dayz standalone meets epoch

nightmare

I don't think it's really wise to make an arma 3 Epoch mod and DayzSA EPoch mod at the same time. UNLESS there is a seperate team working on it of course.

Nice, I wish they'd release Chernarus + as DLC, I really want some of the objects for my terrain.

I heard of it some while ago but don't get your hopes up :P seems abit of kill on their Dayz project if they do.

@Epoch_Devs

will we see in the future the Epoch Mod on DayZ SA?

I guess this is only client side building ( or just even placing objects)  and vehicles?

Whats the current progress on their development and releasing the 'Single Player' /  'Server files' ?

I don't think it's really wise to make an arma 3 Epoch mod and DayzSA EPoch mod at the same time. UNLESS there is a seperate team working on it of course.

i think DayZ-Engine will have more pontential than Arma3-Engine in the future.  (all necessary functions are already buildin, loot spawn, database / json support, etc..)

I guess this is only client side building ( or just even placing objects)  and vehicles?

its serverside, 0.44 client/server.exe  with the current 0.58 experimental .pbos  (needed alot fixing to get it working)

Whats the current progress on their development and releasing the 'Single Player' /  'Server files' ?

release of the server files and singleplayer (only 64bit) when it comes in beta stage, maybe to end of this year. 

Only if licence allows porting assets to Arma 3 (which would kill standalone), otherwise I don't see any of this happening. Can't think of any reason to use older engine from scripting point of view, once you've dived in A3 scripts there's no going back to stone age.

Only if licence allows porting assets to Arma 3, otherwise I don't see any of this happening. Can't think of any reason to use older engine from scripting point of view, once you've dived in A3 scripts there's no going back to stone age.

dayz becomes a new engine (enfusion) and includes a new script language like the syntax of C/++ .  (documentation in gamefiles @ -> \dta\scripts\doc\EnfusionScript.chm)

i think dayz sa is the initial of a new engine. a possible new arma 4 in the future will have the same engine.

because creating a new engine from the scratch for only one game makes no sense.

BrianHicks - DayZ-Producer:

When we started with DayZ, we took the source version of the RV engine. Over the past months, we have cleaned up extensive new features and create more for the engine. At the same time, large parts have been completely removed or rewritten. The changes of which Dean said mean big jumps and we are now beginning to reach the point to where the DayZ engine is no longer than RV recognizable. For these reasons, and the massive work still comes, it is now known as the Enfusion.

dayz becomes a new engine (enfusion) and with new script language the syntax is like C/++ .  (documentation in gamefiles @ -> \dta\scripts\doc\EnfusionScript.chm)

Yeh, the enscript, promises to be faster than SQF. But IMO this can only be true with binary scripts. A2 had an extensive SQF function library which was capable of doing its job, but you can only go so far with runtime scripts, A3 came with many more... however lately I see devs converting some of them to binary versions, which is nice (i.e my new favorites - param/params). I don't know much about this enscript language and whether or not it will be compiled, so for now I would take those bold statements about speed with a grain of salt.

SQF has it's advantages - notably the ability to edit and recompile files in a live SP/MP game (most people doesn't even know you can do that).

Yeh, the enscript, promises to be faster than SQF. But IMO this can only be true with binary scripts. A2 had an extensive SQF function library which was capable of doing its job, but you can only go so far with runtime scripts, A3 came with many more... however lately I see devs converting some of them to binary versions, which is nice (i.e my new favorites - param/params). I don't know much about this enscript language and whether or not it will be compiled, so for now I would take those bold statements about speed with a grain of salt.

SQF has it's advantages - notably the ability to edit and recompile files in a live SP/MP game (most people doesn't even know you can do that).

You been Keep the most valuable secret in the world. Please Say more.