Loading sqf without .pbo

Namindu

Question

8 answers to this question

To run an SQF that is in your root ARMA 2 OA directory you need to have a backslash in front of the file name. There is already a keybind in infiSTAR to do this. It is ALT+F11. I personally use this...

if ((_key == 0x3B) && (_alt)) then {[] execVM '\buddyrole.sqf';};

Rather than this...

if ((_key == 0x57) && (_alt)) then {call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'admin_start.sqf';};

Because ALT+F1 is easier to hit, and using execVM is better because it allows you to use loops and sleep/uisleep in the code.

OHHHH ok thanks i will try this out and let you guys know

remember... you can only use this for files called serverside... as your clients wont have this file

just put the file in your root folder and call it for example with

this way the file can be located in the root folder of arma3 OR the root folder of your pbo

if you want to put it in subdirectories for better organization or something just change the path in your call

remember to NOT put a leading \ on the path...

have fun trying it out...

Ok this method worked. Now is it possible for the game to load once. And then allow edits to be made and saved to that file? For example. Let say, admin tool. Server up and running. Now i gave "uid:123123" Level 1 admin. How is it possible for me too add the uid to a array and re-save it? While the server is on. Then next restart it reloads the new uid array?

Ok this method worked. Now is it possible for the game to load once. And then allow edits to be made and saved to that file? For example. Let say, admin tool. Server up and running. Now i gave "uid:123123" Level 1 admin. How is it possible for me too add the uid to a array and re-save it? While the server is on. Then next restart it reloads the new uid array?

There's no way to do that without creating a .DLL to perform the task or by uploading new files containing the new array to your server before restart time.