*WANTED* Experienced Scripter for Hire

TheRoostersNestDayZ

Question

A friend and I recently purchased a 50 player dayz epoch server on the map Chernarus. Right now it is at the bare bones of epoch with nothing modified at all. We are on the search for a person who is willing to script the server for us. We are not two little kids looking for someone to do all the work for us, we are adults who know almost nothing about custom scripting. I myself have experience at running a server as co owner but never got any experience on how to do the scripting. We are looking to hire someone for a one time fee of $40 and if your looking for a server to help run, we will be more than happy to welcome you to the team. If you consider yourself an experienced scripter, please continue reading. If not, don't waste our time. 

Just a quick overview of the server. 

• Hosted by Survival Servers
  • 50 Player limit
  • Versions 1.0.4.2 and 103718
  • Map is Chernarus
  • Anti Hack is infistar

These are the following scripts we would like added to the server

• Self BB
  • Refuel/Rearm/Repair Stations
  • Snap Building
  • Instant Building
  • Take Clothes
  • Custom AI Missions
  • Walking Zombies
  • Bury Players/Cannibalism
  • Custom Loading Screen (We will provide you with the image)
  • Custom Loot Tables
  • Custom Traders
  • Tow/Lift
  • Suicide
  • Custom Debug Monitor
  • Evac Choppers
  • Craft Bicycle 
  • Strip parts from vehicles
  • Custom Loadout 
  • Indestructible bases 
  • No Plot Pole Required 
  • Anti Theft in Safe zones

For now these are all the scripts we could think of, I'm sure we will think of a few more. As you can see there are quite a bit and I am sure its a good amount of work. Currently we are having some trouble with getting our infistar updated and running on the server so we may need some assistance with that as well. To protect from both parties being screwed over, the $40 payment will be broken into 2. $20 before you start scripting and $20 after the scripting is complete. If this process goes well we will be interested in paying you more for whenever things update and need scripted again. If you feel your experienced enough to do these tasks please get in touch with me so we can get things set up and underway. I will provide contact information to whoever is interested in our offer so for now, please just reply to this post. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!

24 answers to this question

Doesn't survival servers already offer scripting work for your server? Besides, if you go through them they have to fix the server if something goes wrong (if they did it) and you won't have to go searching for someone again. Some of those scripts are too easy to install on your own by doing some simple reading. Maybe you can get them to install some and you could do the rest.

You got a server IP?

Server IP is 192.111.147.40:5302

Doesn't survival servers already offer scripting work for your server? Besides, if you go through them they have to fix the server if something goes wrong (if they did it) and you won't have to go searching for someone again. Some of those scripts are too easy to install on your own by doing some simple reading. Maybe you can get them to install some and you could do the rest.

Yes they do offer scripting work. But they charge at minimum $10 per mod, some are even $40. I would be looking at a bill over $100 for them to do it for me. Id rather pay someone who knows what they are doing rather than me doing it, scripting is a foreign language to me.

lol "doing a good job so far"

shows your confidence in your choice

as they have all said, you get what you pay for

1.76 per script

lol fail to see why you would do it on a per script basis.

when he reaches the limit of what he can do best of luck on getting someone else to finish it off, no-one is going to want to work on a half coded server, to many things can do wrong if the initial person hasn't done it properly lol

Like I said in a previous post, have the provider do it. You don't have to do it all at once. Do a couple at a time. But at 1.76 per script, I feel you'll be looking for someone to fix your server after that person is done. You're paying for the service and the post support for future updates when you have your provider do it. I wish you luck...

lol "doing a good job so far"

shows your confidence in your choice

as they have all said, you get what you pay for

1.76 per script

lol fail to see why you would do it on a per script basis.

when he reaches the limit of what he can do best of luck on getting someone else to finish it off, no-one is going to want to work on a half coded server, to many things can do wrong if the initial person hasn't done it properly lol

How would I have confidence in anyone that I do not know? I know nothing about scripting so someone could make up an explanation that sounds good but may be very wrong and I would still believe them. We are doing it at $1.76 per script just so it breaks the payments up just in case someone wants to be a d bag and not pay or not do the work. So far all the scripts he added are working well, I say so far because I still have a lot of things that need added. I wish I could learn to script on my own but as I said, it looks like a foreign language to me.  

The point here (in my 1st post) was never intended to have a discussion if that will work in the end or not. You did not understand the underlying sarcasm I guess.

It's antisocial to let someone script for 1.76 (modern kids slavery...is that the wording?). And I am pretty sure you will find s.o. who will do it for 0.59. But thats not the pont.

Good work should be paid well, that's the point. If your server runs or not...I guess...nobody is really interested. Cause if you don't know what has been done and how that works you will reset it every 3 days.

Maybe I got a bit too emotional when I intially read this post overworked coming back from the customer...but if s.o. pretends not looking for someone doing all the work and then counting up 20+ scripts (with more to come), then antihack and everything. What is then the part you are doing of 'all the work'...pressing the start button? Pay the people who took a lot of time to understand how that all works what they deserve and don't 'destroy the market' the way you are doing it now.

Maybe someone comes tomorrow to your company and tells them that he does your job for half of the salary, then I would like to see your face.

So, I guess, that's all from my side now ,) Don't need another answer to that. Intention was just to make you thinking a bit about this (as an adult).

The point here (in my 1st post) was never intended to have a discussion if that will work in the end or not. You did not understand the underlying sarcasm I guess.

It's antisocial to let someone script for 1.76 (modern kids slavery...is that the wording?). And I am pretty sure you will find s.o. who will do it for 0.59. But thats not the pont.

Good work should be paid well, that's the point. If your server runs or not...I guess...nobody is really interested. Cause if you don't know what has been done and how that works you will reset it every 3 days.

Maybe I got a bit too emotional when I intially read this post overworked coming back from the customer...but if s.o. pretends not looking for someone doing all the work and then counting up 20+ scripts (with more to come), then antihack and everything. What is then the part you are doing of 'all the work'...pressing the start button? Pay the people who took a lot of time to understand how that all works what they deserve and don't 'destroy the market' the way you are doing it now.

Maybe someone comes tomorrow to your company and tells them that he does your job for half of the salary, then I would like to see your face.

So, I guess, that's all from my side now ,) Don't need another answer to that. Intention was just to make you thinking a bit about this (as an adult).

You have your opinions about it, I have mine. In my eyes I am not going to pay someone $80 for an hour of their time. But anyways, I found a credible and reliable person to work on the scripting for me. I am no longer in need for help. Thanks for your input though. 

Jesus Christ guys.. ok even I know that's absolutely close to almost being illegal.. but then again we need to fill these open positions... if you know anyone that needs a job, doesn't have any papers, or just arrived here on the Santa Maria. please have them contact this guy for further requests.