Players don't know to add Overwatch

gooses89

Question

So, with the change to steam, instead of gamespy, all of the names on DayzCommander and Dayz Launcher have been shortened.

This means it's almost impossible to have "-mod=@DayzOverwatch" in the title anymore. I see so many people joining our server and immediately disconnecting and I'm thinking this is because a lot of people don't know to add the overwatch parameter. 

I don't know a good solution for this other than getting longer name support, the only other thing I was thinking is that when you join and you get kicked for "Missing addons blah blah" if that could say "You need to add this to your launch parameters" but I'd hazard a guess and say that message comes locally and isn't sent out by the server. 

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

8 answers to this question

So, with the change to steam, instead of gamespy, all of the names on DayzCommander and Dayz Launcher have been shortened.

This means it's almost impossible to have "-mod=@DayzOverwatch" in the title anymore. I see so many people joining our server and immediately disconnecting and I'm thinking this is because a lot of people don't know to add the overwatch parameter. 

I don't know a good solution for this other than getting longer name support, the only other thing I was thinking is that when you join and you get kicked for "Missing addons blah blah" if that could say "You need to add this to your launch parameters" but I'd hazard a guess and say that message comes locally and isn't sent out by the server. 

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

I also feel I have this problem, I see so many players connecting and disconnecting within 6 seconds. Really sad as it is affecting establishing a player base

Try using DayzLauncher its like a newer version of Commander. It automatically sets your launch paramaters if you have the required mods downloaded for the server you are trying to join. Otherwise it asks if you would like to download them.

I'm not talking about myself, I'm talking about random people trying to join my server.

One Option would be to go into your config.cfg and then Put Verify Signature to 0.

Then Go on MOTD and Put any message you need to put in the lobby for player to add the right parameters.

People Without Overwatch, Epoch or even Dayz can join but will not be able to load in. But will be able to sit in the lobby to read some MOTD messages