[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

Check server_monitor.sqf.

Sounds like the ownerUID is being applied on object build but is not being applied on object load when the server restarts.  That is the sqf that handles the object load.

Excellent, I'm sure this is the same issue some others are having, I'll see what I can track down

Check server_monitor.sqf.

Sounds like the ownerUID is being applied on object build but is not being applied on object load when the server restarts.  That is the sqf that handles the object load.

Hi RimBlock,

I did not follow this step:

Search for

_serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";

Replace with (you may need to change this depending on where you put the server files).

_serverMonitor = [] execVM "custom\system\server_monitor.sqf";

If this file is not being modified, is this still required?

Hi RimBlock,

I did not follow this step:

Search for

_serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";

Replace with (you may need to change this depending on where you put the server files).

_serverMonitor = [] execVM "custom\system\server_monitor.sqf";

If this file is not being modified, is this still required?

This looks like the problem, and may very well be the problem others have.

Maybe we can clarify the install docs a little just to note that custom\system\ is in the plot for life folder :), I assumed I should of added that line for my own custom server_monitor.sqf file.

Will be testing shortly!

OK so I was trying to remove this and I accidentally deleted my original init, system, compiles folders instead of the ones that came with this script. I tried to restore and vilayers restore messed up and I no longer have any files in my overpoch folder in mysql. Is there any way to get the originals back outside of mysql?

You should be saving incremental backups of your server every time you make a change. A db backup won't do anything for your server files. It basically looks like you may have to start over from scratch if you didn't make a local copy of your server files. What mids did you have installed?

I have been through msql, I have created many restore points as I have added scripts. When this happened I attempted to restore to right before I added this mod and it failed and now the folder with my restore points is empty.....I have created a ticket with vilayer about this but I have already redownloaded the files from epochmod and I'm looking through my mods that have requested changes to the files that I have to get from epochmod. 

I would gently suggest that this would be better suited in its own thread with the added benefit that, if properly titled,  it would get more responses to help resolve your server backup and management issue.

I do not use a hosting provider so cannot help with this one.

Hope you are able to sort it out.  Good luck.

The number of people that are using it without trouble means that it is infact NOT bs. trying to install it myself caused a conflict with my infinistar so I personally can't use it but the code is solid. This forum if for sharing and constructive criticism, not for you to rage at what you don't understand.

The number of people that are using it without trouble means that it is infact NOT bs. trying to install it myself caused a conflict with my infinistar so I personally can't use it but the code is solid. This forum if for sharing and constructive criticism, not for you to rage at what you don't understand.

I also run infistar and my P4L works fine, what issues are you getting?

Not sure, I have a bunch of other mods installed, tried to follow the instructions but it broke a few things so I had to go back. Im running an epoch origins server from gtx gaming though so idk

Because this mod changes ownership check with more or less everything to do with building and buildable objects I would tend to advise installing it first and then adding other mods on top.  Now, Epoch Origins is also a pretty comprehensive change to vanilla Epoch, from what I understand, so it is unlikely to be an easy merge, especially if you are not so familuar with scripting.

I am sure others have done it and may be willing to share here.  I dont run an Epoch Origins server so can not easily help, sorry.

Small bug highlighted by nkukard on the Git (thanks nkukard).

Wrong variable being checked for take ownership of plot items being active.

Open fn_selfactions.sqf

find

if (s_player_plot_take_ownership < 0) then {
  if (DZE_APlotforLife) then {

Change to 

if (s_player_plot_take_ownership < 0) then {
  if (DZE_PlotOwnership) then {

I will update the release in the next couple of days.

How can i get this snaps work with this mod?

I'm confused!

I have installed:

Snap Building Pro v1.4.1

Build Vectors

AdminBuild and Plot 4

Link

as I upgrade to v2.33??

Guys,

Not quite sure what you mean.

Snap Build Pro 1.4.1 is included with this release.  You do not have to add or merge anything for A Plot for Life and Snap Build Pro to work (if you installed it correctly).

There are variables you need to set in your init.sqf file to turn the functionality on and these are detailed in the install instructions (end of the file).