Can not connect to most epoch servers

Msdosser

Hello All 

Im having some issues getting on to almost all servers when playing epoch mod, i say almost all because I can actually connect and play  on 2 servers , both never have anyone else on them and are rather boring.

I have tried all the ideas I have found online like delete files and profiles , re install the game and all mods but nothing seems to work , I can connect to the normal arma 3 servers with other mods just having issues with the epoch mod and servers.

Please someone help me as I am at a total loss now 

Thank you

Hello TheStainlessSteelRat 

no im not , just gets to where the yellow loading bar is full then it just hangs and the only way to solve it is to ctr,alt,del , sign out and back in again as the task manager does nothing when trying to end it.

Its strange how it will work on one server all the time and nothing else.

Sorry i could not try last night , had to be up super early so an early night for me but tried to connect to both your servers and got exactly the same thing , just froze on the loading screen and had to restart the pc. 

I then connected to the one that always connects straight away no issues , just bugging the hell out of me now. The server that i can connect to is [GER]variousepoch /high loot if this helps.

I will try and get on here later and hook up to see what we can figure out and i have connected to you TS so hopefully we can resolve this annoying issue.   

On 6/30/2016 at 3:38 PM, Msdosser said:

Hello TheStainlessSteelRat 

no im not , just gets to where the yellow loading bar is full then it just hangs and the only way to solve it is to ctr,alt,del , sign out and back in again as the task manager does nothing when trying to end it.

Its strange how it will work on one server all the time and nothing else.

Having same bug, but I dont think its related directly to epoch, exile similar bug.. epoch gets stuck at loading screen  I think arma released a little compatibility patch for apex wed or Thursday .. before that had no problems

My issue started with Arma 1.60 and our community server has noticed a steady decline and a lot of failed connections since then, normal troubleshooting as expressed above is useless in getting a remedy. It took a new hard ware install for mine to work and the same for one of our community members who came to us to ask for help.

There have been numerous other posts all in a similar vein here over the past weeks, all saying the same thing and I have tried to help, but it is easier to move on to something that is not a hassle than to fix something and I believe many do just that, especially those casually browsing servers and mods.

My own requests for help in these forums went unanswered and as my BI feedback ticket was addressed and it was suggested that the error lay in the Epoch code I opened a bug report on github, no response, no answer don't believe it has even been looked at.

Whilst devs are busy, and I appreciate the time they give up to make this mod; when there are errors stopping people even joining a server, I would have thought that could at least be addressed by someone.

And please do not argue that it is not devs responsibility to get individual players on to individual servers, I am not asking for that I am asking for investigation of error reports that show Epoch code is causing the log jam and making loading into server freeze, thus stopping players enjoying the mod  they created.

4 hours ago, Chainsaw Squirrel said:

Having same bug, but I dont think its related directly to epoch, exile similar bug.. epoch gets stuck at loading screen  I think arma released a little compatibility patch for apex wed or Thursday .. before that had no problems

That is interesting to hear because I could join anything but stable branch Epoch mod servers running 0.3.8, including i am sorry to say Exile (spits to clear his mouth). If Exile are using similar animations to Epoch then maybe that is the issue there too.