[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

THis is a very strange issue the two of you have.

Ok, was the file downloaded from my Git or from the dropbox package (question is to both of you) ?.  Maybe the player_updategui.sqf has some corruption or a control code has slipped in there.

The other thing you can try it to create a new player_updategui.sqf file as the changes I have made in it are minimal.

Extract player_updategui.sqf from the EPoch 1.0.5.1 dayz_code.pbo file.

Open the extracted  player_updategui.sqf for editing.

Find (line 154 -> 156)

_charID = player getVariable ["CharacterID", "0"]; 

_rcharID = _humanityTarget getVariable ["CharacterID", "0"]; 

Replace with

if (DZE_APlotforLife) then {
    _playerUID = [player] call FNC_GetPlayerUID;
    _rplayerUID = [_humanityTarget] call FNC_GetPlayerUID;
}else{
    _playerUID = player getVariable ["CharacterID", "0"];
    _rplayerUID = _humanityTarget getVariable ["CharacterID", "0"];
};

Save the file

Replace the file from my package with this new file.

Give it a test.

Let me know if that resolves it.

I am having this issue and this does not work for me. I tried redownloading the files from github and replacing my player_updategui.sqf, I also tried pulling it from the day_code and editing it as you described here. Still refuses to update correctly. I used notepad++ to search in files for all references to player_updategui and it is only referenced in the compiles and nowhere else. I am at a loss here. My players really want P4L and everything is working as it should be except the gui updates.

Thanks in advance.

Just a follow up. I replaced the player_updateGui.sqf with the stock epoch file just to test it and it is still happening, which leads me to believe that it is not an error in code in that specific file. Which other files in the P4L files reference the player_updateGui.sqf which could be causing this issue?

Another followup for me. Completely reverted to my server and mission pbo to before installing P4L and I do not have the issue of icons locking up when I fire my gun. I'm seriously at a loss. My players want P4L but I'm gonna have to go without it for now until this issue is resolved. There must be something in the changes when I merge my existing files with the P4L files that bugs out the 'player_updateGui'. I've gone over the files with beyondcompare about 20 times now. I just cannot find what could be causing this. 

Just a follow up. I replaced the player_updateGui.sqf with the stock epoch file just to test it and it is still happening, which leads me to believe that it is not an error in code in that specific file. Which other files in the P4L files reference the player_updateGui.sqf which could be causing this issue?

A plot for Life does not reference this file at all.  The standard Epoch files update it.  A Plot for Life just tells it to look in a slightly different way for friendly identification.

As I suggested previously, re-activate the debug lines in that file to find out if those variables are getting correctly set before the code calls that SQF file.

Can you help me for the Instructions?

I Already have a custom file if i use your file copy & Replace it's mean i have to install everything again!

That's to hard for me it's took me a day to install single curreny from zupa i don't want to do that again!!!!

PLEASE !!!!

Sorry, please use something like diffmerge.  it is simple and fairly quick.  Raymix provided a video guide on how to use it here.  I have linked it a couple of times already in this thread.  Last time was a page or two back.

Locked vehicles - Having an issue with vehicles not saving TO HIVE and on restart unlocks.

A plot for life does not do anything with vehicles.

Check your server .RPT file and your hive.log for clues on where the problem may reside.

Really need help about my problem

Here is my full RPT log

http://pastebin.com/HDeV27Dc

What i have do :
1- Copy the custom folder to mpmission and change the dictory

2- Unpack dayz_server.pbo

3- copy system,init folder to dayz_server.pbo & replace

4- Copy compile folder to mpmission.

5- Pack the pbo & upload the pbo & mission file to dayz epoch server.

NP, glad we got to the root of the issue.

Dropbox package updated and file fixed on GitHub.

I  had to do a fresh install today and had the icons not updating. Tried github and dropbox files. I did go into dayz code and just copied and pasted the entire file and switched out the lines and it worked fine afterwards.

Edit: This is the error I got with a fresh server install:

Error in expression <ontrol = _this;
if (ctrlShown (_control select 0)) then {
{_x ctrlShow false} fo>
  Error position: <select 0)) then {
{_x ctrlShow false} fo>
  Error select: Type Control, expected Array,Config entry
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.chernarus\Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\init\compiles.sqf, line 304

I  had to do a fresh install today and had the icons not updating. Tried github and dropbox files. I did go into dayz code and just copied and pasted the entire file and switched out the lines and it worked fine afterwards.

Edit: This is the error I got with a fresh server install:

Error in expression <ontrol = _this;
if (ctrlShown (_control select 0)) then {
{_x ctrlShow false} fo>
  Error position: <select 0)) then {
{_x ctrlShow false} fo>
  Error select: Type Control, expected Array,Config entry
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.chernarus\Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\init\compiles.sqf, line 304

Sorry, not sure what the issue you are seeing is.

Have compared the dropbox file with the same file from v2.2 and with the 1.0.5.1 Epoch file and the block I pasted above is the only difference.  I also checked for invisibles.  The error you are showing seems to be from the chunk of code before the if statement where my new code is.  This is untouched.  I can think of no reason why you should be seeing a problem with regards to that file.  It is very strange.

Really need help about my problem

Here is my full RPT log

http://pastebin.com/HDeV27Dc

What i have do :

1- Copy the custom folder to mpmission and change the dictory

2- Unpack dayz_server.pbo

3- copy system,init folder to dayz_server.pbo & replace

4- Copy compile folder to mpmission.

5- Pack the pbo & upload the pbo & mission file to dayz epoch server.

1. 13:44:26 Warning Message: Script custom\init\server_functions.sqf not found

That looks like your first problem.  You are putting the server_finctions in the dayz_server.pbo file but not changing the reference to it in the compiles.sqf (bottom of the file).

1. 13:44:26 Warning Message: Script custom\init\server_functions.sqf not found

That looks like your first problem.  You are putting the server_finctions in the dayz_server.pbo file but not changing the reference to it in the compiles.sqf (bottom of the file).

oops

Thanks you my server running nice now

I can't Install PlotManagement

STEP 8 This one is in your dayz_server.pbo (Modifying server_monitor.sqf)
8 A
Find

_object setVariable ["ObjectID", _idKey, true];

After that, add

if (typeOf (_object) == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ") then {
_object setVariable ["plotfriends", _intentory, true];
};

8 B
Find

if (count _intentory > 0) then {

Replace that with

if ((count _intentory > 0) && !(typeOf( _object) == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ")) then {

STEP 9 Again, this is in your dayz_server.pbo (Modifying server_updateObject.sqf)
Find

_inventory = [
getWeaponCargo _object,
getMagazineCargo _object,
getBackpackCargo _object
];

Replace that with

if (typeOf (_object) == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ") then{
_inventory = _object getVariable ["plotfriends", []]; //We're replacing the inventory with UIDs for this item
} else {
_inventory = [
getWeaponCargo _object,
getMagazineCargo _object,
getBackpackCargo _object
];
};

Installation complete

i stuck at this step at this step

if (count _intentory > 0) then {

i coudn't find this in my server_monitor.sqf in server_pbo so i extract a default dayz_server & i succes to find that line

So i take a look in your server_monitor.sqf and strange your server is _inventory rather _intentory in default server_monitor.sqf

Should i change to _inventory ?

if ((count _inventory > 0) && !(typeOf( _object) == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ")) then {
if (typeOf (_object) == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ") then {
_object setVariable ["plotfriends", _inventory, true];
};

i'm really confusion

Hi there,

well i installed P4L to my test server and everything is fine, i can build at my plot pole after i die which is great. until server reset. After server reset i lose control of the plot pole. Any ideas? i've been over the install a few times but cant seem to find out why. thank you in advance

Right on investigation it is one of the mods i am running, tried it with default server and mission files plus infinistar and all is good.

Will post when i find out what is causing the problem once i find which mod it is

Check your db to see if the plotpole is saving with your SteamID. I am guessing not which is why after the items are read back on restart, the plot pole ownership does not match your character.

Check out the files to do with player build and check for any errors in the server RPT file and the hive log file.

search for "dark" in player_updategui.sqf (compiles subfolder).  If you find it then try downloading that file from the Git.  The Epoch 1.0.6 version sneeked in to the release somehow but has now been replaced with the 1.0.5.1 version.