[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

On 28.5.2016 at 6:07 AM, Daddy Kropp said:

So I have that issue where people can build but not upgrade. Mind sharing what steps you took to fix that?

My problem was that I had more than one fn_selfActions.sqf so looked for the differences in the //upgrade category and changed every difference, so that it looked exactly like the selfAction.sqf from the plot for life folder

Hope that could help you with your problem

• 1 month later...

I wanted to uninstall this, so i completely reset both dayz_server.pbo and my mission file, to the ones i had before i installed this. I also deleted the folders in the root server folder.

My server is now stuck at "Waiting for server to start authentication"

Anybody know how to fix this? Do i need to do more to uninstall it?

41 minutes ago, TheCobra said:

I wanted to uninstall this, so i completely reset both dayz_server.pbo and my mission file, to the ones i had before i installed this. I also deleted the folders in the root server folder.

My server is now stuck at "Waiting for server to start authentication"

Anybody know how to fix this? Do i need to do more to uninstall it?

If u install it manually u can uninstall it getting back step by step, but if u copy and paste on a vanilla server, its not so easy.

see in your arma2oaserver.RPT  the errors.

4 hours ago, juandayz said:

If u install it manually u can uninstall it getting back step by step, but if u copy and paste on a vanilla server, its not so easy.

see in your arma2oaserver.RPT  the errors.

I did uninstall it by undoing everything i had done. The only thing that worked was wiping my entire database. It works now!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi community!!

I have a  small error and I cant seem to nip it in the butt. I am able to build items within my plot pole area. However upgrading them isn't allowed. I get the message, "plot pole nearby". Thanks any help would be great!

• 1 month later...
On 29/07/2015 at 5:59 PM, SmokeyBR said:

found an error on client RPT

if player in combat mode and tries to build something this happens

Spoiler

Error in expression < player_build_getConfig;

_classname = _itemConfig select 0; 
_classnametmp = _>
  Error position: <_itemConfig select 0; 
_classnametmp = _>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _itemconfig
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\dayz_code\actions\modular_build.sqf, line 48

I had the same problem.  The bug is in player_build_states.sqf.  The script is checking the variable _isFine and expecting Boolean (true or false) but it's returning "Strings".

@RimBlock - The way I saw the true error was to wrap the the "[] call player_build_states;" with a waitUntil control structure.  This brought out the proper error in my RPT as to _isFine should be boolean and not strings.  Please double check because I am admitedly using a modified version of P4L but I'm fairly certain this is a bug in your release.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

To fix it open player_build_states.sqf and change the _isFine variables to Boolean like this:

Spoiler

if(!DZE_ActionInProgress) exitWith {};
//disallow building if these conditions are not met
private ["_isFine","_onLadder","_vehicle","_inVehicle"];

_isFine = true; //define variable to avoid RPT errors
_onLadder =	(getNumber (configFile >> "CfgMovesMaleSdr" >> "States" >> (animationState player) >> "onLadder")) == 1;
_vehicle = vehicle player;
_inVehicle = (_vehicle != player);

if (dayz_isSwimming) exitWith { //end script if player is swimming
	DZE_ActionInProgress = false;
	cutText [localize "str_player_26", "PLAIN DOWN"];
	_isFine = false;
	_isFine
};

if (_inVehicle) exitWith { //end script if player is in vehicle
	cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_42"), "PLAIN DOWN"];
	_isFine = false;
	_isFine
};

if (_onLadder) exitWith { //end script if player is climbing on ladder
	cutText [localize "str_player_21", "PLAIN DOWN"];
	_isFine = false;
	_isFine
};

if (player getVariable["combattimeout", 0] >= time) exitWith { //end script if player is in combat
	cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_43"), "PLAIN DOWN"];
	_isFine = false;
	_isFine
};

_isFine //returns string to caller, default is "ok" if conditions were not met

Also, however, while debugging this I also found some other nasty, and related, bugs...  

If you pass the player_build_states.sqf  (ie. you aren't swimming or in a vehicle or on a ladder) it gives you the ghost preview of the object you are about to build.  The problem is that once you have the ghost preview, you can mount a vehicle (or go swimming, or climb on a ladder) and the build doesn't get interupted.  It will infact try to build the object and although it wont actually publish the object (it sort of gets frozen during the build) this is a problem if your server supports static weapons (like mine does) because it will not stop you from mounting an unpublished weapon (or vehicle).  So for me this is not good.

So I'm sure there's a better way to fix this but my solution so far is to modify the player_build_publish.sqf to essentially recheck the player's "state".  Like so: (don't forget to ADD the extra variables to the private ["..."]  (variables array).

Spoiler

private ["_passArray","_cancel","_position","_reason","_classnametmp","_classname","_tmpbuilt","_dir","_location","_text","_limit","_isOk","_proceed","_counter","_dis","_sfx","_started","_finished","_animState","_isMedic","_num_removed","_lockable","_combinationDisplay","_combination_1","_combination_2","_combination_3","_combination_4","_combination","_combination_1_Display","_playerUID","_OwnerUID","_toohigh","_isWater","_vehicle","_inVehicle","_onLadder"];

//defines
_cancel = _this select 0;
_position = _this select 1;
_classnametmp = _this select 2;
_isAllowedUnderGround = _this select 3;
_text = _this select 4;
_isPole = _this select 5;
_lockable = _this select 6;
_dir = _this select 7;
_reason = _this select 8;
_requireplot = _this select 9;

_playerUID = [player] call FNC_GetPlayerUID;

_passArray = [];

_isOk = true;
_proceed = false;
_counter = 0;
_location = [0,0,0];

_isWater = dayz_isSwimming;
_vehicle = vehicle player;
_inVehicle = (_vehicle != player);
_onLadder =		(getNumber (configFile >> "CfgMovesMaleSdr" >> "States" >> (animationState player) >> "onLadder")) == 1;
if (_isWater) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [localize "str_player_26", "PLAIN DOWN"];};
if (_inVehicle) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_42"), "PLAIN DOWN"];};
if (_onLadder) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [localize "str_player_21", "PLAIN DOWN"];};

//No building on roads unless toggled
if (!DZE_BuildOnRoads) then {
	if (isOnRoad _position) then {
		_cancel = true;
		_reason = "Cannot build on a road.";
	};
};

If anyone knows a better way to interupt the build when the player goes swimming, gets on a ladder, or jumps in a vehicle, please let me know! 

Lastly.. OP please try to condense this mod back into player_build.sqf because this is a bit of a mess as many have already commented.  Also as an opinion I think safes, lockboxes, combos etc should not have been changed.. please change it back to normal or give people the option to keep it normal.  Nonetheless great work.  Keep it up =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2015/03/03 at 3:34 PM, RimBlock said:

They are all undefined variable errors.

Find out in the original files where they should be defined and make sure their initial definitions have been merged.

These ones are causing your issues with A Plot for Life

Error Undefined variable in expression: dze_aplotforlife

Error Undefined variable in expression: _playeruid

Can you explain how to fix the problem in a bit more depth?

33 minutes ago, EagerBeaver said:

Hey guys :) Me again :P 

Umm how can i shorten the building time..

@ the moment it takes 3 actions to complete building something i would like it shortened to just 1 action.. ( NOT INSTANT BUILD ) 

open your init.sqf and add lines in blue:

MaxVehicleLimit = 1; // Default = 50
MaxDynamicDebris = 50; // Default = 100
dayz_MapArea = 14000; // Default = 10000
dayz_maxLocalZombies = 3; // Default = 30

dayz_paraSpawn = false;

dayz_minpos = -1;
dayz_maxpos = 16000;

DZE_SelfTransfuse = true; // default value
DZE_StaticConstructionCount = 1;

DZE_PlayerZed = false;
DZE_MissionLootTable = true;