Some help wanted pretty please.

Qitarah

Question

Hi ladies and gents,

Firstly I will start by saying that I am very new to all of this so forgive my ignorance please.

My friend and I are running a server from Vilayer (dayZpackage 50 slots etcetc), so far I have managed to install a bunch of my addons, made some of my own (basic) changes to things. Generally its been a very fun and reward process getting my own server up and running just how I want it.

However two things have been bugging the hell out of me. I have spend so much time trying to figure both things out that I am just totally at a loss, sooo here I am asking for some help from you guys that know a lot more than me :D.

First of all my server time is wrong. Always:

The server isnt loosing time, its just one hour behind what it should be. Ive set the server time via Vilayers controls  (set server time in the control pannel and in my profile) to UTC+1. However the server is always 1 hour behind. For example if i run the "current server time and time zone" script in Vilayers control pannel its says its 1903. In game on my server the time is 1803.

Any one know what the hell that is all about?

Secondly and most importantly:

I cannot get BEC to work at all, nor Vilayers own "server messages" addon. On vilayer there is an option to automatically install and uninstall BEC. No further setup (out side of the config.cfg) should be needed. However BEC literally does nothing, the error log displays nothing. It literally is doing nothing.

Vilayers "Server messages" addon does nothing as well.

Does anyone know why these arent working?

What other way can I get server restart warning?

Thanks for any replies.

Josh

11 answers to this question

Still cant get BEC or servermessages working. I mean this is not rocket science, Ive watched the vilayer videos on how to do it and read a bunch of other material concerning it. Bilco was kind enough to supply me with a scheduler that is known to work.

However the problem still persists, BEC wont work at all. No error logs are generated, it just isn't initializing when the server is started. As for the Vilayer servermessages addon thats another big question mark, I meant there isnt any coding involve, its idiot proof but that still doesn't work either.

I have sent a support ticket into Vilayer to see what they say.

Are you using the BE filters provided by infistar? If your filters arent in the regex format they wont write to the logs.

I had the same problem with Vilayers time... i never did figure it out i just adjusted it by an hour. I think it has to do with daylight savings.

I am using the BE filters provided by Infistar yes, and I am sorry I dont quite understand what you mean by the "In regex format".  All I did was replace my default BE filters with the infistar ones. Do I have to do anything else to them, for BEC to work?

I guess it makes sense about the daylights saving time, quite annoying non the less. Guess once I get BEC / ServerMessages working, it will just be a case of offsetting by an hour.

A few months ago, Battleye changed the format for the filters. Basically if you're using the old format, you won't have any BE logs whatsoever. If you're using InfiSTAR's filters than they should already be in the correct format, so that probably rules that out.

I use vilayer as well, I have BE running fine and server messages as well. I like vilayer for some things, but their customer service is probably the worst Ive ever seen in any industry. They'll basically tell you to fuck off because you've modded the server and argue with you over stupid stuff. Then when you finally get an answer , it will be vague and probably not too helpful.  

Im really not sure why it wouldn't work, it's a one click install for both of those things.. very strange. 

Well I got BEC working in the end, it was me not configuring the BEServer.cfg :X

Now as of tonight Ive got a new issue.

Stopped my server to apply a few small changes to my restart schedule. Changed the restart schedule, put the server back up. It wouldn't go back up, nothing in log to indicate why.

Now all I am getting is "Status: Error"

What it is doing is launching a new vilayer_active_server_xxxxxx everything I try start the server up.

Any ideas folks?