Websites that charge money to add scripts.

MaxPowers

Hello, I did that some weeks/months ago, but NOT THIS EXPENSIVE!!!

I asked 5 dollars for ALL scripts included, not 5 dollars each script that's just incredible dumb.

People do give me 5$ and hop, full pack with all scripts they want.. Omg 5$/script... wtf.

What do you guys think of MY way of thinking above? Please say me if you find it better or if you think that's just stupid, selling server 'packs'.

Thanks!

xBowBii

I don't mind that, but as you say: "5$/script.. wtf". That's just insane.

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw this thread....this wolfpack / Alexander guy can kiss my @. Wolfpack if you are reading this, i hope you get a ball cutting, diarrhea, vomiting type of disease for selling our work. May all the hackers in the world turn your server from Chernarus to Wasteland.....noob 

Who cares if this guy charges ridiculous amounts of cash for people that don't want to install them on their own servers?

Its the buyer that gets hosed and if someone doesn't want the community to abuse his script then he best not pass it on to the community. 

For instance we have a .sqf conversion that allows us to build client side bases but I don't see anyone ever selling that.

This is why we cant have nice things.

People charging for other peoples work.

Destroys the community spirit, people will stop releasing stuff if they know others are profiting from thier work.

Add to that the fact he's charging for ingame items, weapons, vehicles and cinderblocks etc in his donator packages.

Someone should send a DMCA Compliance / Copyright Infringement notice to Enjin about this website.

Enjin ToS Agreement:

http://www.enjin.com/terms#h.1f79x0maac3n

The problem here is - he sells copyright stuff. He is not even the owner of the scripts and thats why he should not be able to sell it!

I wonder if he is paying taxes for that...

The first-sale doctrine and exhaustion of rights

Copyright law does not restrict the owner of a copy from reselling legitimately obtained copies of copyrighted works, provided that those copies were originally produced by or with the permission of the copyright holder. It is therefore legal, for example, to resell a copyrighted book or CD. In the United States this is known as the first-sale doctrine, and was established by the courts to clarify the legality of reselling books in second-hand bookstores. Some countries may have parallel importation restrictions that allow the copyright holder to control the aftermarket. This may mean for example that a copy of a book that does not infringe copyright in the country where it was printed does infringe copyright in a country into which it is imported for retailing. The first-sale doctrine is known as exhaustion of rights in other countries and is a principle which also applies, though somewhat differently, to patent and trademark rights. It is important to note that the first-sale doctrine permits the transfer of the particular legitimate copy involved. It does not permit making or distributing additional copies.

In addition, copyright, in most cases, does not prohibit one from acts such as modifying, defacing, or destroying his or her own legitimately obtained copy of a copyrighted work, so long as duplication is not involved. However, in countries that implement moral rights, a copyright holder can in some cases successfully prevent the mutilation or destruction of a work that is publicly visible.

not that I agree with what hes doing.. at all..

maca's 'shop' has been banned from this forums, but his, there's no problems, right, Epoch Devs? Nice...

If that particular owner came to these forums and promoting their server/services AND raising a big stink about it when said promotions are removed, he/she would be banned also.

The first-sale doctrine and exhaustion of rights

Copyright law does not restrict the owner of a copy from reselling legitimately obtained copies of copyrighted works, provided that those copies were originally produced by or with the permission of the copyright holder. It is therefore legal, for example, to resell a copyrighted book or CD. In the United States this is known as the first-sale doctrine, and was established by the courts to clarify the legality of reselling books in second-hand bookstores. Some countries may have parallel importation restrictions that allow the copyright holder to control the aftermarket. This may mean for example that a copy of a book that does not infringe copyright in the country where it was printed does infringe copyright in a country into which it is imported for retailing. The first-sale doctrine is known as exhaustion of rights in other countries and is a principle which also applies, though somewhat differently, to patent and trademark rights. It is important to note that the first-sale doctrine permits the transfer of the particular legitimate copy involved. It does not permit making or distributing additional copies.

In addition, copyright, in most cases, does not prohibit one from acts such as modifying, defacing, or destroying his or her own legitimately obtained copy of a copyrighted work, so long as duplication is not involved. However, in countries that implement moral rights, a copyright holder can in some cases successfully prevent the mutilation or destruction of a work that is publicly visible.

not that I agree with what hes doing.. at all..

To install a script on another server, you do have to make a copy of it. This is like selling a copy of a book or CD while keeping the original. First-sale doctrine only applies to the transfer of ownership of the original copy. It does not apply in this situation.

I've spoken to the guy who is the 'boss' of this a couple od months ago when i was a noob.

He said it takes a long time to so it. I just wanted to ask how to install since i like to so it by myself.

He only wanted to say that for $5...

Took me 5 mins to install self bb tho.