RimBlock

[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

Nah, it's set in init.sqf to this:

DZE_PlotPole = [70,65];

And it's not all what is in range. The base we tried to claim yesterday had some half walls taken over which were "miles away" but not the cinderwalls directly next to the plotpole itself

Check for duplicate objectUIDs in your DB.

I posted sql code to do this here.

Check you are using the latest version of Take_Ownership.

I may move the Take Ownership server side to cut down on network traffic.

Rimblock any idea why its doing my error? People cant unlock safes nor lockboxes and they cant take plot ownership

(yes I set it true in init.sqf)

fn_selfactions is where the option is set for the scroll wheel menu.  Check the entry is setup in that file for take_ownership correctly.

make sure you have setup the unlock sqf files for doors and safes in the compiles.sqf (eg. player_unlockVault.sqf).

If you are using other mods like Plot Management or Door Management then you will need to check what they need as well,

fn_selfactions is where the option is set for the scroll wheel menu.  Check the entry is setup in that file for take_ownership correctly.

make sure you have setup the unlock sqf files for doors and safes in the compiles.sqf (eg. player_unlockVault.sqf).

If you are using other mods like Plot Management or Door Management then you will need to check what they need as well,

i do not use those mods, I however use ZSC 3.0

And okay, i will check...

EDIT: I do have take ownership in there...

if (s_player_plot_take_ownership < 0) then {
if (DZE_PlotOwnership) then {
_isowner = [player, _cursorTarget] call FNC_check_owner;
If (( _isowner select 0 )) then{
s_player_plot_take_ownership = player addAction ["Take plot items ownership", "Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Action\plot_take_ownership.sqf", "", 1, false];
};
};
};

Edit 2: I do have custom player unlock vault in compiles:

player_unlockVault =			compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\player_unlockVault.sqf";

Have just moved Take Ownership server side.

Will start testing that and the changes for Epoch 1.0.6 a bit later today.

If all looks good from initial testing then will push to my DayZ-Epoch fork in the next day or so.

I will not be incorporating any of these changes in to the standalone A Plot for Life mod int he short term but may later depending on how long it looks like Epoch 1.0.6 is going to task before it comes out.

i do not use those mods, I however use ZSC 3.0

And okay, i will check...

EDIT: I do have take ownership in there...

if (s_player_plot_take_ownership < 0) then {
if (DZE_PlotOwnership) then {
_isowner = [player, _cursorTarget] call FNC_check_owner;
If (( _isowner select 0 )) then{
s_player_plot_take_ownership = player addAction ["Take plot items ownership", "Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Action\plot_take_ownership.sqf", "", 1, false];
};
};
};

Edit 2: I do have custom player unlock vault in compiles:

player_unlockVault =			compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\player_unlockVault.sqf";

Are you the owner of the plot pole ?.  The Take Ownership option only appears if you are the plot poles owner (to take over another owners plot you have to remove their pole and put your own one down for the option to appear).

Can I get some help on the exact locations for where I need to put each of these folders/files for a vilayer server. The vilayer server is setup a bit different when it comes to it's files and I think that might be causing my issue.

Vilayer has a folder called vilayercodecustom, inside that I have a dayz_overpoch folder that contains all the files that vilayer compiles into my server PBO. and a mission folder that vilayer compiles into my mission pbo.

With vilayer I am unable to download my actual pbo files (or I do not know how lol) and as such I may be placing these files in the wrong locations.

You don't need the PBOs. Download dayz_overpoch and overpoch_YOURMAP from vilayercodecustom, do the necessary changes and re-upload them to vilayercodecustom. The folders are being compiled with server restart ;)

You don't need the PBOs. Download dayz_overpoch and overpoch_YOURMAP from vilayercodecustom, do the necessary changes and re-upload them to vilayercodecustom. The folders are being compiled with server restart ;)

I understand that and I usually use an ftp client to just modify my files. My question is where these folders should go on a vilayer server.

The plot4life files? Into your missionfile root unless you want to modify each path :P So basically open overpoch_MAP and put the Custom folder in there. 

Ok, I have a custom folder there with the the plot 4 life folder and snap pro folder inside it. Where do I put the contents of the server folder that is downloaded with this script?

The paths equal the subfolders - thought that was obvious ;)

Nope, I have never done any scripting before and everything I have learned has been from this website and youtube....so I'm a complete beginer. Having said that, I still don't understand the location for the contents of the system folder.

Directions says:

Create a custom folder in the server root directory (the one you have the @mod files in) and copy the contents of the Server folder in to it (you can merge them in to the dayz_server.pbo but need to change the references).

I do not quite understand where this is asking me to do this.

Okay if you're completely new and didn't add anything to your server so far simply add all three subfolders from the Server folder (system, compile and init) into your missionfile in the Custom folder to use the standard paths from the plot4life files.

Okay if you're completely new and didn't add anything to your server so far simply add all three subfolders from the Server folder (system, compile and init) into your missionfile in the Custom folder to use the standard paths from the plot4life files.

Thanks a ton, sorry for being so bad at this, will give it a try :)

Debugging A Plot for Life on Epoch v1.0.6 test and have moved the Take Ownership function to the server.  

One thing I have noticed though is that the list of items is not getting populated correctly on the server.  I have reverted to nearestObjects rather than nearEntities and it seems to be working fine.  nearEntities worked fine when the function was purely client side but if anyone is having problems with items being detected then they could try the following change.

Open Plot_Take_Ownership.sqf

Find 

_findNearestObjects = (position _plotpole) nearEntities _distance;

Change to

_findNearestObjects = nearestObjects [(position _plotpole), [], _distance];

The version running on the server should be much better for lag prevention.  People can always take a look on my Epoch v1.0.6 GitHub files and work out the differences if they wish to try it.  The names should be fairly obvious and check the puiblicEH.sqf for the PV event handlers. 

I'll try that, maybe then it will finally work for me :D

Edit:
Just tested it and it looks like everything's working great now! I can remove basically everything from my base again. Thank you!

Are you the owner of the plot pole ?.  The Take Ownership option only appears if you are the plot poles owner (to take over another owners plot you have to remove their pole and put your own one down for the option to appear).

Yes I am, I just had placed the pole, went away, next restart tried it...

Yes I am, I just had placed the pole, went away, next restart tried it...

Then either the code in the fn_selfactions is not correct so the option is not showing up or the plot pole is not saving with the correct ownership details.

I had some compatibility with 2.5 and plot management/door management. I decided to revert back to 2.35 and put the files is the same location I did before. 

I put the custom folder in my mission pbo. 

I put the files from the server folder inside the custom folder.

I made all the requested changes to the init.sqf and description.ext. 

Now when anyone tries to join my server they get stuck around the "waiting for server to start authentication".

Any ideas what is causing this?

Hello i got the plot 4 life working but when placing a Vault i do not get the option to unlock it.

This is perfectly normal as your character is now tied to the safe. You can check if you want by asking someone else to interact with the safe. They will still get the code input dialogue.

This is perfectly normal as your character is now tied to the safe. You can check if you want by asking someone else to interact with the safe. They will still get the code input dialogue.

But how can i access the gear myself then?