how to edit sqf building files

Achmed

Question

5 answers to this question

Easiest way is after you create your map changes you have 2 file a beidi file and a mission.sqm file

All you need to do is go in that mission Sqm file and copy ONLY THE VEHICLE OJECTS nit the chatacters that important if you couldn't tell

It should be like

Vehicle item 0

}

Info....item0

}

Vehicle ....

Copy all that down to the just before the processing lines at the bottom

Now take all that good stuff and go to your mission SQF file in your mission.pbo and paste it after the last vehicle/object and just befor the processing lines.

Last step- ensure that the vehicle/object numbers are not duplicated I think epochs vehicle/object count is up to 750 something by default so you would have to start at 751

Make sure it looks something like

Vehicle 751

}

....info 751

}

(sorry in doing this from a phone but hopefully you get the idea)

After all items have unique numbers and items are properly spaced and bracketed save your new SQF file and pack up your mission Pbo

Done

If still confused we can get on TS later

This could work too:

http://opendayz.net/threads/putting-edited-sqfs-in-client-files.12849/#post-65814

edit: some more detail - take the mission.sqf from the editor and rename it to what you want. There are a couple of things you need to do to clean up the file before use though...the editor adds a bunch of stuff at the top and bottom of the file - you need to delete these entries (addons, processes, etc) so that it looks like this:

if (isServer) then {

_vehicle_268 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_wagon_tanker", [7389.9746, 3263.0935, -4.7683716e-007], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_268 = _this;
  _this setDir 76.592644;
  _this setPos [7389.9746, 3263.0935, -4.7683716e-007];
};

...........BUNCH OF OTHER BUILDING ENTRIES...........

_vehicle_579 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_loco_742_blue", [7378.0054, 3260.1545, 0.01489687], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_579 = _this;
  _this setDir -105.725;
  _this setPos [7378.0054, 3260.1545, 0.01489687];
};
};

sorry guys i think you got the wrong end of what im after

i have a sqm file that someone else made but i need to edit it as there are walls in the road... how do i edit it in 2d or 3d editor?

You ever find out the how to do for this, Matthew?

sorry guys i think you got the wrong end of what im after

i have a sqm file that someone else made but i need to edit it as there are walls in the road... how do i edit it in 2d or 3d editor?

you need to get the biedi and sqf files from the guy, put them in a directory called guysname.chernarus and copy that to the arma profiles directory probably this on windows 7

c:\users\yourname\documents\arma 2 other profiles\youringamename\missions\guysname.chernarus

then open the editor and load it in.

A