[Suggestion] Grow hemp or pick hemp leaves. & Being able to mine gold, silver, etc.

Instill

Similar to altis life where you pick hemp I think that would be really cool. It would give certain spots on the map where you can pick hemp for money & sell it. 

Maybe have a certain object that you need like scissors to cut the hemp leaves and when you double click them you can craft hemp blocks. Similar to lumber crafting.

I also think you can currently mine gold and stuff with a sledgehammer but I have not confirmed that,

Yeah, I'm hoping they will have something similar* to Altis Life as far as mining and gathering.  I knew there was something to epicenters but didn't know that's what you used the sledgehammer for.  I liked the idea of pulling scrap metal off of cars, removing glass from windows, stone or brick from ruins, something along those lines, but I don't know how practical that would be.  It would be nice to be able to pick food from trees, bushes, plants, roots, etc.  It would also be nice to drink from wells and spigots.

Crowbars, machetes, and knives oh my.  And water bottles.

* Similar, not same.

You guys are forgetting something ... 

This is NOT DayZ

This is NOT ArmA 3

This is NOT Altis Life

This is EPOCH !

So what you're saying is this is Epoch.  Wait! ... I lost my train of thought.  I mean, considering most(maybe not all) of us realize we're in the Arma 3 Epoch forum and a good handful of us have been subscribing to everything-about-it since.. what, last year?  What's your point exactly?

Yes, we don't want Epoch to be a rip off of another mod, and we want the new Epoch to be different than DayZ Epoch.  Most of us here have realized this since A3Epoch was just a rumor.  But, that doesn't mean we can't take an idea from somewhere else and expand and morph it into something else, something better.

I'm not responding to this quoted post specifically, but there seems to be a lot of nihilism and closed-minded remarks on the topic of adding content.  I think it's a very regressive way of thinking to completely dismiss an idea just because someone else used a similar one before.  Ideas often change for the better when actual thought is put into them.  And how's that saying go, something to the effect of: you're fooling yourself if you think your idea is original?

PS: Don't get me wrong, Soren, I get what you mean.  I've been here a while now, I've seen my fair share of "HEY WER THE ZOMBIES AT" posts. =P

I think the mod is on the right track, loving the iterations so far. Suggestions are always good though because it provokes thought and who knows, something you may suggest may make it in..

I'm sure the devs have quite a few ideas of their own that they plan on putting into the game.  On top of that, some of the things we keep droning on about they're thinking "yeahyeah we know."  There's a lot of work yet to do.  But, like you said, it doesn't hurt for us little people to throw ideas around, something might actually come out of it.  As long as we don't get hung up on an idea and just expect the devs to agree.

PS: I swear I don't intend to rant, it's just that I'm at work and find this a bit therapeutic. =P