Duping - Potential Fix?

ReDBaroN

Question

I am also getting the duping problem on my server and currently can only really deal with this through spectating and punishing reactively.

I'm not going to explain here how it's done as I know the experts who can help me prevent it already know how it's done.

I have searched high and low for a fix in the forums but can't find anything.

I have a suggestion for a script but, I'm a n00b server admin (3 months) and certainly nowhere near the level of scripting.

Wouldn't the easiest way to solve this problem be a script that simply empties any backpack put into storage or vehicle immediately, rather than waiting for a restart as currently happens. Maybe a pause and warning message to the player telling them that their pack will be emptied if they continue? 

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Also, as I'm new to this forum please advise if I have posted in the wrong place.

Thanks

BaroN

8 answers to this question

I'm surprised at not having a response at all to my post in 5 days on a topic I thought was very important to all server admins... Especially where I think my proposed solution would resolve the last hurdle of duping and sounds like a simple script...?

Please advise if I have posted in the wrong place in these forums....

At one point i believe this was fixed in a version of epoch. I'm not sure that this is the case but it seemed to re appear after the 1.0.4 releases.

My admins actively search players inventory and safes when the players seem to have a lot of money.

i've caught a few this way but only the ones that are greedy enough to have 88 briefcases or 30 m134 ammo boxes.

maybe we will get a version of epoch soon that will address this issue.

Thanks for the messages but, what do you think about my idea to delete backpack contents with a warning message first when someone tries to put it into any kind of storage?

Not being a scripter it obviously sounds easy to me but, is it?

I'm guessing by the lack of response, nobody is keen on my idea? Or, does anyone think it won't work for some reason?

At the moment, I also don't check for BC's as they can be legit, I'm checking for m107's, their mags, MAAWS and their rockets. that's the best indicator I have had so far for me to then heavily spectate players to catch them duping.

Would just prefer a more proactive approach.......

Could just force an update on near vehicles' inventory on abort. Of course this is being done close to restart so it may not work if there is too little time. You could alternatively kick all players 30 seconds before actual restart and let the server "catch up" before shutdown.