[Release] DayZ Mission System

TheVampire

DZMS is a logic and useability rewrite of the DayZChernarus Mission System.
DZMS should be considered as an "updated" DayZChernarus Mission System.

Why Use DZMS instead of DayZChernarus MS?

• DZMS has a simple Configuration File, no more digging through code
  • No more junk code! (Anyone who has read add_unit_server will understand)
  • Simple Install! DZMS Requires a single line edit. No more server_cleanup confusion!
  • No more messy mission code! DZMS uses functions for most code.
  • DZMS is rewrote with all maps in mind, not just Chernarus. Hence the Generic Rename.
  • DZMS is completely server sided! No marker files needed in the Mission PBO!
  • No more "Novy Sobor Bug"!

Plus, many features have been added!

• Option to save vehicles to the database!
  • If Vehicle Saving is off, Users are warned when entering vehicles!
  • Randomized Crate Loot! No more static crate loot!
  • Adjustable Body Despawn Time!
  • Optional: AI Ran Over have no gear!
  • More!

The Current Version is v1.2

Download Instructions: https://github.com/SMVampire/DZMS-DayZMissionSystem

Project Tracking: https://github.com/SMVampire/DZMS-DayZMissionSystem/projects

(Note: I have given The Fuchs permission to use DZMS as the base for EMS.)

Can i use multiple fixed spawn positions ? I've never been a fan of using BIS_fnc_findSafePos since hosting a Tavaiana server and missions were on mountains.

Would something like this work ?

_coordsarray = [[x,y,z],[x,y,z],[x,y,z]]
_coords = _coordsarray call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

Can i use multiple fixed spawn positions ? I've never been a fan of using BIS_fnc_findSafePos since hosting a Tavaiana server and missions were on mountains.

Would something like this work ?

_coordsarray = [[x,y,z],[x,y,z],[x,y,z]]
_coords = _coordsarray call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

I was actually looking for someone to help with this :P

If you can give me a height say a little past where the trees cut off for Taviana, I can make an update that will prevent missions from going above that height.

If you look at all the work that has gone into the location finding, and how it works, it would be silly to use static coords when I can easily add a fix to prevent them spawning above a certain height.

Ill poke around in the editor in a minute.

Let me try setting a height limit, which you can try out, and if it still doesn't do what you want, i'll do an update to allow static positions.

I don't host Taviana anymore, I'm just used to setting my own spawn locations now, no rush either, i'm using WAI at the minute so get other things done that you need to do :)

Tested it out work great and easy to install.

One problem I have found so far is:

* You can fly over the mission in a heli (haven't checked with planes but I amuse it wouldn't matter) and complete the mission instantly!

So maybe add a check and make sure all the bandits in the mission area are dead first before the mission can be completed?

Missions tend to spawn only in 2-3 small areas and often right next to each other. Also right next to stary trader and all Ai's roaming inside a safe zone is one big chaos :) . BIS_fnc_findSafePos is probably not the best way to find a place for mission.

I'd say that could be fixed with a check to see if the mission is near the markers just like the fix for the height on the maps

Tested it out work great and easy to install.

One problem I have found so far is:

* You can fly over the mission in a heli (haven't checked with planes but I amuse it wouldn't matter) and complete the mission instantly!

So maybe add a check and make sure all the bandits in the mission area are dead first before the mission can be completed?

I plan to do that in the next update, v1.1. At the moment it just checks if a player is within 30meters.

Missions tend to spawn only in 2-3 small areas and often right next to each other. Also right next to stary trader and all Ai's roaming inside a safe zone is one big chaos :) . BIS_fnc_findSafePos is probably not the best way to find a place for mission.

I'm staying with findSafePos because using it the missions can work on any map. I'm planning to experiment with a trader blacklist soon although I'm not sure if I will end up supporting it as a feature. In an upcoming update I'll be adding a distance check. I have already experimented with the code but had some issues, so I need to take another shot at it.

Randomized Crate Loot!   :blink: ??

sorry but i have see in the weaponcreatelist.sqf this..

Epoch Supplies. If you have Epoch, these are the supplies in the Construction Crates
DZMSConTools = ["ItemToolbox","ItemCrowbar","ItemKnife","ItemEtool","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemMatchbox_DZE"];

DZMSConSupply = ["CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","ItemTankTrap","ItemPole","PartGeneric","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","ItemTentOld","ItemTentDomed","ItemTentDomed2","ItemSandbag","ItemWire","workbench_kit","ItemGenerator"];

i have clear over 30 missions but i found nothing cinderblocks or another one of this supplies

Epoch Supplies. If you have Epoch, these are the supplies in the Construction Crates
DZMSConTools = ["ItemToolbox","ItemCrowbar","ItemKnife","ItemEtool","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemMatchbox_DZE"];

DZMSConSupply = ["CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","ItemTankTrap","ItemPole","PartGeneric","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","ItemTentOld","ItemTentDomed","ItemTentDomed2","ItemSandbag","ItemWire","workbench_kit","ItemGenerator"];

i have clear over 30 missions but i found nothing cinderblocks or another one of this supplies

Well

he said:

Planned Features!

• Epoch Specific Missions

so they aren't in yet

*snip

Look to SM files and change this

[_crate,"weapons"] ExecVM DZMSBoxSetup;

to this

[_crate,"supply"] ExecVM DZMSBoxSetup;

or add new boxes and use "supply".