Support of Custom Map Features.

J3T

Hello there,

my problem is kind of a hard to solve one.

I'm currently playing Sahrani Epoch, just because i love the map till no ends.

But there is one huge problem with it, the Sahrani makers have done so many freaking goodlooking skins for the vehicles and also for the players that it is a shame that we can't use them.

It's just because Dayz Epoch is overwriting the dayz_code (and everything else which is redundant).

I think it's perrty well described there: (ofc J3T is me)

http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-epoch-sahrani-problem.19406

Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem server (or even mission) side? So we don't have to merge those huge mods with each other?.

Cheers J3T

The issue is Sahrani is trying to be a Mod.. not just a map.

This would mean the owner(s) would need to give permission for the epoch team to include their assets.. which isn't going to happen.

You could jailbreak it and add in the assets yourself but then you would need to publish a new "Version" of epoch to the player base that wish to join your server(s).

The issue is Sahrani is trying to be a Mod.. not just a map.

This would mean the owner(s) would need to give permission for the epoch team to include their assets.. which isn't going to happen.

You could jailbreak it and add in the assets yourself but then you would need to publish a new "Version" of epoch to the player base that wish to join your server(s).

The other option is to request the Epoch guys to just include the terrain like they have with a few others, but our package is large, however it would allow admin's to easily use our buildings on any Epoch map/mod which would be nice.

^Quoted from the lead designer of Sahrani. The Sahrani Dev Team is imho the most sharing dev team ever.