[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

I've tried numerous times to merge these files as my server has many mods already installed, including an older version of P4L and snappro. 

Every time I get wait for host and the error that comes up is many:

3:38:04 Server error: Player without identity PLAERNAME (id 123456778)

Not sure where to look at next.

Ok, so you have 3 undefined variables.

s_givemoney_dialog: No idea.

snap_build: This is a variable which holds the snap_build code that is run when building.  Check your compiles to make sure it is defined.  My mod does not change this from the original release version from Raymix.

_vector: Presumably used for Vector build.  No idea.

Sorry for the late reply I got it fixed and posted what I did on vectors thread.

Hello, I'm new to all of this stuff. I have noticed that I'm supposed to put this line somewhere: DZE_PlotOwnership = true;

And I'm not too sure where it's supposed to go! If somebody could help me out, that would be great

In your init.sqf file mate, with the rest of the DZE_ variables.

Hi RimBlock, 

I noticed with your older version of P4L (2.35) that I could walk up to a buildable and using the info key I have with infi**** it would tell me the name and GUID of the person that placed it. Using 2.4 this functionality no longer works. Is it something I have done wrong in the install or does this just not work with this version. Is there a way to make it work? 

I've installed this and now my server says "Waiting for server to start authentication" when I try to connect to it. Any idea? 

Kinda hard with the very limited info provided.

You need to check the server RPT file as ther eis most likely an error in there somewhere.

Did you install this mod on a new clean Epoch vanilla server or were there other mods installed and if so what ?.

For what it's worth. I was getting the "Waiting for server to start authentication" error on a clean install of Epoch. My problem was, in the init.sqf, this line

_serverMonitor = [] execVM "custom\system\server_monitor.sqf";

Had the wrong path in it. I had it sat in MPMission\mission\SYSTEM\custom\system\server_monitor.sqf". Something to do with how I copy pasted it, my brain just didn't change the text for some reason!! It did not complain about not finding the file, it just didn't authenticate full stop.

• 2 weeks later...

Now A3 Epoch is in the last 10 the pressure is off a little for the Epoch team.  We will see if that actually translates in to a release at some point.

I spent quite a few days amending A Plot for Life to meet vbAwols requirements so it could be included in the Epoch main build just after Raymix had Snapbuild Pro and modular building included (around Aug last year).  I submitted the pull request and it just sat there for weeks untouched until I finally removed it.  I had no problem doing the work to get it included after getting the nod from vbAwol but having it ignored after doing it really makes me think twice about doing it again.

Having said that A Plot for Life v2.35 should be pretty much be ready to merge with Epoch.  It would then just need precise building added to it.

Ok, as you may have seen, someone has said they will test if I resubmit to the Git.  I will have a look at packaging it up over the next week or so.  Also if Mikeeeyy is in agreement then I will also include precise base building (credit to Mikeeeyy of course).

Ok, as you may have seen, someone has said they will test if I resubmit to the Git.  I will have a look at packaging it up over the next week or so.  Also if Mikeeeyy is in agreement then I will also include precise base building (credit to Mikeeeyy of course).

Are you supposed to be able to remove things after death because someone let me know it was all working fine until they died. I got one of my admins to try it and it didn't work for him either. I got him to try using the take objects option on the plotpole, about 4 objects were deleted from that base and he was temp banned by infistar for nuking or something lol is that because the items needed maintaining do you think?

Sorry I'm running 2.35

Yes you should be able to remove.

What other mods are you using as I believe one of them (Plot Management or Vector) has had issues reported with removal of objects.

You need to either change the setting for detecting nukes in Infinistar or you could try changing the uisleep number in plot_take_ownership.sqf (lines 37 and 42) but this will make the take ownership process slower.  A uisleep of 1 will pause for 1 second.  try searching this thread for nuke and you may find the posts where people have mentioned the setting in ISAH to avoid the nuke kick. 

Yes you should be able to remove.

What other mods are you using as I believe one of them (Plot Management or Vector) has had issues reported with removal of objects.

You need to either change the setting for detecting nukes in Infinistar or you could try changing the uisleep number in plot_take_ownership.sqf (lines 37 and 42) but this will make the take ownership process slower.  A uisleep of 1 will pause for 1 second.  try searching this thread for nuke and you may find the posts where people have mentioned the setting in ISAH to avoid the nuke kick. 

Ok will look for that, I white listed the action and its ok for me but will see if it worked for the other guy.

Yeah I think it may have something to do with Plot Management as I couldn't remove anything until I removed and reverted step 5C of the installation, since doing that I'm able to remove stuff I built until I die. I'm not sure what to look for at this point and I'm using your version of the remove file.

P4L 2.35

Vector

Snap

Precise Base Building

I have others but I don't think they effect the building side of things as its just the service points and things like that

Edit: alright found the nuke fix will try it when I finish work tonight...

I fixed the issue of being banned for taking ownership.  

Open your AH.sqf, and search for limit = 5.  Change 5 to whatever number you want (I have mine at 200).  

Yes it means a person could delete 200 items on your server; but you can take over bases.  I have vigilant admins, so I am not worried.

What does the chunk of code in the fn_selfactions.sqf look like that handles deletebuild.  The code from my fn_selfactions looks like the following (to give you a reference).

//Allow player to delete objects
		if(_isDestructable || _isWreck || _isRemovable || _isWreckBuilding) then {
			if(_hasToolbox && "ItemCrowbar" in _itemsPlayer) then {
				_player_deleteBuild = true;
			};
		};

//Allow owners to delete modulars

if(_isModular && (_playerUID == _ownerID)) then {
				// diag_log text "fn_selfactions remove: [can remove modular item]";
            };
         };
		//Allow owners to delete modular doors without locks

if(_isModularDoor && (_playerUID == _ownerID)) then {
            };		
	};	

What does the chunk of code in the fn_selfactions.sqf look like that handles deletebuild.  The code from my fn_selfactions looks like the following (to give you a reference).

//Allow player to delete objects
		if(_isDestructable || _isWreck || _isRemovable || _isWreckBuilding) then {
			};
		};

//Allow owners to delete modulars

if(_isModular && (_playerUID == _ownerID)) then {
				// diag_log text "fn_selfactions remove: [can remove modular item]";
            };
         };
		//Allow owners to delete modular doors without locks

if(_isModularDoor && (_playerUID == _ownerID)) then {
            };		
	};	

Ok just got home. Mine says this so I'll try your one that's properly were I'm going wrong.

if(_isModular && (dayz_characterID == _ownerID)) then {
            };
        };

if(_isModularDoor && (dayz_characterID == _ownerID)) then {
            };		
		};

I see mine has dayz_characterID and yours has _playerUID will let you know how it goes the first part that you have is the same as mine though