Selling locked vehicles

Klaus

Question

Brings up an interesting thought regarding the tow truck in next patch. Will locked vehicles be safe from the much-feared towing truck? :D

Will surely depend on distance between truck and target too, so maybe an enclosed base will be the only safety you can provide for your prized motor.

Hmm.. every epoch server I played on had this option enabled. No need for a specific towing truck or anything, just a larger vehicle than the one you want to tow.

You can make some money pretty fast with some friends, MTVRs and an enemy base ...

The tow scripts allow you to define which vehicles can tow/be towed. I know that people like towing because it's an easy money-maker, and many server owners choose to install towing for this reason...but it's not something I personally like. Seeing trains of vehicles being towed around isn't something I find particularly in-tune with what DayZ/Epoch is about.

i have it installed on my server BUT the only vehicles that can tow and lift have to be purchased and dont spawn. Also they cost 3 or 4 briefcases each.

I've done the same for helicopters. Lift is enabled but only for the Chinook and Merlin - they also cost around 3-4 briefcases.

I've done the same for helicopters. Lift is enabled but only for the Chinook and Merlin - they also cost around 3-4 briefcases.

do u mind posting the config.sql here for me to copy? all the code sections of which vehicles/copters can tow, which objects allow to be towed etc.

I like your idea.

Can you post how you removed those vehicles from spawning?

in dynamic_vehicle.sqf just remove what you dont want to spawn. you also have to remove them from the database if you have started the server before.

here is my dynamic_vehicle.sqf

AllowedVehiclesList = [
["ATV_CZ_EP1",3],
["ATV_US_EP1",3],
["car_hatchback",2],
["car_sedan",2],
["datsun1_civil_1_open",1],
["datsun1_civil_2_covered",1],
["datsun1_civil_3_open",1],
["Fishing_Boat",4],
["GLT_M300_LT",1],
["GLT_M300_ST",1],
["hilux1_civil_1_open",1],
["hilux1_civil_2_covered",1],
["hilux1_civil_3_open_EP1",1],
["Ikarus",1],
["Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1",1],
["Lada1",1],
["Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1",1],
["Lada2",1],
["Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1",1],
["LadaLM",1],
["LandRover_CZ_EP1",1],
["LandRover_TK_CIV_EP1",1],
["M1030_US_DES_EP1",2],
["MMT_Civ",10],
["Old_bike_TK_INS_EP1",5],
["Old_moto_TK_Civ_EP1",2],
["PBX",3],
["policecar",1],
["S1203_ambulance_EP1",1],
["S1203_TK_CIV_EP1",1],
["Skoda",1],
["SkodaBlue",1],
["SkodaGreen",1],
["SkodaRed",1],
["Smallboat_1",2],
["Smallboat_2",2],
["SUV_Blue",1],
["SUV_Camo",1],
["SUV_Charcoal",1],
["SUV_Green",1],
["SUV_Orange",1],
["SUV_Pink",1],
["SUV_Red",1],
["SUV_Silver",1],
["SUV_TK_CIV_EP1",1],
["SUV_White",1],
["SUV_Yellow",1],
["tractor",1],
["TT650_Civ",1],
["TT650_Ins",1],
["TT650_TK_CIV_EP1",1],
["UAZ_CDF",1],
["UAZ_INS",1],
["UAZ_RU",1],
["UAZ_Unarmed_TK_CIV_EP1",1],
["UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1",1],
["UAZ_Unarmed_UN_EP1",1],
["VIL_alfa_civil",1],
["VIL_alfa_civil1",1],
["VIL_alfa_civil2",1],
["VIL_berlingo",1],
["VIL_bmw7_civil",1],
["VIL_bmw7_civil1",1],
["VIL_bmw7_civil2",1],
["VIL_citrone_civil",1],
["VIL_citrone_civil1",1],
["VIL_citrone_civil2",1],
["VIL_citrone_civil3",1],
["VIL_ducato_bus",1],
["VIL_ducato_cargo",1],
["VIL_ducato_cargo2",1],
["VIL_fobia_civil",1],
["VIL_fobia_civil1",1],
["VIL_fobia_civil2",1],
["VIL_fobia_civil3",1],
["VIL_fobia_civil4",1],
["VIL_fobia_civil5",1],
["VIL_hilux1_civi2",1],
["VIL_hilux1_civi3",1],
["VIL_hilux1_civil",1],
["VIL_hilux1_police",1],
["VIL_karoca_civil",1],
["VIL_karoca_civil_red",1],
["VIL_kia_ceed",1],
["VIL_kia_ceed2",1],
["VIL_kia_ceed3",1],
["VIL_kia_ceed4",1],
["VIL_kia_ceeddwa",1],
["VIL_kia_ceeddwa2",1],
["VIL_kia_ceeddwa3",1],
["VIL_kia_ceeddwa4",1],
["VIL_kia_ceeddwa5",1],
["VIL_kia_ceeddwa6",1],
["VIL_lublin_freez",1],
["VIL_mondeo_civil",1],
["VIL_mondeo_civil1",1],
["VIL_mondeo_civil3",1],
["VIL_mondeo_civil4",1],
["VIL_mondeo_civil5",1],
["VIL_octavia_civil",1],
["VIL_octavia_civil2",1],
["VIL_octavia_civil3",1],
["VIL_octavia_civil4",1],
["VIL_panda_civil",1],
["VIL_panda_civil1",1],
["VIL_passat_civil",1],
["VIL_passat_civil1",1],
["VIL_passat_civil2",1],
["VIL_passat_civil3",1],
["VIL_passat_civil4",1],
["VIL_passat_civil5",1],
["VIL_smart_civil",1],
["VIL_smart_civil1",1],
["VIL_smart_civil2",1],
["VIL_smart_civil3",1],
["VIL_smart_civil4",1],
["VIL_smart_civil5",1],
["VIL_sprinter_cargo",1],
["VIL_Star_S2000",1],
["VIL_Star_S2000o",1],
["VIL_transit_civ",1],
["VIL_transit_truck",1],
["VIL_vivaro_amb",1],
["VIL_vivaro_civ",1],
["VIL_volvofl",1],
["VIL_vwt4_banksec",1],
["VIL_vwt4_civ",2],
["VIL_lublinvan_NPLWP",1],
["VIL_octavia_police",1],
["VIL_karoca_pol",1],
["VIL_kia_policeEU",1],
["VIL_alfa_ue",1],
["VIL_lublin_NPLWPSW",1],
["VIL_vwt4_pol",1],
["VIL_transit_pol",1],
["VIL_transit_sw",1],
["VIL_transit_pol_eu",1],
["VIL_ducato_base",1],
["VIL_sprinter_eu",1],
["VIL_vivaro_base",1],
["VIL_vivaro_zw",1],
["VolhaLimo_TK_CIV_EP1",1],
["Volha_1_TK_CIV_EP1",1],
["Volha_2_TK_CIV_EP1",1],
["VWGolf",2],
["JetSkiYanahui_Case_Red",1],
["JetSkiYanahui_Case_Yellow",1],
["JetSkiYanahui_Case_Green",1],
["JetSkiYanahui_Case_blue",1],
["Zodiac",2]
];

Only 4 briefcases for a towing vehicle?  You can get you investment back in no time and not a single vehicle is safe if you are using a helicopter.

the main reason i have done it is to stop people joining the server for the first time and 10 min later finding a chopper and then having a endless supply of gold. at least this way it takes time to be able to afford one and then if you crash it, you need to buy another etc

Only 4 briefcases for a towing vehicle?  You can get you investment back in no time and not a single vehicle is safe if you are using a helicopter.

For most players, it takes a little while to accumulate multiple briefcases. In my case, I'm not enabling car towing ever...but will add lifting for those willing to spend some gold. Honestly though, how many people keep farming gold after they've already bought everything they need? If you're willing to spend 500+ gold on a chopper, chances are you don't need to scour the map for cars to sell anyway. 

I decided to leave the towing as is. If someone wants your car and they cannot tow it, they are simply going to blow it up. Besides you can tow locked cars in RL so why not in DayZ. I am suggesting to ALL of my players to make sure locked cars are well fortified, or hidden.

That's the problem with heli lift, nothing is safe and you can pull any vehicle through built objects as well since they have clipping when attached. 

Even parking in tight spots isn't an issue since you can pick up vehicles while to the side of them. I like the idea behind the towing but if you can pick up locked vehicles and sell them that easily it makes it the concept of locked vehicles pointless. 

I've also removed all military type vehicles, softskin and armoured from the spawn system. I plan to change the standard vendors to have one selling NATO weapons and equipment and the other selling Eastern Block. I've also removed all civilian vehicles from the traders since what tends to happen is people buy heaps of them and clutter the server. 

Although I am looking into adding a new vendor for civvy stuff near the coast. 

I've had people asking me to add towing and lifting on my server, but it's for this exact reason I have not. I don't want people to take locked vehicles. I hadn't heard about the tow truck in the new version yet, so that's something I'll either remove or ensure I only have one of. It would be nice if locked vehicles could be prevented from this new tow truck, though.

Probably the best solution for the new tow truck would be to have it populate through the dynamic spawn in low numbers and not have it in the traders. 

It would minimise the impact on the server while giving something for people to hunt for and protect/attack. 

That's the problem with heli lift, nothing is safe and you can pull any vehicle through built objects as well since they have clipping when attached. 

how to stop people towing lifting your stuff...build illumiation towers all around your hiding spot so choppers cant get close

:D

how to stop people towing lifting your stuff...build illumiation towers all around your hiding spot so choppers cant get close

Heh, yeah that is what I did works wonders but also means you need a dedicated landing area for your own helis. Also works as a NVG interdiction tool, the amount of light one of those towers puts out blinds everything for about 1km all around. I'm not sure in the heli lift script if you can set a lift distance, if you could setting this quite low would prevent lifting in most areas. Having to land to set the heli lift up would be an even better solution. 

Heh, yeah that is what I did works wonders but also means you need a dedicated landing area for your own helis. Also works as a NVG interdiction tool, the amount of light one of those towers puts out blinds everything for about 1km all around. I'm not sure in the heli lift script if you can set a lift distance, if you could setting this quite low would prevent lifting in most areas. Having to land to set the heli lift up would be an even better solution. 

Luminosity level for those towers can be edited. Lift distance can easily be adjusted if you're using the BTC lift script. Probably the same for R3F but I haven't used that so can't say for sure.