Discussion about upcoming v0.1 Closed Alpha Test

vbawol

Open world survival mod set in the year 2035, Just two years after the mass extinction of billions of people. Those that remain are left with remnants of a once technological society. Try to survive, build, or explore your way through the harsh dynamic environment.

Players

• Male and Female players with unisex apparel.
  • Persistence: Location, Appearance, Inventory, Health, Custom Stats.

Weapons

• Custom weapons and melee system.

Vehicles

• Persistent tracking of vehicles position, color, direction, and inventory.

Base Building

• Re-envisioned for Arma 3 PhysX. Persists exact position, direction, and angle.

Environment

• Random encounters with several different types of antagonists.
  • Interactive player to player trading menu.
  • Persistent NPC Traders with randomly chosen home and a work locations.
  • Building interaction system that allows opening, closing even locking, unlocking doors.
  • Weather extremes:
    • ​Air and Water temperatures
    • Lightning
  • Explore & Loot:
    • Wrecked ships
    • Abandoned vehicles and buildings
    • Caves and Underground bunkers
    • Multipart reward based missions

* Many more features are planned, features may change at any time.

V.nice cant wait till get a chance to try out the new epoch on arma3, love look of the new building.

Already upgraded my main machine to run Arma3.

Anyway i totally understand various reasons for a closed alpha test etc.

Just out-of curiousty, u guys got a rough idea when there might be a public release of server files ?

i.e 1/2/3 months time / after the ama competition ?

Thx

Been following Epoch for Arma 3 closely for awhile now. Really glad to see the time lapse video for the MakeArmaNotWar campaign. +1 supporter of course. Best of luck with closed alpha! Looking forward to release!

Does this mean that you have a built in mission system by default?

Also is there any word on how heavy the server files are when it comes to performance etc? Does it tank a lot of ram, cpu etc?

Does this mean that you have a built in mission system by default?

Also is there any word on how heavy the server files are when it comes to performance etc? Does it tank a lot of ram, cpu etc?

I assume most of the mission systems that arma 3 epoch will try to incorporate will work with that new Zeus DLC

I haven't been this excited about something for a long time. I've been playing WLA on ArmA 3 and running a modded epoch server for A2. WLA does a decent job at trying to create a dynamic, open-world environment with base building and persistent item storage within the A3 engine but it still forces itself on you and doesn't give you the freedom to explore and take risks like epoch does. Call me beyond excited for this. I put in over 50 hours a week average on gaming (433 hours in ArmA 3 currently) and I'll probably still have to take time off work when this comes out to get my fix. You ever need an addict with a rig that can handle A3 on Ultra without turning into a space heater to test, let me know.

• 3 months later...