VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

TheVampire

HI7kcuD.png

- What is VEMF? -

VEMF is the Spiritual Successor to DZMS.

VEMF Stands for Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework.

VEMF is going to be a mission system designed specifically for Arma 3: Epoch.

- How is VEMF different from DZMS? -

VEMF is being designed to be a Mission Framework.

VEMF will be more modular than DZMS allowing anyone to easily create an "Addon" for it.

VEMF will not be a "fetch the box" mission system, it will be much much broader;

A-B, Multiple Ending, Vehicle Convoys, Vehicle Capture, Manhunts, Investigation/Exploration, and more!

VEMF will run entirely on the server side, in a server-side PBO.

- When Will it be Done? -

VEMF is still a work in progress.

The current version is WIP.

- Example Videos -

DrScandalous Outsmarting the AI

- Github -

https://github.com/SMVampire/VEMF

Edited by TheVampire

Progress update (since I posted this thread originally last friday). The majority of the bulk code is done. All the location finding code is done for now. The next bulk code hurdle is the code that actually spawns the AI, keeps track of them, cleans them up, and caches them. VEMF will cache units that are not near players and respawn them in when players get near to save on server resources which should further minimize lag and allow for more AI on the field.

After this stretch, there will only be small bugs to work out like keeping temporary vehicles from despawning, or being saved by the server if we don't want them to, and making sure the AI behave as they are supposed to. As announced on Github, the first release of VEMF will include Dynamic Town Invasion missions only, and will be expanded on from there (as that will require 80% of the core code to be done).

@ Richie: Hey, don´t missunderstand me, just didnt know, if the guthub version is a runable one.. vampire, take the time you need! I´m so wet :-p

No problems, but it does say version is WIP on this thread, and on the github. ;) Have to be patient.

I'm supporting your work now with a monthly fee :)

Greetings from germany

Thanks for the support! :D

very cool, but how does it run, i mean is there anything i should do before it works other then copy is to the server. How is this pbo activated etc..

It's not done yet, but you would take the @VEMF folder once it's done and put it on your server. Then you would modify your server's launch parameters to include it. Then you can either run it as-is with the default Config, or modify it in the PBO, or copy it to the Mission.PBO root and modify it.

very cool, but how does it run, i mean is there anything i should do before it works other then copy is to the server. How is this pbo activated etc..

TheVampire will include instructions when it's ready, at a guess it would be added to the addons folder and automatically loaded or possibly via an init.sqf :unsure:

It's not done yet, but you would take the @VEMF folder once it's done and put it on your server. Then you would modify your server's launch parameters to include it. Then you can either run it as-is with the default Config, or modify it in the PBO, or copy it to the Mission.PBO root and modify it.

When u r done you will tell us right how to call it? help us noobs out!

Doesn't that mean the players would need to download it and add it to their command line too?

• Richie unlocked this topic