Websites that charge money to add scripts.

MaxPowers

Hi I recently came across a website that is charging people to put scripts on servers they own/rent. I decided to hop on their TS and I noticed that there was a channel called

Waiting for Scripts so I went in the channel and asked someone in the channel if in fact that was the case that they charged people to put scripts on a server for a fee. In fact that was the case.

Now I really have no problem with this, if someone wants to pay someone to do work for them then there is nothing wrong with that. I think it's just a cheap way to make a buck on their part. it's just lowclass to take advantage of new people to the community.

All tho I was not happy to see that they are charging a astounding $35.00 fee for a mapaddon I released for people to use for free. Now I know once you put something out there anyone can do what they want with it but c'mon sharing is caring.

Here is the website http://www.wolfpackdayz.enjin.com/scriptstore so you guys can see what I'm talking about, would really like to hear your thoughts on this.

The person I spoke with paid somewhere in the range of $50 and up and was waiting in that channel for a week for someone to get back to him on adding the scripts they purchased. He was quite surprised that all of the scripts on that website can be found here. I think he was led to believe the scripts origin and creator was the person or people he purchased the script from.

some people are just that lazy I suppose...... I'm sure he would argue hes not selling the script it's self, but rather his time to install the script <_<

Yeah I hear ya, but they don't say here this is where you can find this stuff for free and learn how to do it yourself. Because in the case of the person I talked to they are very willing to learn how to do this stuff just needs a little light on the path to do it

Yeah I hear ya, but they don't say here this is where you can find this stuff for free and learn how to do it yourself. Because in the case of the person I talked to they are very willing to learn how to do this stuff just needs a little light on the path to do it

If I had the time I'd make it a point then to direct people inside their teamspeak to where they can, and try to catch them before they spent any $$

Half because that's the kinda dick I am, and half because it really is wrong to take advantage...

The prices on this site is fucked lol. In the past i have had people pay me for my time to set up servers for them but there is no way in hell i would charge them that much lol because its like 30mins to add them all in and if you look around you can find pre build pbo's lol. 

Like Triage said It's pretty retarded. 

Hey everyone, Im the dude that Max talked to about paying Alexander for scripts. Im just wanting to learn how to script, could someone contact me back and  lets talk? I would really really appreciate it.

There are a zillion how-to's on the forum. If you have any questions just ask away on the scriptinig help forum.

Basics:

download notepad++

download PBO manager http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

Make backups of your files

Well, I can understand charging money for helping people with installing stuff. 

For me it's very easy to do, but for someone that has limited time and don't want to learn all the details surrounding it, but want to have a server that is exactly like they want to, they should be able to. 

I think it's important to differentiate between paying for installing stuff, and paying for the script itself. Basically it's like upgrading your computer for you, you charge a fee for the installation itself regardless if you already own or have access to the card.

As for the prices, if people are buying at that rate, why are YOU complaining?