Single Currency

Killitem

Question

23 answers to this question

It requires modifications all over the epoch files, mission files, server files and a custom hiveext.dll. 

Can you explain us or give us a hint ? I would like to have a single currency on my server.

I have a general idea of what you need to do but a little help would be great :)

Can you explain us or give us a hint ? I would like to have a single currency on my server.

I have a general idea of what you need to do but a little help would be great :)

Yeah, he's not going to do that. =P  It's one of the things that makes their server special and attracts people.  I wanted to do the same thing with our server, but it looks like it would require a lot of time and screw ups to get it right.  I love CCG's servers, played on their US server for a while.  However, my ISP's bandwidth sucks and I get absolutely terrible FPS due to all the stuff they added, I think.  But a single currency makes things trading a lot smoother.  I liked their idea of having a banker trader as well.  However, it would be cool if the coins could be a physical item, like a sack or something(thinking of Elder Scrolls).  I guess they're getting rid of copper in the next patch, so there's that at least. =P  

Can you just change the name of gold bar to gold coin ?

Then de-activate all other shit like aluminium, copper etc.

sure your could do that, but this way you cant have many different prices.. since you are not able to put 100 gold "coins" in your inventory to buy something..

that is why you need to modify a lot of files to get single currency working, good luck with that :D

Well you can always just change everything to cost x amount of gold bars and 10oz gold bars.

This would nullify the need for any of the other currencies.

I've been thinking of doing it, but I am not great with economy so stuff would probably be weirdly priced at first.

Makes sense.

I guess one way to mitigate it though is to make the sell prices rather low. Say for example you buy a vodnik for 10x10oz but it only sells for like 5 gold bars.

And after that adapt the buy prices. Supply and demand :)

if i would do something with single currency i would just add a "wallet" or something to the game and safe the credits or $ to that item..

since you can't add new items without changiing the epoch client you could just store the credits in the player iteself, so if you kill a player you could still get the money he had on him or something :P

this would be a little more efford, but should be possible :D

but then again there is a reason it is how it is in epoch, doing it like i just said with credits would be much easier to begin with...

We have suitcases. And in those you can put different amount of gold.

Can this suitcase capacity be anything from 0 - to something ?

So when you get gold, you just put them in suitcase, and when need to pay you just take it from suitcase ?

Well technically yes, but in epoch there are 11 different suitcase objects, empty and then with the 10 different fill states... So you have to add a different suitcase for every option and that sucks lol

what about making a bank trader/ATM, this bank trader stores your gold for you, and you can use you account to pay for stuff at any trader? like a credit card or something

This either makes it impossible to steal money, or you steal ALL of the money. That would seriously suck.

Single currency is possibly by only using gold, but it requires you to carry a large amount of gold for items. You could change it to two instead. Use silver and gold. That would eliminate a good 10 other currency items with bronze. It's not one currency, but it is a step up.