Migrating Dayz.st Server to vilayer dedicated box

Zombaholic

Question

Hi guys,

as the title says we are trying to migrate a Dayz.st server to a dedicated box.

we have all the databases from the old server but we are struggling to get the server running.

i got it showing in dayz commander but gets stuck on waiting for host.

so i decided to start a fresh following multiple guides online and i just cant get it working.

does anyone have experience with this?

i know we shouldnt have dived into the dedicated world without researching what we needed to do but we had like two days to migrate it before the server was going to be shutdown so we had to start there, and now it bitten us  on the ass.

could any of you gents bail us out?

we have full access to the box and can potentially get a remote session going.

im sure we are missing something simple but im crap at reading error logs, besides most of the guides are for setting up new servers where as ours is existing. ive followed guides to the tee and then replaced database files with our existing DB but it just isnt playing ball.

Please help.

i would even consider paying soemone to go through it with me and teach me along the way but i am more than happy for someone to just get it running and then i can setup my own test server to practice we just need it running ASAP as our regular players etc are waiting on the new server details. :(

again i know we shouldnt have gone for the dedi without researching but it was a split second decision.

2 answers to this question