[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

Do you not still get an option on your mousewheel to unlock? You should still get that but, then not have to enter a code....

No i get nothing i have to open it with the admin tools there i can still access the gear/pack/lock but i do not get any option on the locked safe

sounds like your selfactions file is messed up. I would check your install again. Have you noticed other functions that normally reside on the scrollwheel have also gone?

What errors in your server rpt?

It is just an vanilla overpoch server with admin tools and p4l so it runs on the p4l files. and it appears that the lock and pack have been gone now to. 

there are no errors int the rpt.

Hey! This just started happening and I don't know why. When a player tries to build a plot pole it resets when pressing the spacebar and cancels the build. 

The only thing in my RPT file was this error:

12:07:58   Error position: <_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * 2)));_ne>
12:07:58   Error Undefined variable in expression: _maxdist
12:07:58 File ca\modules\functions\misc\fn_findSafePos.sqf, line 90
12:07:58 Error in expression < "_newY", "_testPos"];_newX = _posX + (_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * 2)));_ne>

Not sure if it's related. The odd thing is, I can't find the fn_findSafePos.sqf file anywhere.  :huh:

Hey! This just started happening and I don't know why. When a player tries to build a plot pole it resets when pressing the spacebar and cancels the build. 

The only thing in my RPT file was this error:

12:07:58   Error position: <_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * 2)));_ne>
12:07:58   Error Undefined variable in expression: _maxdist
12:07:58 File ca\modules\functions\misc\fn_findSafePos.sqf, line 90
12:07:58 Error in expression < "_newY", "_testPos"];_newX = _posX + (_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * 2)));_ne>

Not sure if it's related. The odd thing is, I can't find the fn_findSafePos.sqf file anywhere.  :huh:

dayz_code

Client RPT Error SPAM but no Server RPT errors

I merged plot for life and zupa fn_selfactions.sqf.. and  fn_damageActions.sqf 
Ive compared them over and over .. cured a few errors.. but cant seem to resolve these .. and safes I get no option to unlock now .. !!@@%%$!!$!@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Driven me bat crap crazy ...  Anyone Please, attached is link the merged fn_selfactions.sqf  and fn_damageActions.sqf

"PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"
2nd UV set needed, but not defined in ReportStack not available
"infiSTAR.de - randvar26 created (18.289)"
"infiSTAR.de - randvar1 started (18.431)"
"infiSTAR.de - randvar1 created randvar27a (18.472)"
"infiSTAR.de - 01032015IAHAT346 - Successfully Loaded on Client ID2471 (18.472)"
"infiSTAR.de - randvar1 created randvar27 (18.541)"
Error in expression <_bank_dialog2 = -1;
player removeAction s_player_packOBJ;
s_player_packOBJ = -1;>
  Error position: <s_player_packOBJ;
s_player_packOBJ = -1;>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_player_packobj
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 1126
ca\misc3\wf\wf_depot.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\misc3\wf\wf_depot.p3d: house, config class missing
Error in expression <;

} else {

if ((isPlayer _unit) && !(_targetUID in _friendlies)) then {
r_act>
  Error position: <_targetUID in _friendlies)) then {
r_act>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _targetuid
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\fn_damageActions.sqf, line 184
Error in expression <getVariable ["hit_hands", 0] >= 1;

if (DZE_APlotforLife) then {
_targetUID = [_>
  Error position: <DZE_APlotforLife) then {
_targetUID = [_>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: dze_aplotforlife
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\fn_damageActions.sqf, line 90
Error in expression <;

} else {

r_act>
r_act>
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\fn_damageActions.sqf, line 184

_targetUID = [_>
_targetUID = [_>
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\fn_damageActions.sqf, line 90
Error in expression <ild = true;
};
};

if(_isModular && (_playerUID == _ownerID)) then {
if(_hasT>
  Error position: <_playerUID == _ownerID)) then {
if(_hasT>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _playeruid
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 314
Error in expression <erID == dayz_combination || _ownerID == _playerUID) then {
_combi = player addAc>
  Error position: <_playerUID) then {
_combi = player addAc>
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 658
Error in expression <x = "ItemToolbox" in _itemsPlayer;

_playerUID = [p>
_playerUID = [p>
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 173
Error in expression <;

} else {

r_act>
r_act>

_targetUID = [_>
_targetUID = [_>
};
};

if(_hasT>
if(_hasT>
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 314
Error in expression <x = "ItemToolbox" in _itemsPlayer;

_playerUID = [p>
_playerUID = [p>
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 173
};
};

if(_hasT>
if(_hasT>

They are all undefined variable errors.

Find out in the original files where they should be defined and make sure their initial definitions have been merged.

These ones are causing your issues with A Plot for Life

i dont understand why you use your own variables, compiles, fn_selfActions, etc pp files and want us to use yours. but we still have alot custom things in those files.

so it would be better to tell us what has to be placed in those files. otherwise its totally confusing, given alot of rpt errors and so on...

i just installed the snapbuild pro 1.4. works fine.

then i like to have this a plot 4 life also, but i found this version where is also snapbuild pro migrated and other stuff...thats to much for me...

is there somewhere just a clean legacy install version out, without any other addons and replacing our important custom files, only update them, and and installation guide for only a plot 4 life?

@Chainsaw Squirrel

i feel with you, have the same here, also zupa coins 3.0 etc

Hello everyone!

I am getting this error with 2.35 and 2.5

From fn_check_owner.sqf:

if (_ownerUID == _objectOwner) then {
  _owner = true;
};

if (_ownerUID == _ObjectOwner) then {
_owner = true;
}>
  Error position: <== _ObjectOwner) then {
_owner = true;
}>
  Error ==: Type Array, expected Number,String,Object,Side,Group,Text,Config entry,Display (dialog),Control,Team member,Task,Location
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\A_Plot_for_Life\compile\fn_check_owner.sqf, line 20

I have Striker's Build Vectors 1.4.1 + Snap Pro

This error is a real showstopper :( I cannot open the server to my many regulars.

I am happy to pay for any help resolving this error! (paypal)

After 2 days looking at all the code I can not see the problem :(

btw, is there any upgrade out, to change from gold to coin system?

>?? either zupa single currency 3.0 or Souls .. Souls if you use config based traders ..don't .. zupa is based off of config based traders .. people used to banks will complain no bank .. but some people complain all the time . so ... :rolleyes: 

>?? either zupa single currency 3.0 or Souls .. Souls if you use config based traders ..don't .. zupa is based off of config based traders .. people used to banks will complain no bank .. but some people complain all the time . so ... :rolleyes: 

whut?

didnt get it what u mean.

i have zsc 3.0

can i use somehow coins to pay the maintenance instead of the 10oz gold???

i dont understand why you use your own variables, compiles, fn_selfActions, etc pp files and want us to use yours. but we still have alot custom things in those files.

so it would be better to tell us what has to be placed in those files. otherwise its totally confusing, given alot of rpt errors and so on...

i just installed the snapbuild pro 1.4. works fine.

then i like to have this a plot 4 life also, but i found this version where is also snapbuild pro migrated and other stuff...thats to much for me...

is there somewhere just a clean legacy install version out, without any other addons and replacing our important custom files, only update them, and and installation guide for only a plot 4 life?

@Chainsaw Squirrel

i feel with you, have the same here, also zupa coins 3.0 etc

This is what I did .. since I self host anyway . thanks to gigabit fiber net service .. I have  a test box here .. rebuilt from ground up , starting with P4L 2.4 , SnapPro and Vectors, then added Zuppa Coins, etc ..Since P4L and Snap Pro use so many of the files u need to edit for others.. gives u base to build off of.. better than fighting trying to install over and around the other way

whut?

didnt get it what u mean.

i have zsc 3.0

can i use somehow coins to pay the maintenance instead of the 10oz gold???

AHH I don't do maint so didn't know . lol ... I have other things use to get around that :) .. Did u ask in Zupas SIngle Currency Thread ??   Might be resolved in the 2.5 version .. but vectors stopped me from using that version, until mod dev for vectors releases his new version

This is what I did .. since I self host anyway . thanks to gigabit fiber net service .. I have  a test box here .. rebuilt from ground up , starting with P4L 2.4 , SnapPro and Vectors, then added Zuppa Coins, etc ..Since P4L and Snap Pro use so many of the files u need to edit for others.. gives u base to build off of.. better than fighting trying to install over and around the other way

aha, yeah, thats exactly what i am trying now   

i have 3.0 of zupas coin system, not that old 2.5.  and i stuck now with BuildVectors 4...

and, btw, is there just a simple flag to disable the paying for maintenance in some file?

thx!

I use zupa 3.0 sc as well. And yes, there are single currency version of the base maintenence. Pretty easy to find with the search functions of the forum and google. I'd post the maintain_area.sqf file, but I have to remember where its at in my files first, lol. But yes, there is SC versions for just about any original function or mod that uses currency in it.

Anyone have an issue with being able to deploy bike from toolbox when you are in a plot area that you own, using P4L (2.34)? Other people can deploy bike in the plot area, just not the plot pole owner. Says, no plot pole found. (Pretty sure that was the error, have to double check what my players said it was. I saw the error as well, but don't recall for sure right now.)