[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

Hey guys,

I play on a sever and if i try to remove sthg I've built i get this message:

custom\plotforlivev2\remove.sqf not found

Whats missing on the serve/what can i tell the server admin to do so it works?

Best regards,

Sethz

Well either the file doesn't exist or he is calling the wrong file path

hey 

i don't know why but i cannot get it runnning. I did exactly the same as the tutorial wanted me to do for some reason everytime i spawn my player has broken legs, 2500 blood, i can't build anything just everything is fucked up. 

My RPT says:

1:02:09   Error position: <dayz_allowedObjects;
_isNotOk = false;
_>
 1:02:09   Error Undefined variable in expression: dayz_allowedobjects
 1:02:09 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 11
 1:02:09 Error in expression <;
_dam = _x select 1;
if (_selection in dayZ_explosiveParts && _dam > 0.8) then >
 1:02:09   Error position: <dayZ_explosiveParts && _dam > 0.8) then >
 1:02:09   Error Undefined variable in expression: dayz_explosiveparts
 1:02:09 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishVehicle.sqf, line 94
 1:02:10 Error in expression <(( (count needUpdate_objects) > 0) && (diag_tickTi>
 1:02:10   Error position: <needUpdate_objects) > 0) && (diag_tickTi>
 1:02:10   Error Undefined variable in expression: needupdate_objects
 1:02:11 Error in expression <"));
_isbuildable = (typeOf _object) in dayz_allowedObjects;
_isNotOk = false;
_>
 1:02:11   Error position: <dayz_allowedObjects;
_isNotOk = false;
_>
 1:02:11   Error Undefined variable in expression: dayz_allowedobjects
 1:02:11 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 11
 1:02:11 Error in expression <;
_dam = _x select 1;
if (_selection in dayZ_explosiveParts && _dam > 0.8) then >
 1:02:11   Error position: <dayZ_explosiveParts && _dam > 0.8) then >
 1:02:11   Error Undefined variable in expression: dayz_explosiveparts
 1:02:11 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishVehicle.sqf, line 94

i have no idea whats going on and as an addition i made no changes inside that file why is he complaining?!

hops somebody can help me out...

I've noticed that any player can remove a metal panel, tank trap and barbed wire, is there any way to make it so only the plot pole owner can remove it?

Ok, that is interesting.

Check the ownership of these objects in the DB.

Epoch controls what can be removed by anyone in the following variable found in the variables.sqf (this example is from my A Plot for Life 2.33 code on the Git).

DZE_isRemovable = ["Fence_corrugated_DZ","M240Nest_DZ","ParkBench_DZ","Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ","FireBarrel_DZ","Scaffolding_DZ"];

If the object is in that array then anyone can remove it.  If the object is not in that array then only the owner / friendlies should be able to remove it (unless it is a wreck).

Hey guys,

I play on a sever and if i try to remove sthg I've built i get this message:

custom\plotforlivev2\remove.sqf not found

Whats missing on the serve/what can i tell the server admin to do so it works?

Best regards,

Sethz

The path to the remove file in A Plot for Life v2.33 is

Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Action\remove.sqf

It is correct on the Git and I would presume it is correct int he dropbox download as well (will confirm tonight).

If you have moved the file somewhere other than this directory then you need to put that directory in the fn_selfactions.sqf file (line 300 unless you have merged other mods).

Having looked at the first post in this thread, I think you have followed the install instructions for v2.26 and not for v2.33.  The install instructions are in the download file or on the Github repository here.

I have modified the first post to make it clearer.

hey 

i don't know why but i cannot get it runnning. I did exactly the same as the tutorial wanted me to do for some reason everytime i spawn my player has broken legs, 2500 blood, i can't build anything just everything is fucked up. 

My RPT says:

i have no idea whats going on and as an addition i made no changes inside that file why is he complaining?!

hops somebody can help me out...

I would hazzard a guess that there is an issue with your variables.sqf or your init.sqf calling the variables.sqf.

Both of the files that are listed in that RPT extract are being sourced from the server.pbo file so unless they were modified and then put back in to the server.pbo, it must be something else.

The errors are "Undefined variable" and the variables are defined in the variables.sqf file which is called from the init.sqf int he mission folder.  Make sure it is being called correctly (correct path to the new variables.sqf file etc).

Failing that, it would be good to see the errors that happen before the ones posted in the rpt file.  If you are going to post your RPT file then please use spoiler tags

Spoiler tags:

Hide large blocks of code / text until comone clicks on the spoiler button.

Put (spoiler) text to hide (/spoiler) around the text you want to hide - change the () to [ ] for it to work.

Good Day .. Plot Pole for Life 2.44 that sheep is using for his .15 release , is this updated version of yours of another version, dont want to install if a new version is releasing soon

Please advise  :D

And Thank you 

Hi,

Thanks for this.  I was unaware someone was redistributing my code.  I will send Sheep a PM when I get home tonight.

To answer your question, I would guess it is my mod but he got the name and version number wrong. 

I also see he is distributing other peoples work including Raymixs Snap Build Pro.  I am guessing Sheep has contacted Raymix as he has a distribution requirements (bottom of his first post in his ).

It really seems like common courtesy but I guess I need to spell it out as well in a license section for this mod.

To be clear, I am fine with people using as they want for their own servers and communities. 

For people wanting to take the code, modify it and redistribute it, I expect to be asked if it is ok to take my code and redistribute it, be named as the author and to have a link back to this thread.  I also expect that the person modifying the code would explicitly state that they are responsible for any support of the modified code. 

Naming me as the original author does not mean using a blanket statement.

A statement somewhere of

"credits to each addon / script creator"

is not acceptable.

"Included mods.

(Rimblock)."

is fine after the person distributing the code has confirmed it is ok with me.

I'm about to test this out on my server, kind of a pain installing but that is all on my end due to already having a bunch of the files modified. Will post back once i got it working (hoping skimming through and copying the changes into my files will be sufficient).

Yep and he still has the wrong version.  It is now 2.23.

Haven't PM'd him yet as I have been working on building a new 4+ Ghz dev server.  I shall do so now  :) .  Hopefully he will just add the link, my nic and say that he is providing the support for that pack and all will be good.

hive instruction for serverfiles Gold Coins Soul?

replace all servers file and not work Gold Coins((((

please help me

You need to merge the files.

You can use diffmerge on notepad ++, or follow solo instructions to change whatever needs changing.

This correct my installation?

No problem if I change "server_monitor.sqf";?

dayz_antihack = 0;

dayz_REsec = 0;
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

DZE_PlotOwnership = true;
DZE_APlotforLife = true;
DZE_modularBuild = true;

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = 11; //The instance
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

//disable greeting menu
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
enableRadio true;
enableSentences true;

// DayZ Epoch config
spawnShoremode = 1; // Default = 1 (on shore)
spawnArea = 1500;
MaxHeliCrashes = 6;
MaxDynamicDebris = 20;
MaxVehicleLimit = 2;
dayz_MapArea = 14000;
dayz_maxAnimals = 2;
dayz_minpos = -1;
dayz_maxpos = 16000;
dayz_tameDogs = true;
dayz_maxGlobalZombiesInit = 3;
dayz_maxGlobalZombiesIncrease = 2;
dayz_maxZeds = 250;
dayz_fullMoonNights = false;
dayz_maxLocalZombies = 5;
dayz_zedsAttackVehicles = false;
dayz_paraSpawn = false;
dayz_sellDistance_vehicle = 10;
dayz_sellDistance_boat = 30;
dayz_sellDistance_air = 40;
dayz_antihack = 0;
dayz_REsec = 0;

DZE_CleanNull = false;
DZE_PlayerZed = false;
DZE_HeliLift = true;
DZE_BuildOnRoads = false;
DZE_BackpackGuard = false;
DZE_GodModeBase = false;
DZE_ConfigTrader = false;
DZE_R3F_WEIGHT = false;
DZE_FriendlySaving = true;
DZE_MissionLootTable = true;
DZE_ForceNameTagsOff = true;
DZE_PlotPole = [30,45];
DZE_LootSpawnTimer = 10;
DZE_requireplot = 1;
DZE_vehicleAmmo = 0.2;
DZE_BuildingLimit = 150;
DZE_maintainRange = 55;
DZE_DamageBeforeMaint = 0;
DZE_BuildOnRoads = false;
DZE_DeathMsgGlobal = true;
DZE_DeathMsgTitleText = true;
DZE_StaticConstructionCount = 1;
DZE_AllowForceSave = true;
DZE_DiagFpsSlow = true;
DZE_SelfTransfuse = true;
DZE_selfTransfuse_Values = [12000, 1000, 180];

DynamicVehicleDamageLow = 30;
DynamicVehicleDamageHigh = 70;

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"]];
dayz_fullMoonNights = true;

//Default Loadout
DefaultMagazines = ["6Rnd_45ACP","6Rnd_45ACP","6Rnd_45ACP","2Rnd_shotgun_74Pellets","2Rnd_shotgun_74Pellets","2Rnd_shotgun_74Pellets","2Rnd_shotgun_74Pellets","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","ItemMorphine","PartGeneric"];
DefaultWeapons = ["MR43","ItemFlashlight","ItemMap","ItemToolbox","revolver_EP1"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "";
DefaultBackpackMagazines = [];

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\init\publicEH.sqf"; //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf"; //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf"; //Compile trader configs
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "baseJump\init.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if (isServer) then {
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dynamic_vehicle.sqf";
//Compile vehicle configs

// Add trader citys
_nil = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\mission.sqf";
_serverMonitor = [] execVM "custom\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

//Playerrespawn 3
nul = [] execVM "custom\playerspawn.sqf";

//Lights
//[false,12] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";

};

//Start Dynamic Weather
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"

[] execVM 'SafeZone.sqf';

DZE_noRotate = []; //Objects that cannot be rotated. Ex: DZE_noRotate = ["VaultStorageLocked"]
DZE_curPitch = 45; //Starting rotation angle. Only 1, 5, 45, or 90.

[] execVM "Erva.sqf";

is there any guide of how to set up this mod i don't want to marage the files 

on a side note, you always need to merge the files if you use any other mod/script that uses that file. The script maker is not making a tutorial for every script merge out there ^^

Is it possible to release instructions that actually explain what to change in each files? My server has a lot of custom files and figuring what to change in each file is not easy. I cannot just drag and drop ill break the server...

I agree with you!

Hey there,

I made an issue report on your git. It seems that player_updateGui is broken. Since installing this mod, none of my status icons work anymore. Nothing updates, sound and vision are gone and on relog, I always have the fracture and shock icon, even though I have neither status in the DB. I was looking through the commits and saw that you recently updates this file, any chance you could have accidentally broken something?

Thanks!

Is it possible to release instructions that actually explain what to change in each files? My server has a lot of custom files and figuring what to change in each file is not easy. I cannot just drag and drop ill break the server...

I agree with you!

Hi guys,

I wont be doing a step by step guid with all changes as there are rather a lot and they are all pretty simple.  The pack installs straight on vanilla Epoch with little difficulty and for installing on top of a modded server, by far the best way is to use diffmerge to compare the files and see what is different between them and act accordingly. 

Knowing how to use diffmod is also a great, some may say required, skill for running a well modded server.  Diffmerge is free and Raymix put up an great tutorial showing how to best use it including running through a couple of examples, of which A Plot for Life was one.  His guide can be found

If anyone wants to put together a step by step guide then I am happy to link to it from the first page.

Currently my very limited spare coding time is being spent on getting a new 5GHz test server running (water cooling is fun), getting the second part of Better Refueling coded and working on the new Arma 3 mod with Raymix wich should be rather nice but has a log way to go.