[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

That did the trick.

And sorry to say but another, a bit bigger problem: cant unlock safes, obviously dont know about locking them. Straight on I get "open locked safe" and on trying it the game complains about wrong code.

compiles.sqf

fn_selfactions.sqf

player_lockvault.sqf

player_unlockvault.sqf

As I use Zupa's there are few added lines.

Replaced lock/unlock sqf files with those that come with P4L 2.5, faffed a bit and now its working. As I have not played stock Epoch I must ask: is it normal to be able to open and lock safes without codes?

That did the trick.

And sorry to say but another, a bit bigger problem: cant unlock safes, obviously dont know about locking them. Straight on I get "open locked safe" and on trying it the game complains about wrong code.

compiles.sqf

fn_selfactions.sqf

player_lockvault.sqf

player_unlockvault.sqf

As I use Zupa's there are few added lines.

Replaced lock/unlock sqf files with those that come with P4L 2.5, faffed a bit and now its working. As I have not played stock Epoch I must ask: is it normal to be able to open and lock safes without codes?

The ability for the safe or locks owner to be able to unlock a safe / lock without supplying a code is in Epoch vanilla but it could not be used as the owner is identified by the value in the characterID field which is used for the unlock code for these objects.  By moving the ownership details to another place, this is now working as it should. 

It is also quite easy to disable if people do not like it.

some people even reported disappearing plotpoles...  This seems to be a bug whenever the server restarts... Cus they are still marked on the map?

RPT says this:
_object setdir _dir;
_object setposATL _pos;
_object se>
14:46:32   Error position: <_dir;
_object setposATL _pos;
_object se>
14:46:32   Error Undefined variable in expression: _dir
14:46:32 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 196
14:46:33 "MOVED OBJ: "21809" of class TentStorage to pos: [9590.77,8288.5,0]"
14:46:33 Error in expression <eCargoGlobal  _object;

Server_monitor.sqf:   http://pastebin.com/N9SWe7YX

check last updated in the object_data table of the DB.  Sounds like it is not storing the cars location.

Pastebin the entire server log.  It is much more helpful than the server_monitor.sqf or other sqf files for initial investigation.

Update: Anythign someone places down vanishes on restart too. Safes and plots disappeared if placed now that I installed P4L. I will paste the whole log here.

EDIT:

http://pastebin.com/B3CZVfiH

There you go, spams with undefined variables I think...

UPDATE: Backed up my old files see if it would fix it, still get the same error in the RPT saying stuff about undefined variables in server_monitor.sqf.

Vehicles TP back where they were on restart, and safes and plotpoles placed down or anything new placed down will instantly vanish on restart (its pretty much not saving any vehicle)

I will have a quick scan through to see if I can see an obvious point where the issue is starting.

Select some vehicles that are giving the undefined variable error and post up the records for those vehicles from the object_data DB table.  It sounds like the worldspace is not formatted as it should be in the DB.  The failure to update position etc sounds like a seperate 2nd issue.

I will have a quick scan through to see if I can see an obvious point where the issue is starting.

Select some vehicles that are giving the undefined variable error and post up the records for those vehicles from the object_data DB table.  It sounds like the worldspace is not formatted as it should be in the DB.  The failure to update position etc sounds like a seperate 2nd issue.

I backed up my old files and it seems to work now... Had to rollback 3 days though :/

Once I give it a shot again ill do that, because yeah it is a pretty odd bug...

On version 2.35 me and my players started noticing that when a player dies he does't have the ability to build anymore on the plot pole. Also with the snap build pro the F function has stopped working, I am not sure why these things are happening, I installed everything correctly, could there be any reason why these things are happening?

After all my attempts to get this working, I am willing to donate some money to a good scripter that can install this for me please.

I will provide my actual working files, and I want this mod installed... Please.... HELP ME. Weird errors that make no sense keep poping up...

It started doing it again even though I reverted to old files... no idea on whats going on...

Here are some vehicles from the object_data table you asked for:

(21878, 13959312202049235, 11, 'WoodFloorQuarter_DZ', '2015-02-11 17:29:29', '2015-02-11 22:29:29', 6984, '[any,any,"76561198098327802"]', '[]', '[]', 0.00000, 0.00000),

(21769, 735259251115, 11, 'CinderWallHalf_DZ', '2015-02-11 00:06:16', '2015-02-11 05:06:16', 6822, '[any,any,"76561198002866664"]', '[]', '[]', 0.00000, 0.00000),

etc... It says any any in the database coords.

The ability for the safe or locks owner to be able to unlock a safe / lock without supplying a code is in Epoch vanilla but it could not be used as the owner is identified by the value in the characterID field which is used for the unlock code for these objects.  By moving the ownership details to another place, this is now working as it should. 

It is also quite easy to disable if people do not like it.

Do tell. Just in case I get whined at enough.

It started doing it again even though I reverted to old files... no idea on whats going on...

Here are some vehicles from the object_data table you asked for:

(21878, 13959312202049235, 11, 'WoodFloorQuarter_DZ', '2015-02-11 17:29:29', '2015-02-11 22:29:29', 6984, '[any,any,"76561198098327802"]', '[]', '[]', 0.00000, 0.00000),

(21769, 735259251115, 11, 'CinderWallHalf_DZ', '2015-02-11 00:06:16', '2015-02-11 05:06:16', 6822, '[any,any,"76561198002866664"]', '[]', '[]', 0.00000, 0.00000),

etc... It says any any in the database coords.

Search for KK_functions in your log file.  I saw the message that it cannot find them. 

These functions are used by Precise Base Building to allow the saving of accurate item coords.  If the function cannot be found then that would explain why the worldspace values in the DB are messed up.  It would also explain why the server_monitor is complaining on server startup as the data it is being provided is incorrect.   The problem is saving the objects and not loading them (well this problem anyway).

Link it is correctly and see what happens. 

Do tell. Just in case I get whined at enough.

Open fn_selfactions

Search for the following in the sections that deal with vaults (search the file for "vault").

if(_characterID == dayz_combination || _ownerID == _playerUID) then {

and change to

if(_characterID == dayz_combination) then {

Hi guys! I've got following problem - after death you still need to replace plot pole and you can't upgrade walls nor doors.

Here is video - http://youtu.be/IMoce4S7fes

Which files do you want me to upload or maybe you already know where the problem is? I'm running Overpoch Origins from GTX, so I couldn't just change my fn_selseActions and etc and I had to manually merge them, so probably some file isn't being called correctly or maybe some variables are fucked...

RPT - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8py12b8gb9o4egd/8822.RPT?dl=0

Propably a stupid question but I never used this before: 

Is it possible to also save PlayerID for things placed BEFORE P4L was installed? Maybe with taking over ownership or sth?

The Take Ownership option was designed for this purpose :) .