[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

Hi guys! I've got following problem - after death you still need to replace plot pole and you can't upgrade walls nor doors.

Here is video - http://youtu.be/IMoce4S7fes

Which files do you want me to upload or maybe you already know where the problem is? I'm running Overpoch Origins from GTX, so I couldn't just change my fn_selseActions and etc and I had to manually merge them, so probably some file isn't being called correctly or maybe some variables are fucked...

RPT - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8py12b8gb9o4egd/8822.RPT?dl=0

Your server log file is over 30,000 lines long.  It also has a number of errors that have nothing to do with A Plot for Life and I would suggest you clear those up first before adding anything else.  If you don't then you have not got a stable base to work from in tyhe first place and you are going to have a much harder time.

Search for ".sqf" to get a list of errors.  Looks like there amy be two or three that keep reoccurring.

You also need to check the client RPT file.

Note, I have not build this mod for Overpoch but I understand people are using it with that mod.  You may need a fairly good understanding on SQF and what the different scripts are doing in order to make the modifications required.

After installing the Zupa Currency system v3.0 I don't have access to "Show/Hide Plot Pole Radius" anymore. Does these two mods conflicts and is there anyone who have a fix for this?

thx

There should be no clash.

Check fn_selfactions as that is where the scroll wheel options are added and removed.

Yes.  you will need to merge then.  It should be fairly easy as they probably have changes in different parts of the file from each other.  Get a copy of DiffMerge and have a look at the guides in the first post on this thread to give yourself a good idea of how to merge if you have not done so before.

The Take Ownership option was designed for this purpose :) .

Hm.. Then that is obviously the part I did wrong :D Upon taking ownership there were like.. 6 ojects claimed to me but the base itself consists of ~200 parts :> Guess I need to check that again ^^

Okay upon taking ownership it gives me ownership over 6 items. 4 Locked Doors and 2 unlocked ones but no cinder/wooden walls or anything else in my base. Shouldn't I also get ownership of those as they are listed in dayz_allowedObjects which is part of DZE_plotTakeOwnershipItems?

Search for KK_functions in your log file.  I saw the message that it cannot find them. 

These functions are used by Precise Base Building to allow the saving of accurate item coords.  If the function cannot be found then that would explain why the worldspace values in the DB are messed up.  It would also explain why the server_monitor is complaining on server startup as the data it is being provided is incorrect.   The problem is saving the objects and not loading them (well this problem anyway).

Link it is correctly and see what happens. 

I linked it correctly, still does it.

And some players report that their car cannot be accessed anymore. Keys to it dont work or something... this guy had a blackhawk with black key and on restart its now using a green key that do not exist o.O

Make sure you have DZE_plotTakeOwnershipItems set in your variables.sqf correctly.  THis contains a list of items you can take ownership of (and items to exclude from the list).  Seems like it ts the wrong way around for you as you should not be able to take ownership of locked doors by default (i.e. you would still need to break through them or go around).

I linked it correctly, still does it.

And some players report that their car cannot be accessed anymore. Keys to it dont work or something... this guy had a blackhawk with black key and on restart its now using a green key that do not exist o.O

Saving vehicles has nothing to do with A Plot for Life. 

I would take a step back.  Get your server working correctly before adding A Plot for Life and then add it.

Saving vehicles has nothing to do with A Plot for Life. 

I would take a step back.  Get your server working correctly before adding A Plot for Life and then add it.

It was working fine until I add it. PERFECTLY fine like no bugs linked t o those cars. I still get the error in the RPT saying error in server_monitor.sqf (which appeared after installing it)

_object setposATL _pos;
_object se>
 3:14:24   Error position: <_dir;
_object setposATL _pos;
_object se>
 3:14:24   Error Undefined variable in expression: _dir
 3:14:24 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 195
 3:14:24 "MOVED OBJ: "21875" of class WoodStairsSans_DZ to pos: [3993.59,10909.1,0]"
 3:14:24 Error in expression <eCargoGlobal  _object;

UPDATE: Seems like their stuff is back at previous spot. Most likely desync issue on restart... most people claim to be ok. Ill wait and see... ibut I dont like those errors spamming my RPT... and how can I delete the vehicles that did not save correctly? Like those... they spam RPT too!

3:14:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: any
 3:14:20 Error in expression <["OBJ","21770","UH1Y_DZE","1200",[any,any],[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]],0],[[">
 3:14:20   Error position: <any,any],[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]],0],[[">
 3:14:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: any

Then the problem is with the way you have merged the files or the data in the DB or both.

Any records int he DB with 'any' in the worldspace filed will not load correctly.  If you remove them from the DB then do you still get the issues ?.

Then the problem is with the way you have merged the files or the data in the DB or both.

Any records int he DB with 'any' in the worldspace filed will not load correctly.  If you remove them from the DB then do you still get the issues ?.

I am not really good at SQL queries, how would one remove all the entries in DB with any in them as coords?

And I do assume that the problem still exists as it still says it in RPT... I used DiffMerge to merge my files and they are supposed to work...

@FraZ I'd love to help you as I had the same issue the first time I tried so I know it is indeed something I did wrong while installing P4L but the problem solved itself when I re-did all my files =/

@RimBlock

You mean this line right?

if (isNil "DZE_plotOwnershipExclusions") then {
DZE_plotTakeOwnershipItems = dayz_allowedObjects - (DZE_LockableStorage + ["Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ","TentStorage","TentStorageDomed","TentStorageDomed2"]);
};

That only excludes lockable storages not doors if I'm correct. I just don't know where I went wrong with it. 
TakeOwnership calls FNC_check_owner, which is loaded via compiles.sqf correclty and is in the right place and then uses plot_take_ownership.sqf which also is in the right place (but not in the compiles). Anything else I might have missed? =/

@FraZ I'd love to help you as I had the same issue the first time I tried so I know it is indeed something I did wrong while installing P4L but the problem solved itself when I re-did all my files =/

@RimBlock

DZE_plotTakeOwnershipItems = dayz_allowedObjects - (DZE_LockableStorage + ["Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ","TentStorage","TentStorageDomed","TentStorageDomed2"]);
};

That only excludes lockable storages not doors if I'm correct. I just don't know where I went wrong with it. 

TakeOwnership calls FNC_check_owner, which is loaded via compiles.sqf correclty and is in the right place and then uses plot_take_ownership.sqf which also is in the right place (but not in the compiles). Anything else I might have missed? =/

re-did all your files...? What did you modify per say that could of been the issue?

Cus right now nothing but characters are saving on restart ill try fresh reinstall of P4L

@RimBlock

};

Yep, you are right, locked doors are not excluded.  Make sure that dayz_allowedObjects includes the objects you are trying to take ownership of.

Take_Ownership is not aliased in compiles.sqf as it is not precompiled (as it is run rarely so does not need to be).  It is referenced explicitly in the fn_selfactions.sqf file

s_player_plot_take_ownership = player addAction ["Take plot items ownership", "Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Action\plot_take_ownership.sqf", "", 1, false];

You could add another debug line in the take_ownership.sqf file

Find

_classname = typeOf _object;

change to

_classname = typeOf _object;
diag_log format["[Take_Ownership] Object %1 found.  Class is %2.",_object, _classname];

Make sure you have the other two diag_log lines in take_ownership active (ie. not removed or not with // in front) and then try it out.  Check the client .RPT file to get a better idea of what is going on.

Fragz: I implemented P4L on my running Server with Single Currency so I diffmerged everything. The error propably was in the serverside files (server_monitor/updateObect). Although I searched for the error I could never find it thats why I just started from scratch (again with my working files)

RimBlock: Thanks will try that diag_log. As for the dayz_allowedObjects: I checked a million times and they are in there as my line is pretty basic apart from the fact that it also contains the objects from my custom building. 
Take Ownership even let me claim some of the signs people can build on my server but not any walls which are listed in the same line thats why I dont get it ^^

Fragz: I implemented P4L on my running Server with Single Currency so I diffmerged everything. The error propably was in the serverside files (server_monitor/updateObect). Although I searched for the error I could never find it thats why I just started from scratch (again with my working files)

RimBlock: Thanks will try that diag_log. As for the dayz_allowedObjects: I checked a million times and they are in there as my line is pretty basic apart from the fact that it also contains the objects from my custom building. 

Take Ownership even let me claim some of the signs people can build on my server but not any walls which are listed in the same line thats why I dont get it ^^

So would it be single currency causing it? because it is the only linked file I have modified in there... Cars teleporting, gear in safes and such vanishing... this is weird as fk xD

No it's you causing it ;) I got both running now and I'm propably not the only one. Somewhere you made a mistake while installing P4L

I verified with diffmerge, all files are the exact same but the edits with Single currency, cant seem to find the problem in them/...

Mind taking a look? Ill post them in a paste bin or if you can join my TS idk!?

In the server files I cant really see anything but we got different coin scripts and I got a lot more edits in those files so that makes it hard ^^ Also I moved all of the needed Serverfiles clientside (before that was actually the part where objects weren't saved correctly but I have no idea if putting them clientside is actually needed).

Besides that I only saw that you're still using the default remove.sqf instead of the one from P4L

In the server files I cant really see anything but we got different coin scripts and I got a lot more edits in those files so that makes it hard ^^ Also I moved all of the needed Serverfiles clientside (before that was actually the part where objects weren't saved correctly but I have no idea if putting them clientside is actually needed).

Besides that I only saw that you're still using the default remove.sqf instead of the one from P4L

Which would not matter with the buildings saving I dont think... ? and cars...

I did forgot to reupdate it, I just re did it from scratch...