Need help switching weapons

Zelik

Question

I have been trying to make a right click option for pistols, I want to be able to switch to the pistol by right clicking it. I have tried many different ways but nothing has worked. I could use some help. I thought that i could use this syntax.

Private ["_Current","_Secondary"]
_Current = currentWeapon player;
_Secondary = secondaryWeapon player;
if ((_Current) != _Secondary)
then 
{player selectWeapon _Secondary;} 
else 
{ //Whatever else here }

Any info on this subject is needed. Thanks in advance. I have looked and looked for workarounds for this but have came up short every time.

FYI, I have all of the right click scripts installed on my server, I can get scripts to run via the right click menu, I just need help with this particular coding.

Edited by Zelik

20 answers to this question

Maybe something like this

closeDialog 0;
_current = currentWeapon player;
_primary = primaryWeapon player;
_secondary = secondaryWeapon player;

if (_current == _primary) then {
	player selectWeapon _secondary;
} else { 
	cutText ["You are already holding a secondary weapon!","PLAIN"];
};

Maybe something like this

closeDialog 0;
_secondary = secondaryWeapon player;

player selectWeapon _secondary;
} else { 
};

Your cutText code is working when I am already switched to the secondary but not the selectWeapon part. Any clues? Is the syntax correct? Thanks in advance.

Did you get any errors? Check client .rpt or add -showScriptErrors to your start parameters.

14:05:18 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDfr.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 17)
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDfr.InterpolateTo: Bad move 
14:05:18 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDl.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 9)
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDl.InterpolateTo: Bad move 
14:05:18 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDb.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 9)
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDb.InterpolateTo: Bad move 
14:05:18 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDbr.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 9)
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDbr.InterpolateTo: Bad move 
14:05:18 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDfr.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 11)
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDfr.InterpolateTo: Bad move 
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medicEnd
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic0S
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic0
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic1
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic2
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic3
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic3
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic4
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic5
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic4
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic5
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic0S
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic0
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic1
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic2
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.InterpolateTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic0S
14:05:18   bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.InterpolateTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic0S
14:07:01 "get: STRING (134757638), sent: STRING (134757638)" 

These are the errors I get from the right click option.

This should work.

closeDialog 0;

player action ["handGunOn", player];	
} else { 
};

Giving it a try now, thanks.

This should work.

closeDialog 0;

} else { 
};

Your code works but, the handGunOn action "plays" immediately, couldn't I use the waituntil?

//Example:
waitUntil player action ["handGunOn", player]; 

Not sure the syntax but something like that? Thanks in advance

So "handGunOn" doesn't have the gun swap animation. Well, beats me. I wonder why player selectWeapon doesn't work. You could always use Switchmove and play the animation first but sounds much more complicated than it should be.

This should work.

closeDialog 0;

} else { 
};

I think it may work if I add sleep like lmapper said, I believe the animation is being interrupted by the else section of the code. Sleeping for about 3 seconds should allow the action to complete before the rest of the code is called. What do you think? I haven't tried it yet but, it sounds very plausible. By the way, thank you for the help. I appreciate it very much. 

Good. What did you end up with?

closeDialog 0;

player action ["WeaponOnBack", player] //puts primary weapon on your back
	sleep 1; //waits long enough to finish animation
	player action ["handGunOn", player]; //switches to pistol
	sleep 1; //extra wait, just in case the animation is interrupted, via movement etc.
} else { 
};