DayZ Chernarus Mission System and Epoch 1.0.3

BetterDeadThanZed

Question

I use the DayZ Chernarus Mission System (http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dayzchernarus-mission-system.12169/). With Epoch 1.0.3, there were some changes to the server_cleanup.fsm file. The mission system says to change this line:

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

to this:

if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

This is the line in Epoch 1.0.3:

" if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

Can anyone help me out here and show me how I am supposed to change the line for Epoch 1.0.3?

11 answers to this question

just add the mission code back in, doesn't matter where:

you need to add this condition

(vehicle _x getVariable ["Mission",0] != 1)

e.g.

" if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

should work. :)

Ok can someone help me with this its confusing me so at step 3 in this http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dayzchernarus-mission-system.12169/ it says to find this (fn_bases = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fn_bases.sqf";) part of code but in the server functions.sqf its not there and it says to insert the next part of code after that. does it matter where i put that next code or no? Mind you this is the newest epoch patch 1.0.3 and the codes are different for some reason. if there is anything else i should know about trying to install this, it would be greatly appreciated 

Ok can someone help me with this its confusing me so at step 3 in this http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dayzchernarus-mission-system.12169/ it says to find this (fn_bases = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fn_bases.sqf";) part of code but in the server functions.sqf its not there and it says to insert the next part of code after that. does it matter where i put that next code or no? Mind you this is the newest epoch patch 1.0.3 and the codes are different for some reason. if there is anything else i should know about trying to install this, it would be greatly appreciated 

That line was never there for Epoch. Just drop the required line under:

server_spawnEvents = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnEvent.sqf";

ok well that sovled that but when ever i go into my server it gets stuck at "waiting for server to start authentication"

is this the same code?

#ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG
    diag_log(format["Non-string Object: ID %1 UID %2", _objectID, _uid]);
#endif
    //force fail
    _objectID = "0";
    _uid = "0";
}; 
if ((typeName _objectID != "string") || (typeName _uid != "string")) then
{ 
    //force fail
    _objectID = "0";
    _uid = "0";
}; 

like do they work the same way or do i paste that code somewhere else?

ok well that sovled that but when ever i go into my server it gets stuck at "waiting for server to start authentication"

is this the same code?

#ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG
#endif
    //force fail
    _objectID = "0";
    _uid = "0";
}; 
if ((typeName _objectID != "string") || (typeName _uid != "string")) then
{ 
    //force fail
    _objectID = "0";
    _uid = "0";
}; 

like do they work the same way or do i paste that code somewhere else?

Check here:

http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-mission-system.11260/page-14#post-79270

The server_cleanup.fsm part is not accurate anymore though, since that's changed a bit in 1.0.3

when I add this script all vehicles get reset at restart, I think its this script doing it..

no its not the script, it is an error in your script thats why nothing gets saved (its not reset it is never saved and you only notive it with a restart)

i had this once and some other server i was playing on too, very hard to find this error :/

no its not the script, it is an error in your script thats why nothing gets saved (its not reset it is never saved and you only notive it with a restart)

i had this once and some other server i was playing on too, very hard to find this error :/

I redid the scripts and it works now

I did have sarge instead of mission  put it back to mission and all is good