Make all zombies walk?

Degrath

Question

I know there are already multiple thread with multiple answers to this question. I have read through and tried the different ways to tackle this problem for my own private server. It even worked for about 5 minutes until my kids logged in and has not worked since. I have modified the needed files in the Dayz_code.pbo, repacked and distributed it to all the clients, I have made a custom folder in my mission folder and changed the compiles.sqf nothing working

I currently and running Epoch 1.0.5.1 with Epoch Admin Tools and A2Epoch Logistics with no issues.

What I would like to know is there a mod or script change to slow down the zombies?

I see servers in the list advertising slow zeds, but the numerous threads and post all show nearly the same changes and they do not work. maybe there is something I am missing or doing wrong?

6 answers to this question

see i had the same problem with walker zombies,  diferents speed zombies....  never try it but for example,, i think this is cuz whe you leave the safe zone,, this sqf is calling again the zeds from .pbo

see this is my safezone.sqf

Spoiler

_endSafeZone =
    {
        if (isNil 'inNow') then
        {
            if (str fnc_usec_damageHandler == '{}') then
            {
                _msg = 'You left the Safe Zone!';
                hint _msg;
                taskHint [_msg, [1,0,0.1,1], 'taskFailed'];
            };
            inNow = true;
            outNow = nil;

if (LOG_EnterLeave) then
            {
                PVDZE_send = [player,'SafeZoneState',[0]];
                publicVariableServer 'PVDZE_send';
            };
        };
        wild_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\wild_spawnZombies.sqf';
        zombie_generate = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\zombie_generate.sqf';

so,,, when server start you call the custom speed zeds from  MPMissions,,, but safezones are recalling from pbo...

maybe im wrong.... tell you never try it...  if u wanna u can try  find this lines in your safezone.sqf

wild_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\wild_spawnZombies.sqf';
        zombie_generate = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\zombie_generate.sqf';

and replace by the custom zeds.

where is the safezone.sqf located? I have been searching for it. I do not have any safe zone set up yet that I know of unless there are some by default

also to be clear where doing I place the custom modified sqf files?

This is what I have in my compiles.sqf in dayz_code.pbo

wild_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'modified\wild_spawnZombies.sqf';
        zombie_generate = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'modified\zombie_generate.sqf';

and the custom sqf files I have placed into my \mpmissions\dayz_epoch11.chernarus\modified\

is this possibly my issue?

well, first,, i think you need a custom compiles.sqf for make any kind of change.

copy compiles from your pbo and paste intooo \mpmissions\dayz_epoch11.chernarus\custom\

open your init.sqf   find  and change the path:

progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";    //Compile regular functions

so now, yep change the path from zeds into your new custom compiles.sqf

//   zombie_generate =             compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\zombie_generate.sqf";        
 //  wild_spawnZombies =         compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\wild_spawnZombies.sqf";

wild_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'modified\wild_spawnZombies.sqf';
  zombie_generate = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'modified\zombie_generate.sqf';

open this path:

....\@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\init\

inside you have compiles.sqf  (this is the standar compiles.sqf)

copy and paste into:

....\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\custom\

Now open your init.sqf 

find:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";

change by:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";

And now, you can make any kind of change into compiles.sqf  like Walking zeds:

example for your zeds into your new custom  compiles.sqf

DELETE //   zombie_generate =             compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\zombie_generate.sqf";        
 DELETE//  wild_spawnZombies =         compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\wild_spawnZombies.sqf";

add: