He's a challenge for you... Is this even possible?

saintanthony

Question

This may not be possible. However, I was toying with the idea of a 3 server private hive the other day and had a thought.  Would it be possible by script or otherwise (preferably a script), to allow for seamless travel from one server to another upon activation of a scripted object? (ie. a gate or door)

To be more specific: 1. Walk up to predetermined door

2. Select option to travel to another server

3. Server then orders connect command to different server IP with or without a password preprogrammed in. I figure somebody would want to know how to do it either way.

It sounds easy enough, but somehow I doubt it is really that simple.

I don't know enough about Arma 2, DayZ Epoch, or scripting to be able to figure it out myself. I know I've never seen anything of that nature on here to date.  If it is possible, any ideas?

,Saint Anthony

3 answers to this question

I don't think you can force a connect via script, but not 100% on that

Would you be willing to help me research this? If it is possible it would be a definite benefit to anyone running multiple servers.  It might even be usefully to single servers too, as a way to interconnect with other servers and encourage collaboration and player base. (ie. a PvP server working with a PVE server to cater to both player types and styles.)  Most games have a connect command of some kind. I'm familiar with some of your work on these forums. If it can be done, I'm confident you could probably figure out how to do it.  :)

I really think if Arma had the ability to accept "connect" commands from SQF we would have seen this exploited long ago .

I've looked over https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Commands_ArmA2 / http://www.arma2.com/comref/comref.html and nothing caught my eye as to provide the functions needed to complete this. I would love to say I really think this one can be done,  but I think the necessary tools are simply not present to make it happen.. :(

Now I'm certainly not a pro-scripter by any means, so maybe someone with a bit more know how may come along and resurrect the idea via a way that I'm not seeing.