FPS since Arma update.

waynewr

I know that this is hardly a new topic, but typing in FPS in the search means looking through posts back to 2013.

Is anyone getting the same massive drops in FPS since the last Arma update (tuesday i think), gone from solid 40-50 down to under 10.

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 6:32 PM, waynewr said:

I know that this is hardly a new topic, but typing in FPS in the search means looking through posts back to 2013.

Is anyone getting the same massive drops in FPS since the last Arma update (tuesday i think), gone from solid 40-50 down to under 10.

"and the tumble weeds roll on by"

I run a private server on my LAN and had this same problem when I updated to APEX. I've read of similar complaints on the Steam forums, and read bug tracker reports placed with BI.

No settings client side graphics changes I made had any effect. Server side, I tried running vanilla ARMA 3, vanilla EPOCH, playing in the editor, and nothing seemed to fix my FPS issues. Changing maps from Tanoa back to Altis had a marginal improvement, but for the most part, it was largely unplayable for me even on my own server.

My FPS issues were resolved after switching to the ARMA 3 DEV version on my server and client machines. I've gone through several weeks of further DEV updates, and my play experience seems to mostly be back to normal. I've reverted all my graphics settings back to their pre-APEX condition, and I've been playing exclusively on Tanoa without any major problems. My FPS is back around 25-50 as it was before, and I've added most of the mods I was running back as well.

There does seem to be something they've "fixed" since the first or second DEV update I downloaded after APEX, but this obviously wont help you unless you can upgrade server and clients. Hopefully they roll whatever the changes were into the next public update!