A3 Epoch Testers

Dobrowney

Its been awhile since I last played EPOCH on Arma 2 - It brings back a lot of memories.

I am currently of from work - on holidays - yay! Until an old friend of mine mentioned that epoch was coming to Arma 3. At first I was skeptical, until I saw the page on the Arma 3 contest page.

So I am feeling very excited to try this mod out as soon as possible!

Do I get a bonus key for donating? :P

Putting in my 5 cents / open beta-application from a gamer's and IT perspective.

First off, thank you for all the hours of gameplay you provided with A2 Epoch and the community that is alive around it :)

That also made me come on here to put in an application to help develop/test A3 Epoch so it may grow just as big as its predecessor if not bigger! :D

All sucking up aside, what can i bring to the table?

As a gamer:

- Alpha/beta tested many games that were invite or open beta (Mostly MMO platforms like WoW, Eve Online, Aeon, GW, a couple of F2P ones plus a random assortment of other genres)

- Familiar with game-mechanics regarding A3 (knowledge gotten from either A2 + mods/server-admin-ing  or taking part in the A3 alpha/beta)

- Don't know if it counts, but throwing it in there; 20+ years of gaming experience! :D

As an "IT guy" (I currently work at a position of managing an IT department regarding Business 2 Business applications)

- Analytic point of view on software/hardware

- Q&A + Testing new applications/updates

- Knowledge of a divers range of software applications/OS's (Ranging from Adobe's CS suite and 3DsMax from a design standpoint to good old notepad++ for anything HTML/CSS/SQL and whatnot.)

I got free time coming up, allowing me to put in time in testing, providing feedback if not assist with other tasks that arise in which i could contribute.

In any case, i will follow the development with much interest and wish you all the best of luck!! :)

Seph

Hey All

Just heard about this from a friend and came straight over. I played and Co-Owned an ARMA2 EPOCH server and was actively involved in the fight against Vilas ( In case anyone doesn't know, he was the guy that claimed EPOCH had no right to use his vehicle's and caused a massive stink on the DayZ forums). 

And ofc, i too would love to be able to participate in testing ARMA3 EPOCH. But, what can i bring that others cant? Well here are a few things that i believe are relevant.

1) I have been a closed tester of other games in the past that have required me to sign an NDA such as World of Warcraft ( Both WoTLK and Cataclysm expansions) and War Thunder Ground Forces so i know that closed testing really does mean CLOSED TESTING!

2) I am a full time carer and as such, i am available from 20:00GMT till 04:00 GMT everyday of the week.

3) I am 31 and have a firm belief in honestly and trust/loyalty.

Even if i cant become of the lucky few, i still wish you all the best of luck and i await the release with baited breath 

SpikeR

Hey,

Thought I might as well post an application for helping with A3 Epoch as I really enjoy what the development team are doing with DayZ Epoch I think I would enjoy A3 Epoch even more.

Being a server owner of Epoch and also being in my mid thirties I will be able to give concise feedback and would be willing to sit here and purely bug hunt instead of playing (if that makes sense!)

If not then that's cool I will still carry on enjoying the OverPoch Origins server I run :)

TY & LY

Pry

• 2 weeks later...

You're not the only with a real life, I have a family and work from home 24/7. My point is all the people show up now to get on the test list, claiming to be long term fans etc so why only register when you want something ? why not register months back to say hi or thank you ? They've only registered to get something, not to give something :P

Lol I didn't even notice that until I just started looking at number of posts people on this page have. Pretty funny stuff.

Just registered to say thank you so much for doing this project! Friend and I bought Arma 3 recently are are kinda disappointed by how closed off Breaking Point is. Not sure we'll get much into Wasteland or Altis Life RPG, and I was a big fan of Epoch on Arma 2. Cannot wait, would love to help test. Thank you!

With one of the biggest and most active A3 altis life servers in germany we can also provide some stability tests with lots of players (big mass of them is hot for A3:E)

DDoS Protection and so on all included for sure ;)

Well thats only for stability reasons ... if it matters with about 100 filled slots.

Yep, anything is unlikely to completely remove the "me too" comments completely, but it may reduce them a bit and at least set expectations  ;) .

Oh crap, this.. is SO not the cool kids table.  Please disregard my earlier posts, you never saw me here! =P

• 2 weeks later...