wood processing idea

FJack

I've been chopping away with the chainsaw over the past couple hours and i've been thinking how nice it would be to have machines we could hook up to a generator then choose an option to create wood walls, floor/ceiling, lumber packs, plywood packs etc... then just feed that machine lumber to process the chosen option.

Am I just day dreaming or is this something that people would want in Epoch?

Would be easy, but in a world where sh*t went down, you dont really think of mechines, Its more about your own two hands. After your done making your base, you feel so much better since you made it with your two hands, sort of....

Well, in that case show me a chainsaw that outputs lumber if we are gonna stick to realism. 

If you were hacking at a tree with a hatchet, realistically you would get piles of wood, different shapes and sizes, however, if you had a chainsaw, after the first saw to take the tree down you would be making more precise cuts for sure, leaving you with planks (which is as much like the epoch lumber as you could get) I actually think that is one of the more realistic parts of crafting.

I've been chopping away with the chainsaw over the past couple hours and i've been thinking how nice it would be to have machines we could hook up to a generator then choose an option to create wood walls, floor/ceiling, lumber packs, plywood packs etc... then just feed that machine lumber to process the chosen option.

Am I just day dreaming or is this something that people would want in Epoch?

Would be easy, but in a world where sh*t went down, you dont really think of mechines, Its more about your own two hands. After your done making your base, you feel so much better since you made it with your two hands, sort of....

Agree with Namindu on this one, Its an apocalyptic world, difficulty and time should be factors, I'm sure there are many who would like the option, I just don't think it would be for me.

I get your point... I felt that way when I finally got a chainsaw, i thought the chainsaw would ruin that feeling... but that thing is like a godsend now that i look back. It adds more to the game to need mixed fuel for it.

I wouldnt want a quick fix to processing lumber, just something we could buy / build / fit to the workbench, that would kinda replace having buddies to help speed things up.

Beside of your Idea I would rather prefer to craft from an external gear

like craft plywood from lumbers which are in a Ural or any cargotruck... its getting lame that we always have to click them into our gear and then back