How to manually update a Vilayer server

Achmed

Question

Vilayer uses a live sync system to allow you to chose what version of the mod to install. The down side to this is you have to wait for them to release the update before you can sync it. For new users this is great as its a simple way to update but for those of you that either know more of what your doing or don't want to wait here is how to do a manual update and save waiting for Vilayer to release it.

Programs you will need to complete this are:

1)      FTP program

2)      PBO program

I am not including any instructions on how to use FTP or PBO’s as if you don’t know how to use either of these then you should stay with using live sync. Also to allow compatibility with future updates, I will be calling the server and client folders simply server and client and not including a version number. These instructions are also for Chernarus only. If you wish to use another map the instructions will be practically the same, just change step 3 to the map you want to use.

Firstly you will need the latest Epoch server and client files. These can be downloaded of the Epoch website. Once you have downloaded these files to your pc follow these steps to update your server manually.

1)      Extract both the server and client files to your local computer.

2)      Decompile the dayz_server.pbo file found in server\@DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons.

3)      Rename %PREFIX% to %PBOPREFIX%

4)      Upload these files to vilayercodecustom/dayz_epoch on your server.

5)      Upload all files from server\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus to vilayercodecustom/missions/epoch.chernarus

6)      Delete the @dayz_epoch folder from your server and upload the new one from the client files.

7)      Upload all files from server\instance_11_Chernarus\BattlEye to #######_MasterConfiguration/BattlEye where ####### is your username.

8)      Restart your server

This should be your server updated manually to the latest version. Now all you have to do is update your pc using Dayz Commander or however you prefer to do it.

I take no responsibility for the above instructions, I am simply sharing what Vilayer has told me.

13 answers to this question

We tried it and it didnt work. Any Ideas? I get the following error:

Version 1.63.112555
ErrorMessage: Data file too short 

\@DayZ_Epoch\addons\aif_napfobjects.pbo'. Expected 1859757099 B, got 108145476 B

I have not tested it yet as currently away but if vilayer have not released it when I return I will and will update post if needed.

I would try and upload the file again to make sure it uploaded correctly

I contacted Vilayer last night and they have said

Matthew,

Our coder is currently working on setting up the epoch updater and making sure nothing breaks.

As soon as we finalize the test, we will email client explaining how to install the newest patch.

So I imagine it won't take that long hopefully.

You will get an email from us explaining how to update your server and that the update is available.

At the moment we are still testing the update, because 1.0.5 was broken and now we are working with 1.0.5.1

If you have any other queries or issues don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards,

I think we founded our error with the wrong files, we used a linux-vps to update to vilayer, but it looks that the vps have troubls with unzip the .7z and damaged the files .. know we updated via windows and it looks like it works .. but not sure, we havend the upload speed we need and it will take a while to upload the files *brrrrrr*

Vilayer uses a live sync system to allow you to chose what version of the mod to install. The down side to this is you have to wait for them to release the update before you can sync it. For new users this is great as its a simple way to update but for those of you that either know more of what your doing or don't want to wait here is how to do a manual update and save waiting for Vilayer to release it.

Programs you will need to complete this are:

1)      FTP program

2)      PBO program

I am not including any instructions on how to use FTP or PBO’s as if you don’t know how to use either of these then you should stay with using live sync. Also to allow compatibility with future updates, I will be calling the server and client folders simply server and client and not including a version number. These instructions are also for Chernarus only. If you wish to use another map the instructions will be practically the same, just change step 3 to the map you want to use.

Firstly you will need the latest Epoch server and client files. These can be downloaded of the Epoch website. Once you have downloaded these files to your pc follow these steps to update your server manually.

1)      Extract both the server and client files to your local computer.

2)      Decompile the dayz_server.pbo file found in server\@DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons.

3)      Rename %PREFIX% to %PBOPREFIX%

5)      Upload all files from server\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus to vilayercodecustom/missions/epoch.chernarus

6)      Delete the @dayz_epoch folder from your server and upload the new one from the client files.

7)      Upload all files from server\instance_11_Chernarus\BattlEye to #######_MasterConfiguration/BattlEye where ####### is your username.

8)      Restart your server

This should be your server updated manually to the latest version. Now all you have to do is update your pc using Dayz Commander or however you prefer to do it.

I take no responsibility for the above instructions, I am simply sharing what Vilayer has told me.

This makes no sense, 

Then on part 6 you want me to delete it? 

they are two different folders. one has a very obvious @ and the other dosnt. also one is very obviously located at vilayercodecustom/dayz_epoch.

they are two different folers with similar names in two different locations.

id imbed a picture but for some reason this forum dosnt let you post jpgs?

heres a link to the picture

http://tinypic.com/r/rvaexg/8

but now im wondering why your manually updating vilayer? when the current version of epoch is supported by vilayer?

I have always had good luck exporting table by table rather than the whole db and import one table at a time. You just need to run Ann update on your insurance Id since dayz st uses your game sever number for their s instead of the standard epoch ones.