Is this Possible?!

Pro_Speedy

Question

Hello,

I am wandering if this would be possible: 

To have a wasteland type map system, i will provide a picture it will be easier to show what i would like :D

6ToO0Jb.jpg

VERY ROUGH SKETCH!!!

But i hope you guys understand the concept would this be possible to have an area on the map marked and change if there is a player in the area?

Thanks in Advanced!

14 answers to this question

I get what you're saying and I know what you're talking about, but why would you want this in Dayz? 

You may think it's not a good idea but me and my players think it is a good idea.

Because it probably will promote PvP and is a better system than having 'players near' on debug monitor tbh

You could maybe create a sensor for the areas in description.ext like in the safezones (You are now entering safezone abc).

And if the sensor triggers you execute a script which counts up or down a public variable. If the variable is > or < x then change the custom marker you have there. Something like that could be working I guess.

You could maybe create a sensor for the areas in description.ext like in the safezones (You are now entering safezone abc).

And if the sensor triggers you execute a script which counts up or down a public variable. If the variable is > or < x then change the custom marker you have there. Something like that could be working I guess.

I am no expert.. If anyone or yourself could make me a template for something like this or get it working i will appreciate it. Might be able to send a small $5 :D

Thanks for the help

For the marker:

//Cherno
_marker = createMarker ["_Cherno", [Position]];
_marker setMarkerColor "Colorblack";
_marker setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
_marker setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_marker setMarkerSize [300,300];
marker = _Cherno;

Not tested, give me a call if it works. Play around a bit with the MarkerSize, since it won't be enough for Cherno.

I guess nobody who does not also want this would invest hours to script, test, script, test,...until that works just to present you a working code on the tablet ;)

And being a noob does not hurt...what hurts is taking the time to read a lot and learn scripting with trial & error. If you don't want that or don't have the time I'm afraid you need to wait until someone also find this interesting enough.