Remove Third Person  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Keep Or Remove 3rd Person

• Keep (Not Skilled)
    • Remove 3rd person (skilled)

Why should the server become 1st person only? For one reason it is listed as a veteran server, which would make it harder for everyone to play instead of it being much more easier. it would keep people interested when there is a challenge, seeing how i've been playing on this server for 1.5 weeks now... and i've pretty much accomplished so much that its starting to get boring since theres no real challenge in gunfights.  

REASON'S WHY!

- More realistic

- better gameplay

- everyone has equal view

- harder to play

- requires skill

- no seeing over walls

- no peeking around walls

- You will feel more immersed into the game!

- You will have more fun!

- People cant 3rd person and see into your base from over a wall!

WHY NOT REMOVE 3rd person! it will help the unskillful people get better

And will create a variable that will implement each player has equal vision

CONS!

-HEADBOB (turn down headbob to a bear minimum (still realistic) or completely off! fixed

-motion blur (affects ure gameplay 3rd or 1st person anyway not a real con)

- NO OTHER CONS

1st person is so much more emmersive. Don't want to rag on 3rd person but I personally hate it, why would you want to watch your backside? Wouldn't being the character mean you see from the eyes of the character, not some bird following along?

I'm just happy 1st person is a choice, it has it's advantages so I couldnt care less what others use.

fr1nk

well, thats why we the players have to give them some ideas of to which what we would like to see implemented into the game, seeing how we are the reason why the server is populated, its not just what admins want, but the community overall... the admins do have the final say into it though

fr1nk

well, thats why we the players have to give them some ideas of to which what we would like to see implemented into the game, seeing how we are the reason why the server is populated, its not just what admins want, but the community overall... the admins do have the final say into it though

You realize there are literally thousands of servers out there, right? Also, the ability to set a server to 1st person-only already exists. It's like flipping a switch, anyone who knows how to google something can do it. Leave the choice in the hands of the admins and their players instead of trying to force your playstyle on everyone else.

I like the current choice system where Admins and Players can choose what type of server perspective they want.

With thousands of servers I find it hard to believe not one provides what a player is looking for, and I see no reason to force 1st person onto thousands of players.

A con for 1st person only that people miss is that helicopter piloting can be difficult in tight landings.  In a game you don't have the tactile feel of a real machine regarding roll/pitch etc.

For the original poster I'd say just look around and jump to a server offering what you want, or just ask Admins on the servers you play on, or even easier... don't use 3rd person.

fr1nk

If 1st person is so much better, then why are 1st person servers so underpopulated compared to 3rd person servers?

It's not that players don't have a choice, but that you don't agree with their choice and think administrators should force them to make the choice you want them to make.

or even easier... don't use 3rd person.

But, but, but, the other players will have an unfair advantage then. They must all be force to play in 1st person so they don't have an unfair advantage and that they can play the game the way it should be.</sarcasm>

Yes, I've seen that argument used as a reason why a particular game should not have 3rd person.

Keep or remove 3rd person wont make a difference.

Currently 3rd person is available, If it was removed by the epoch developers then no sooner then it was released there would be a post on the forums for how to re enable 3rd person.

so why bother to block something that is already a server admins option to enable or disable when all that would happen is instead of some disabling it, some would just enable it.... 

If 1st person is so much better, then why are 1st person servers so underpopulated compared to 3rd person servers?

People will tend to flock to whatever is "easiest". Many, many, many Epoch servers run AI and all of them have zombies. These stand between you and gear and don't get to use 3rd person perspective and so become easier to avoid and deal with when you can. Flying a helicopter or driving a vehicle is more difficult in 1st person as well and we all know no one actually uses those in Epoch so it wouldn't matter.... right? Right?

Not a fan of 3rd person in any FPS game let alone a realistic one. But I have it enabled on my server for one reason alone and that is for building. As I am sure you guys know its a pain in the arse at the best of times to try and a line objects and having that different camera angle can be a god send. So Make 3rd person enable for vehicles and building only? 

Matthewjknott makes a great point.

if Epoch Devs remove 3rdf person it would take no time at all for people to start reversing it.  Also the complaints would go through the roof so why remove choice based on the playerbase minority?

FYI, try Building a Base by yourself, without snap building in 1st person only. I've done it, Not easy. I prefer 1st person but wish I could do a server with 1st person only except while building.

It would make more sense to integrate snap building as an optional feature than tinker with core Arma mechanics.

If someone would help me get the script working right, I might have a way for admins to add a fair compromise to this argument.   Basically, the script is designed to allow 3rd person view but it limits its usage under certain conditions.  This could easily be edited, once it is working correctly.