Zombie collision

First of all, I just wanted to thank the developer/s (I gather there's pretty much just one dude doing it??) of Epoch as, along with DayZ, it's possibly the most engrossing gaming experience of my life.

There are a good few niggles, which are a shame and I hope the mod overall keeps progressing and moving forward.

I foolishly posted this suggestion about zombie collision on another forum and got, not just flamed, but had the topic locked. I gather zombie collision is old news. But... I would just like to know where the state of play is with that. I've just spent ages building my first locked door to a building and I'm barricading myself in (something of a fantasy for many zombie lovers - and there ARE many zombie lovers out there) only to find that the zombies casually wander upstairs.

Like I say, don't flame me as I am aware this is an old topic. But is this issue anywhere close to being solved? is there a time line?

I reckon this issue alone is enough to put some people off and send them to other zombie MMOs like H1Z1 because there's a fundamental draw to the idea of barricading yourself in a house so zombies can't get in.

yeah, thought so :(

H1Z1 it is then. Shame coz H1Z1 kind looks like a pixar cartoon.

Lol, Look. H1Z1 Is gonna be good. (When It's done,) The version coming out in a few weeks is a bare alpha for testers, (Pretty much what Standalone did)

The only weapons said to be in launch are the AR-15 & 1911. I Don't Belive anything more advanced then planks and (Maybe, if they add it) The wooden shed they showed in a few of the Devblogs/Stream. Honestly, Nothing is really gonna be perfect for atleast another 6-7 months, Just deal with it is all I can say really.

I do hope so.

But I've been watching all their dev diaries and the artists are putting a lot of effort into the main and initial zombie dude. I myself am a semi-professional digital artist so recognise the workflow (so I can imagine a few tweaks and iterations but not a total change in style), and, I dunno, maybe some people think that first zombie looks good but it just looks cartoony to me. Even though the zombies in DayZ are a LOT more crude, they're also a lot more sinister and simple.

Sure the game is very primitive at the moment and will get a ton better over time (and the dev team are really on their shit) but I doubt the style will change much. But I hope it does!

I do hope so.

But I've been watching all their dev diaries and the artists are putting a lot of effort into the main and initial zombie dude. I myself am a semi-professional digital artist so recognise the workflow (so I can imagine a few tweaks and iterations but not a total change in style), and, I dunno, maybe some people think that first zombie looks good but it just looks cartoony to me. Even though the zombies in DayZ are a LOT more crude, they're also a lot more sinister and simple.

Sure the game is very primitive at the moment and will get a ton better over time (and the dev team are really on their shit) but I doubt the style will change much. But I hope it does!

There is a really good looking Offline survival horror game coming out later this month called "The Forest". That's what I'm waiting for.

First of all, I just wanted to thank the developer/s (I gather there's pretty much just one dude doing it??) of Epoch as, along with DayZ, it's possibly the most engrossing gaming experience of my life.

There are a good few niggles, which are a shame and I hope the mod overall keeps progressing and moving forward.

I foolishly posted this suggestion about zombie collision on another forum and got, not just flamed, but had the topic locked. I gather zombie collision is old news. But... I would just like to know where the state of play is with that. I've just spent ages building my first locked door to a building and I'm barricading myself in (something of a fantasy for many zombie lovers - and there ARE many zombie lovers out there) only to find that the zombies casually wander upstairs.

Like I say, don't flame me as I am aware this is an old topic. But is this issue anywhere close to being solved? is there a time line?

I reckon this issue alone is enough to put some people off and send them to other zombie MMOs like H1Z1 because there's a fundamental draw to the idea of barricading yourself in a house so zombies can't get in.

If you just built walls then they can walk right though them. If you build floors and ceilings the zombies then cannot walk though the walls/doors, its just the way arma 2 works. :)

Here is your solution.... enclose the space. 

For example, I built a base out of a castle tower. If you simply put a locked door, even cinder, across the door of the tower zombies will freely wander in. If you build connected walls all the way around the inside of the tower, even if they are in the walls, then the zombies will not wander through because that space "has no entrance". 

I have a wooden walkway up to my tower so down below I built walls around the stairs with doorways in a way that I could park next to the stairs. To keep zombies out I had to place walls slightly into the tower walls and broken castle walls and make sure everything connected and made an enclosed space and now they won't even cross through my open garage door.