[Suggestion] Combine 4 CZ 550 mags to a 20 round box

Randodom

I love CZ 550 and I would take it over M24 anytime, but I don't use it becuase I'll have to carry so many loose mags on me.

With M24 I can carry 7 DMR mags, but with CZ 550 I have to carry 28 5 round mags if I want the same amount of ammo that I usually carry with M24...

So my suggestion is to add a function that allows you to combine CZ 550 mags into a box or a 20 round mag... but I think that a box would be better.

Why all that hate lol

I'm not asking for 100 round mags for M107 :P

The server I play on has AI missions and if I go to 3-4 AI mission that have 10-15 AI  (who rarely carry CZ ammo anyways) thats already 60 shots + misses and maybe players, thats already 12+ mags where am I going to carry all that? nowhere... so I take M24 instead...

And I've already used SVD enough I want to use CZ.

I dont see any reason not to have it anyways after all CZ is the "least powerful sniper"

Not hating, just pointing out that the CZ 550 is not a fantastic gun. This would be like taking a shotgun and complaining the spread was too far apart for sniping with....

Solution to CZ having crappy drawbacks the SVD doesn't have... Don't Use It. Not every gun has to be a shining example of knighthood, so to speak. The game isn't balanced around that. The game is balanced around using what you get and the CZ is easier to find than the SVD and so has more drawbacks than the SVD. 

Still why couldn't it have 20 round boxes for storage?

I'm not asking to be able to put the box in the gun and have 20 shots... I just want to be able to store them in smaller space like M24 mags, 2 round shotgun mags and arrows

Your just telling how bad CZ is (I dont think its so bad) and so on, wich doesnt really have anything to do with the suggestion

And no I don't want to take a SVD so stop it :P

No, I am stating the gun has a drawback, the limited ammo stacks, and is common. While a less common gun which is nearly the same doesn't share that drawback. You would like to have that drawback changed when it would be so much easier to just use the gun which is nearly the same but doesn't have the drawback. 

The gun is balanced. Part of that balance is that it's ammo doesn't stack even though you can find it all over the place. End of story.

• 2 months later...

To answer your question, the M24, M40, M14, DMR and possibly M21 all use the same 7.62 x 51mm NATO round. That's why we can switch mags. The CZ550 has unique ammo in the game. Here's a link to the wiki in case you're interested, if not just pack your ammo wisely or make every shot count. Doesn't look like your wish will come true. Who knows though?

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Mod:CZ550_Mag

My question is... why can't we pick up those darn ammo boxes in the barracks??? that would solve both our problems and add a solution to many more problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Who wouldn't want this? :(

I want this so I've started working on it. Since I have no idea what I'm doing this may take a while. :) A first pass of the 3D model is complete (I'll create my own textures later) and now I have to figure out how to get it into ArmA. I think I can handle the scripting but the model import looks to be quite a challenge.

cz550_ammo_preview.png

• 1 month later...