Storing Custom Donator Loadouts etc. via MySQL Tables

SKay

Question

Hi guys,

Been having problems with getting loadouts for Donators to be stored on the tables.

Currently I have a WIP donator webpage where people can donate to the server (to offset the cost of running one) and it works great. However, I haven't been able to figure out to properly configure the MySQL tables to read a custom loadout and apply it instead of the default loadout. MySQL is not my fortae and using the normal method of stating certain PlayerUID's and setting the specific playerUID loadouts isn't great especially when it'll have to store an enormous amount of player UID's and consistently take out and place UID's as people stop donating or start donating due to the server being part of a community wide donation package.

I've googled round, and while sniplets have made themselves apparant, it isn't enough to get it running.

If you fine people could help me out, I would be very grateful!

Thanks, and g'day mates.

3 answers to this question

Hi guys,

Been having problems with getting loadouts for Donators to be stored on the tables.

Currently I have a WIP donator webpage where people can donate to the server (to offset the cost of running one) and it works great. However, I haven't been able to figure out to properly configure the MySQL tables to read a custom loadout and apply it instead of the default loadout. MySQL is not my fortae and using the normal method of stating certain PlayerUID's and setting the specific playerUID loadouts isn't great especially when it'll have to store an enormous amount of player UID's and consistently take out and place UID's as people stop donating or start donating due to the server being part of a community wide donation package.

I've googled round, and while sniplets have made themselves apparant, it isn't enough to get it running.

If you fine people could help me out, I would be very grateful!

Thanks, and g'day mates.

You can look through the code for the donation manager - see if that helps you on your path any -

Not sure exactly what your attempting to set up - but doing a "donator store" setup is not advised.

To answer the above;

1. This isn't going to be a "pay2win" or a profit maker by any stretch. The clan that I am working with on this is a strictly non-profit clan that invests all it's donations back into the server. Even if I get more donations than I need, it will go back into the other servers the clan runs; multiple divisions of games do better or worse on a per month basis.

2. I already have had a read of that @Kerbo, but thanks for linking it anyway.

3. @MassAsster had already looked at how you've done things, but it doesn't really suit my needs. Again there won't be a "store"; people can't just buy anything they would like. They donate to support the server and nothing else. In return we thank them.