missions\3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus\custom\deploy\deploy_gun.sqf

right under: _object setVariable ["Deployed",true,true];

About the option now...i'll release a patch...but if you want a quick fix now...open the fn_selfActions.sqf and search for :

//Dog actions on player self

Above that there is a };  <----- a bracket and a coma

Put this ABOVE the bracket:

player removeAction s_player_packOBJ;
s_player_packOBJ = -1;

OMG OMG OMG!

It worked :D

It was a 20sec fix, and I was fighting with it for the last 6h :D

Damn, what a waste of time ;D at least I learned some new and fancy lines of script :P

Imagine fighting with that the traditional way: (make pbo / starting a server / join with client / check script) x 10 times....... Merry Christmas !!!! ahaha

Yeah

That's why I didn't get to coding before. I'm a bit impatient... :P

Now I wonder if it's possible to remove "salvage vehicle" and "repair vehicle" options from static guns.
If I perform 'salvage' action, I can do it only once, then both options disappear.

Yeah

That's why I didn't get to coding before. I'm a bit impatient... :P

Now I wonder if it's possible to remove "salvage vehicle" and "repair vehicle" options from static guns.

If I perform 'salvage' action, I can do it only once, then both options disappear.

Yeah thats because its the default epoch fn_selfActions.sqf.

s_player_repairActions set [count s_player_repairActions,_menu];
			s_player_repairActions set [count s_player_repairActions,_menu1];
			s_player_repair_crtl = 1;
		} else {
			{dayz_myCursorTarget removeAction _x} forEach s_player_repairActions;s_player_repairActions = [];
			s_player_repair_crtl = -1;

The both belong to the same variable so it either has the both on or both off...

Just look at anything else and then go back to the gun to get the option back..

Hi,

Ok, am installing and have hit a few issues.  Most are minor with the instructions but one is fairly major (GPF on ARMA2OA.exe).

I will tick through them so you can advise and update the install instructions as you feel are needed.

• Copy the 3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus mission file in your \My Documents\ArmA 2\missions\ folder
    • Shouldn't that be \My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\[Windows login]\missions\ ?.
  • Open ArmaOA\Arma2NETMySQLPlugin\Databases.txt and add your test database data there.
    • There was no databases.txt in the download package.  Should this be "create a file called" rather than "Open"
  • "9. When the game launches, press Alt+E, select Chernarus, then Load and select mission 3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus"  "10. Open \My Documents\ArmA 2\missions\3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus\init.sqf and at the top of the file...put your database name. The one you put in Databases.txt"
    • Shouldn't you edit the init.sqf before starting the batch file and loading the mission (i.e. swap item 9. and 10.) ?.
  • I am getting a GPF related to ARMA2Net.  I found a log file in C:\Users\YOURWINPROFILE\AppData\Local\Arma2NET (rather than C:\Users\YOURWINPROFILE\AppData\Local\ in the install instructions).
    • 05/18/2014 09:42:14 Arma2Net.Unmanaged loaded successfully
      05/18/2014 09:42:14 Fatal unhandled exception of type System.IO.FileNotFoundException
      05/18/2014 09:42:14 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Arma2Net.Managed, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
      File name: 'Arma2Net.Managed, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e'
         at Arma2Net.Unmanaged.InvokeFunctionImpl(SByte* output, Int32 outputSize, SByte* function)
         at Arma2Net.Unmanaged.InvokeFunction(SByte* output, Int32 outputSize, SByte* function)

Additional info:
Machine is Win7.
Have installed MySQL connector.
I cannot install the .net 4.0 client profile as a newer version already exists.
The MySQL server is remote (on my lan), has a dedicated account with full access to a test DB.  Windows firewall is open for incomming on MySQL on 3306.

Also, any reason for forcing DX9 with the -winxp startup flag ?.

Thanks again for the great mod.

Regards

RB

Hi,

Ok, am installing and have hit a few issues.  Most are minor with the instructions but one is fairly major (GPF on ARMA2OA.exe).

I will tick through them so you can advise and update the install instructions as you feel are needed.

• Copy the 3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus mission file in your \My Documents\ArmA 2\missions\ folder
    • Shouldn't that be \My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\[Windows login]\missions\ ?.
  • Open ArmaOA\Arma2NETMySQLPlugin\Databases.txt and add your test database data there.
    • There was no databases.txt in the download package.  Should this be "create a file called" rather than "Open"
  • "9. When the game launches, press Alt+E, select Chernarus, then Load and select mission 3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus"  "10. Open \My Documents\ArmA 2\missions\3d.live.DayzEpochTemplate.Chernarus\init.sqf and at the top of the file...put your database name. The one you put in Databases.txt"
    • Shouldn't you edit the init.sqf before starting the batch file and loading the mission (i.e. swap item 9. and 10.) ?.
  • I am getting a GPF related to ARMA2Net.  I found a log file in C:\Users\YOURWINPROFILE\AppData\Local\Arma2NET (rather than C:\Users\YOURWINPROFILE\AppData\Local\ in the install instructions).
    • 05/18/2014 09:42:14 Arma2Net.Unmanaged loaded successfully
      05/18/2014 09:42:14 Fatal unhandled exception of type System.IO.FileNotFoundException
      05/18/2014 09:42:14 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Arma2Net.Managed, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
      File name: 'Arma2Net.Managed, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e'
         at Arma2Net.Unmanaged.InvokeFunctionImpl(SByte* output, Int32 outputSize, SByte* function)
         at Arma2Net.Unmanaged.InvokeFunction(SByte* output, Int32 outputSize, SByte* function)

Additional info:
Machine is Win7.
Have installed MySQL connector.
I cannot install the .net 4.0 client profile as a newer version already exists.
The MySQL server is remote (on my lan), has a dedicated account with full access to a test DB.  Windows firewall is open for incomming on MySQL on 3306.

Also, any reason for forcing DX9 with the -winxp startup flag ?.

Thanks again for the great mod.

Regards

RB

Hello again :)

1. Thats where the editor saves SP missions..Not my choice :P When you first executed dayz, it was a requirement to run once the Arma2.exe and Arma2OA.exe..This is why....to create those folders and registry keys.

2. Read again Step 5...Thats where Databases.txt is. Then in Step 6,7 you make a new folder in the path i am mentioning and copy your modified Databases.txt in there as well. But you keep the 1st Databases.txt where it was as well.

3. You are doing the init.sqf on Step 9 cause thats when you are starting editing the mission files...Thats the point in all this...to be able to edit files without restarting the client. I am 'guiding' you to the fact that this is a live thing...you are done installing the files and now you can live edit stuff in your mission. Like opening init.sqf while you are inside the editor with your mission loaded (Not started !) and then you save the file...and press Preview to see it live in action. No need for a client restart :)

The trick to all this is that your 'exit' mode from the game is the going back to the 2D or 3D editor...You edit your code, press Preview, test your code....Then if you want to make changes, Esc / 2d or 3d editor, then Alt+tab to your code...change stuff, hit Restart and then Preview again...etc etc.

4. The system cannot find the file specified  - Thats probably cause it cant find the Databases.txt inside your C:\Users\YOURWINPROFILE\AppData\Local\Arma2NETMySQL folder?

5. -winxp is there in the .bat cause it makes some things run faster. (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Startup_Parameters also https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters)

Those log files that you found are the Arma2Net log files...any query, mistake or error with the mysql plugin will be written there. Its good to have them if you are gonna be making custom sqls.

Remote handling a database should be a problem with the arma2net..so your sql db been somewhere else rather than locally shouldnt be a problem.

Thanks for the reply.

I currently have the databases.txt in 

AppData\Local\Arma2NETMySQL

AppData\Local\Arma2NET

steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Arma2NETMySQLPlugin

steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@Arma2NET

I suspect it is something else  :D .

Thanks for the reply.

I currently have the databases.txt in 

AppData\Local\Arma2NETMySQL

AppData\Local\Arma2NET

steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Arma2NETMySQLPlugin

steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@Arma2NET

I suspect it is something else  :D .

Run the Arma2NetExplorer.exe located here:   \arma 2 operation arrowhead\@Arma2NET\

And in the query box bellow add this:   and press Enter

Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['dayz_epoch',"SELECT ObjectUID from Object_DATA where ObjectID= '1'"]

where dayz_epoch is the name of your database

and ObjectUID is just an id of a row that exists in the db.

If you see something like:  [[["72916056071"]]] then everything is working fine.

If you see something like: False  then probably you are querying the wrong database

if you see something like: throw "System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException"  then go to folder C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Arma2NET and check the log.

You probably dont have the Database.txt where it should be or the file is not Read only, or you dont have privileges as a user to read the file or something weird like that.