New Helicopter Bell 47/H-13 not included

Revoplay

Question

Good Morning,

we updated our Server yesterday to 1.0.3.1 and the Users ask us, where they can buy the new Helicopter.

In the Changelog we can find the Line

[ADDED] Bell 47/H-13 Helicopter by hcpookie http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22143

but there is no new Class in the dynamic_vehicle.sqf or at the Server Traders.

Is there a Reason why its not included or only a misstake? 

10 answers to this question

you can add them yourself to the dynamic_vehicle.sqf or traders.

but as far as i know the "water version" of it is not swimming ^^

I can confirm that the amphibious versions work on my server

EDIT: Further testing I learned that it only floats while you are in it and the engine is running. If you get out or turn the engine off it will sink and explode

You need to edit mission.sqm and dynamic_vehicles to add them server side.

If you dont already have it, get Notepad++ and the SQF language plugin (Google it).

mission.sqm is in your MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch**\ folder.

Add pook_h13 below the jetski's like this:

"jetskiyanahuiaddon",
"pook_h13"

Dont forget the comma after the jetskiaddon,

(If you dont add them to mission.sqm clients will get a missing content error)

In your server PBO you have to add them to dynamic_vehicle.sqf

De-PBO your dayz_server.pbo

Once you've done that goto dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch**\

Open dynamic_vehicle.sqf and add these below the ["Pickup_PK_TK_GUE_EP1_DZE",3], entry:

["pook_H13_amphib",1],
["pook_H13_gunship",1],
["pook_H13_medevac",1],
["pook_H13_transport",1],
["pook_H13_civ",1],
["pook_H13_civ_black",1],
["pook_H13_civ_slate",1],
["pook_H13_civ_white",1],
["pook_H13_civ_yellow",1],

(Adding it below the Pickup_PK_TK_GUE_EP1_DZE will keep things alphabetical, which is sensible and easier to find if you want to change them in the future)

Save the file and Re-PBO your dayz_server, upload it to your server.

These are the majority of the classnames that you'll find of use, if you want more versions/skins go look for hcpookie's Bell 47 addon on armaholic, class names are in the readme file.

The 1 refers to the amount you want spawning in your server, its a false maximum, as there will never be less than 1 spawn.

NB: 

The amphibious variant does float on water, not tried it without the engine running, but you can walk on the floats :)

The gunship variant will come fully loaded as its not a DZE version.

The transport version is armed and can carry up to 6 players. (1 Pilot, 1 Copilot, 1 Gunner, 3 Passengers).

Most of this I found by doing a little research on the pook addon on armaholic  and spawning them ingame.

Enjoy. :)

You need to edit mission.sqm and dynamic_vehicles to add them server side.

If you dont already have it, get Notepad++ and the SQF language plugin (Google it).

mission.sqm is in your MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch**\ folder.

Add pook_h13 below the jetski's like this:

"jetskiyanahuiaddon",

"pook_h13"

Dont forget the comma after the jetskiaddon,

(If you dont add them to mission.sqm clients will get a missing content error)

In your server PBO you have to add them to dynamic_vehicle.sqf

De-PBO your dayz_server.pbo

Once you've done that goto dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch**\

Open dynamic_vehicle.sqf and add these below the ["Pickup_PK_TK_GUE_EP1_DZE",3], entry:

["pook_H13_amphib",1],

["pook_H13_gunship",1],

["pook_H13_medevac",1],

["pook_H13_transport",1],

["pook_H13_civ",1],

["pook_H13_civ_black",1],

["pook_H13_civ_slate",1],

["pook_H13_civ_white",1],

["pook_H13_civ_yellow",1],

(Adding it below the Pickup_PK_TK_GUE_EP1_DZE will keep things alphabetical, which is sensible and easier to find if you want to change them in the future)

Save the file and Re-PBO your dayz_server, upload it to your server.

These are the majority of the classnames that you'll find of use, if you want more versions/skins go look for hcpookie's Bell 47 addon on armaholic, class names are in the readme file.

The 1 refers to the amount you want spawning in your server, its a false maximum, as there will never be less than 1 spawn.

NB: 

The amphibious variant does float on water, not tried it without the engine running, but you can walk on the floats :)

The gunship variant will come fully loaded as its not a DZE version.

The transport version is armed and can carry up to 6 players. (1 Pilot, 1 Copilot, 1 Gunner, 3 Passengers).

Most of this I found by doing a little research on the pook addon on armaholic  and spawning them ingame.

Enjoy. :)

I did exactly as you described
more unsuccessful

No, you don't need to download the addon.  Simply follow the instructions posted by Uro1 and make sure also that you havn't already hit the maximum number of vehicles on your map.  Otherwise they will not begin to spawn until some vehicles have been sold.

If max vehicles on your map is 300, you will have to sell / destroy vehicles on your map to get below that number.

Sadly, I'm sure it was just a mistake, but why include an addon in the server package if its not enabled by default.  This adds so much confusion to the community and bloats server files for those who opt not to use it.

Just a matter of opinion though, i personally am grateful for this community and its mod.

I was confused because I saw this vehicle being used by a player today. He flew around and killed loads of people. I know I don't have it at any trader and I've never seen it spawn, even when the vehicle limit wasn't full. I was so sure that it was a hacker that I banned him. The vehicles are not added in the dynamic spawn either.

Am I in the wrong now or was it actually intended to spawn in the game? I'm confused.