When the Arma 3 Epoch mod is released..

ToejaM

We will still support DayZ Epoch Arma 2 mod but my involvement will be limited. A 1.0.3.1 hotfix will be released in the next few weeks and we will still accept pull requests on the github for fixes. For 1.0.4 we are looking to add some features from the community, optimize, and to finalize the dll and database schema.

Good to hear! Hopefully any support will either be largely un-needed or will continue on the great work happening here already.

Do you plan to release the A3 Epoch files publically or will you be hosting your own servers to preserve the way you intend for A3:E to be played?

Do you plan to release the A3 Epoch files publically or will you be hosting your own servers to preserve the way you intend for A3:E to be played?

I am also wondering about this as i would love to start hosting an A3 server with epoch!! : ) My players would also like it : )

you will not use as a basis for Dayz ?

Nope, and I'd actually prefer you edit your image lol.  We don't intend to use anything from DayZ.  Nothing; no assets, code etc.

@Axe Cop in regards to starting fresh,  it's actually quite liberating; and of course it's going to be involved...but not nearly enough to discourage it from happening.

These two comments are at odds with each other.

Actually they are not. Arma 3 only has one type of plane and only a limited amount of weapons. There are no m4's in Arma3. There is an M4, M16 etc pack on Armoholic.

When I say mod, I do not mean addon, I mean full conversion as Epoch will be. There's nothing wrong with addons.

Actually they are not. Arma 3 only has one type of plane and only a limited amount of weapons. There are no m4's in Arma3. There is an M4, M16 etc pack on Armoholic.

When I say mod, I do not mean addon, I mean full conversion as Epoch will be. There's nothing wrong with addons.

Actually they are. While I do use the Armored SUV I would be the first to tell you that it probably shouldn't be in Epoch. Depending on what direction they determine to go with it now that it is uncoupled from DayZ a full blown Aircraft Carrier and fighter jets probably shouldn't be in a "survival" game. I assume Epoch will continue to be a survival style game but if it is going to go toward military sim then I would be wrong. 

Ever hear the phrase, "Less is more."? It can be applied here. ARMA III can have all the extra military sim things, let Epoch continue to be survival based. 

I dont know what world you live in, but if the Zombie apocalypse happened for real, all the military hardware that exists today would not vanish.

Epoch has all that it has because they recognize that those things do exist. Also, Epoch is beyond survival of the initial outbreak. Epoch takes place when the survivors are rebuilding society. if you want less vehicles and weapons, go play vanilla dayz.

I always wondering why in Epoch we can't use a empty bottle of Jack, a canvas and a full jerrican to craft a sweet and nice Molotov Cocktail...

And what about static weaponery? would be nice to fix a M240 to a sand bag nest...

Anyway, I really wish Epoch mod on Arma3, that would be a great support!

Thanks for all the development team as you are doing a great job!!!

I dont know what world you live in, but if the Zombie apocalypse happened for real, all the military hardware that exists today would not vanish.

Epoch has all that it has because they recognize that those things do exist. Also, Epoch is beyond survival of the initial outbreak. Epoch takes place when the survivors are rebuilding society. if you want less vehicles and weapons, go play vanilla dayz.

I don't know what world you live in but fighter planes take specialized mechanics giving them tender loving care and hours and hours of maintenance for every hour of actual flight they have. So yeah the military hardware like Jets would "vanish" in that it would quickly be non-functioning because most of the people that do the work on them would be Zeds and the few that weren't wouldn't be hanging around to make sure all the checks were done. 

Epoch doesn't have jets because they recognize that jets are impractical and unrealistic. For one thing the map isn't large enough to support a jet, you barely get that thing moving and you have to zip back around. They have combat choppers which should also likely be grounded but they give us something. The planes the do have in general are ones that are known to be hardy and flyable even in harsh conditions like the Cesna.

If you want more vehicles and weapons, go play Wasteland or ARMA itself.