Two complicated mods in one (help)

Brockie

Question

Hi friends.

I'm setting up a dedi server with a lot of cool mods but two of my favorite mods are conflicting with one another.  They are both quite radical mods, but add great features which is why i really want to get this working, with some help from you.

So the first mod is:

[Howto/Release] Tie PlayerUID To All Buildable Objects / Keep plot pole after death

This cool mod allows players to keep ownership of all there plot poles, even if they die. And continue building when they get back, like nothing happened.

It also has another very important feature:  It allows players that are tagged friendly to build on your plot. 

Link to the first mod: http://tinyurl.com/lvwkxj7

And the second mod is:

[Release] Radio Communication Script v1.2

This script allows people tagged as friendly to see each other on the map and on GPS.

Link to second mod:

Both scripts use the GUI (player_updateGUI.sqf) and friendly tagging (player_tagFriendly.sqf), which is where the problem comes in.

The first mod changes both of these files for the persistent plot poles and friendly build capabilities.  But then my map and GPS markers stop working,

So a quick summary of the changes I've done to the two problem files:

player_updateGUI.sqf

6. Open player_updateGui.sqf in the custom folder and go to line 155 and replace this

_charID = player getVariable ["CharacterID", "0"];
    _rcharID = _humanityTarget getVariable ["CharacterID", "0"];

with this

_charID = getPlayerUID player;
_found=[_charID,"AX"] call KRON_StrInStr;
if (_found) then {
_charID=[_charID] call KRON_convertPlayerUID;
};

_rcharID = getPlayerUID _humanityTarget;
_found=[_rcharID,"AX"] call KRON_StrInStr;
if (_found) then {
_rcharID=[_rcharID] call KRON_convertPlayerUID;
}; and add "_found" to the private array at the top

player_tagFriendly.sqf

8. Now copy over "Client_PBO\dayz_code\actions\player_tagFriendly.sqf" to your custom folder and open it up and replace

_callerID = _caller getVariable "CharacterID";
_targetID = _target getVariable "CharacterID";

with

_callerID = getPlayerUID _caller;
_found=[_callerID,"AX"] call KRON_StrInStr;
if (_found) then {
_callerID=[_callerID] call KRON_convertPlayerUID;
};

_targetID = getPlayerUID _target;
_found=[_targetID,"AX"] call KRON_StrInStr;
if (_found) then {
_targetID=[_targetID] call KRON_convertPlayerUID;
}; Now add "_found" to the private array at the top of the file

quoted from the instructions on how to tie objects to playerUID from the first mod.

Sooo... lastly,  where I am at currently is I have removed these two files from my custom folder and went back to the originals which makes my MAP and GPS markers work like they should, and also my persistent plot poles are working, but allowing friends to build on your plot when you tag them doesn't work (since I took out those two files)

Can anyone offer me any help towards a work around to get this solved,  I would be in your debt!

3 answers to this question

yes the problem is my radio script relies on two files, both of which have been changed, and so my radio script wont work.  I need a way to modify the radio script to make it work in tandem with my plot pole script.

yes the problem is my radio script relies on two files, both of which have been changed, and so my radio script wont work.  I need a way to modify the radio script to make it work in tandem with my plot pole script.

Make sure that in the radio script that you changed all the character ids to playerUID now.