NWAF Military base

Firefly

Something I am currently getting killed at in my own server. 

Idea behind the base was an early outbreak fortified area based at the airfield complete with refugee area, medical area, barracks, HQ & Comms, Heli landing zone and a vehicle service area.

Please make sure, if you plan to use it, to read the bullet notes below:

• Setup for static weapon emplacements, three on addon. These will kill and kick any who use them without appropriate modification of server files. If you do not want these please delete or comment out objects, 2576, 3837, 2193 and 3847. 
  • At the end of the mission file is a number of spawn in loot boxes. These have a sample cargo used in a previous edit. Cargo can be changed by adding the appropriate class name. Please note if you use them as is, firing the Stinger will result in a kick. You will also need to add the ammo boxes to allowed objects or the server will delete them as part of clean up. 
  • There are a large number of loot spawns in this area, high end military and medical so the boxes are not really needed. They are there to increase the bounty on my server as we tend to lose 4-10 briefcases worth of equipment at this location. 

Originally I had planned only two entrances, however, Sarges AI failed to navigate the wall and would stack up against it. So other entrances were added. It should work without AI on populated server just for the loot spawns, plenty of cover, dark areas but good sight lines and ambush potential. For night time it is lit up by ground lights placed at most area entrances and road junctions. These give out enough light for people without NVG to navigate but not enough to blind people with NVG.

To install place the mission file in the required folder, NWAF.SQF, and add this at the end of your Ini file:

[] ExecVM "*_*\NWAF.sqf";

Where *_* is the folder name where you have placed the file. PBO the mission file back up and upload to your server. 

Mission file can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/syvaenz7fgsn1gz/NWAF.rar

55a20e41-1770-4623-abf0-63e449ee87da_zps

A small addition to Cherno proper. Consisting of a sealed compound with a one road entrance that splits left and right to two compounds. The left hand compound is designed as a vehicle repair type area with heli pad while the left is a military barracks with parade area in front of a commemorative statue. 

Due to having armour on our server the whole compound is tank trapped preventing quick access to most vehicles. The entrance road is also tank trapped but there is enough space to manoeuvre anything up to a Ural in size through the gap. The vehicle will have to slow down and there is the chance of getting caught up on the tank traps creating a good kill zone.

Near the top of the you have the road branches left and right, vehicles will have to enter into the compounds to turn or do a 3 or more point turn to face the entrance slowing them down and creating the second possible kill zone.

At the end of the road inside you have a KORD 12.7mm heavy machine gun facing the entrance, you will have to remove this if you don't want to include these weapons but even without it you gain a position to cover the main entrance while team mates loot. There is also the possibility of two M240 nests on top of the concrete bunkers but these are commented out by default. The nest facing Cherno offers a great position for covering the compound and most of Cherno. 

The whole compound is overlooked by the work in progress building next door, construction crane and hill behind. For the confident sniper the high industrial buildings in central cherno, including the hospital will also provide good vantage points.  

Inside are two possible loot locations, one still active, providing basic gear comment out or delete these as necessary. This was a AI friendly area. Recommend one group placed in the central road on ambush. AI set to ambush place anti-tank mines that are triggered by weight. Most vehicles are safe but Urals and armoured vehicles will set them off. One mine is powerful enough to directly destroy most modules on an Abrams. 

EDIT*

There is an error with the ladders on the concrete bunkers, while they work and won't kill you once you mounted them you climb up them on the side, not sure why. Perhaps I need to play with the ladder type or its a Arma 2 quirk. 

Point two: The green military watch towers "Land_Vez" these you can access, you can also loot while still on the ladder but note if you are planning to go into them run forward immediately after getting off the ladder or you will fall off and break something. This is a problem with the model as far as I can tell and not something I can do anything about. 

Can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kowb5k8ctyd56cr/Chernobarracks.rar

arma2oa2013-09-2621-45-55-101_zps1eda4b9

arma2oa2013-09-2621-45-55-100_zps668fedf

Nothing terribly exciting, a few more industrial type buildings in one gated site, a small scrap yard with a few smaller industrial workshops. Leading towards Cherno is a work in progress building with crane, office building for site workers and a petrol station with shop like you find world over. 

Most spawn loot, will probably add a few more things at a later date, for example shop goods in has no road access at petrol station. Installation is the same as found in original post just change file names. 

arma2oa2013-09-2621-45-55-102_zps734b6d9

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqs7x16uukc5d42/PrigIndy.rar

Hi Axeman, 

that's the one yes, the crashed huey in the centre and a M2 Static emplacement at the West and South are also kickers for unmodified files. I'll check the barracks now, most likely my cack handed copy and pasting that caused an issue. Thanks for the compliments. The M240 bunker seldom gets used in practice. so could possible be replaced with a normal nest such as "Land_fortified_nest_small".

*Edit that should be the barracks issue fixed, I'd deleted them by mistake while placing the 3rd one, re-added but didn't remove the old ones from the live file I used in the rar. 

Hi all, 

thanks for the compliments and sorry for the absence. 

Regarding roads all work was done inside the 3D editor. These are my second creations so I was still working everything out. I think the problem with roads, heli pads etc is that they work more like decals than 3D vehicles for placement. Normally this means you can only change position and orientation in the 2D editor which can be a pain since nothing ever seems to line up in its correct position. 

Anyway, I figured out you can move and position roads in the 3D editor simply by placing the road or helipad item you want and then move another vehicle like a bench or my personal fav sandbag wall corner onto or near the road you wish to move. Select both items from either the left object list or in the main screen by using control and then you can move the road and adjust its angle by moving or manipulating the sandbag. The road section will  move together with the sandbag allowing  you to change orientation (angle) and position. 

This significantly speeds up creating roads and means you don't need to mess about with another program. It may seem fiddly to start but the road sections go well together and it will eventually take you minutes to craft a new road section. 

Another question I received was with items moving after being saved. One problem is clipping, I am not an expert but I think every item has an invisible hit box around it and when something moves into this box even if they are not touching, the game will correct its position. 

The way I worked around this, with walls and roads especially, is to place the items you want, align them and save the edit. You will find they have moved so move them back into position in the same order you originally placed them and save again and it should keep them in the correct place.

For items like walls, buildings etc you can place all the objects and simply re-align them and save. It may take a couple of attempts to keep. For roads I would recommend placing one or two sections at a time and adjusting them as the method above. If you place more road sections you run the risk of connecting road sections differently and they will move again next save. 

I always just select the item in the 2D editor then change to the 3D editor when I want to move objects I am having trouble selecting from the 3D editor.

Regarding items moving around in the editor, if I recall correctly, it is because the 3D editor was made as an afterthought and is very buggy, especially when it comes to location reporting. Surprised? yeah... Have you ever gone to move something in the 3D editor and it moves at like 1/3 the rate? This is actually what is happening to the object in question. You move it so far, the 3D editor thinks you moved it at some fraction there of, so when you save the location is wrong. To help decrease this I use the 2D editor more. Hard to do for walls, but saves you some headache if you use copy/paste. You can even make curved walls, once you get use to it.

• 4 weeks later...

I installed this map add some time ago and everything worked fine. I replaced the static weapons with the small mg nest. All the supply crates spawned in including the Stingers, which were removed. Not really sure when this started, but some of the players informed me the crates were no longer spawning at the site. I never had to add anything to "allowed objects" when we first put the addition on the map and the crates spawned. Has something changed in the patches that would cause the crates to no longer spawn?? If needed, where would you add the ammo boxes to "allowed objects"?

Thanks for the work you put in on the map addition.

-CJ-

• 2 weeks later...

Hi CJ, one of the things that can happen when items are not added to an allowed object list or given a variable such as Sarge used is that they will spawn in and work usually for the first player in the area but will be removed with the next cleanup cycle. 

Basically I made up a custom variables file, find this line in your init.sqf:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)

After add:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\variables.sqf"; // Initilize the Custom Variables

Where the "dayz_code" is whatever folder in your mission directory/pbo you use for addons.

The variables file has to be updated every patch from the standard Epoch files and can be found here:

\Steam\steamapps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ_Epoch\addons\Dayz_code.pbo

Unpack the PBO and look in init for the variables.sqf copy out of the directory into your addons directory in your mission files. Inside the variables.sqf look for the following:

dayz_allowedObjects

At around line 457, add your ammo box class names to the end making sure to double check your:

" , ] ;

list format is usually something like:

,"USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1","USVehicleBox_EP1","USOrdnanceBox_EP1"];

For making static weapons work you need to add them to the list above and either give them a sarge variable in the mission file, or add them to the server cleanup.fsm in the Killed a hacker array. 

• 1 month later...

Hello...I am having the same problem.  NWAF custom base shows the loot/crates for only the original player then they will disappear.  No more boxes. 

A comment was made above about putting a Sarge variable (sorry for being a noob..not sure what that means...don't use Sarge), or chage the "hacker" array.....okay...what change....what needs to be added and where?

Not even sure if the above is a fix.  Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have a solution? 

ALSO - seems to be a general problem with any loot...static or AI missions.  HELP!!!

Using 1.0.3 update.

bump+1

So far tested but no luck the cleanup deletes the boxes after a hour i'm beeing on this since last night ...argh^^

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4762-ammoboxes-like-tkvehiclebox-ep1-in-ai-base-missions-disappearing/

i also added the boxes on the variables.sqf

not tested yet

http://opendayz.net/threads/ammo-crates-fix.11380/page-5

http://opendayz.net/threads/medical-and-food-boxes-disappearing.11464/

Okay...I may have fixed the issue.  Here is what I did...seems to work -

1.) Added the file called variables.sqf to my mission pbo in a folder I call Scripts (you get the variables.sqf from dayz_code in the init folder.  Copy and paste this to your mission pbo)

2.) Edited the variables.sqf by adding the three types of Ammo boxes/crates to in two places....find // update objects (around line 477) and add your crates to these two

dayz_updateObjects

dayz_allowedObjects

Here is what mine looks like:

// update objects
dayz_updateObjects = ["Plane","Car", "Helicopter", "Motorcycle", "Ship", "TentStorage", "VaultStorage","LockboxStorage","OutHouse_DZ","Wooden_shed_DZ","WoodShack_DZ","StorageShed_DZ","GunRack_DZ","USVehicleBox_EP1","USSpecialWeaponsBox"];
dayz_disallowedVault = ["TentStorage", "BuiltItems","ModularItems","DZE_Base_Object"];
dayz_reveal = ["AllVehicles","WeaponHolder","Land_A_tent","BuiltItems","ModularItems","DZE_Base_Object"];
dayz_allowedObjects = ["TentStorage","TentStorageDomed","TentStorageDomed2", "VaultStorageLocked", "Hedgehog_DZ", "Sandbag1_DZ","BagFenceRound_DZ","TrapBear","Fort_RazorWire","WoodGate_DZ","Land_HBarrier1_DZ","Land_HBarrier3_DZ","Land_HBarrier5_DZ","Fence_corrugated_DZ","M240Nest_DZ","CanvasHut_DZ","ParkBench_DZ","MetalGate_DZ","OutHouse_DZ","Wooden_shed_DZ","WoodShack_DZ","StorageShed_DZ","Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ","Generator_DZ","StickFence_DZ","LightPole_DZ","FuelPump_DZ","DesertCamoNet_DZ","ForestCamoNet_DZ","DesertLargeCamoNet_DZ","ForestLargeCamoNet_DZ","SandNest_DZ","DeerStand_DZ","MetalPanel_DZ","WorkBench_DZ","WoodFloor_DZ","WoodLargeWall_DZ","WoodLargeWallDoor_DZ","WoodLargeWallWin_DZ","WoodSmallWall_DZ","WoodSmallWallWin_DZ","WoodSmallWallDoor_DZ","LockboxStorageLocked","WoodFloorHalf_DZ","WoodFloorQuarter_DZ","WoodStairs_DZ","WoodStairsSans_DZ","WoodSmallWallThird_DZ","WoodLadder_DZ","Land_DZE_GarageWoodDoor","Land_DZE_LargeWoodDoor","Land_DZE_WoodDoor","Land_DZE_GarageWoodDoorLocked","Land_DZE_LargeWoodDoorLocked","Land_DZE_WoodDoorLocked","CinderWallHalf_DZ","CinderWall_DZ","CinderWallDoorway_DZ","CinderWallDoor_DZ","CinderWallDoorLocked_DZ","CinderWallSmallDoorway_DZ","CinderWallDoorSmall_DZ","CinderWallDoorSmallLocked_DZ","MetalFloor_DZ","WoodRamp_DZ","GunRack_DZ","FireBarrel_DZ","USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1","USSpecialWeaponsBox","USVehicleBox_EP1","USOrdnanceBox_EP1"];

THEN I edited my server_functions (in you server pbo....init folder) changing the _x getVariable from false to true ["permaLoot", true];

Look around line 808 for this section:

server_spawnCleanLoot = {
    private ["_created","_delQty","_nearby","_age","_keep","_qty","_missionObjs","_dateNow"];
    _missionObjs =  allMissionObjects "ReammoBox";
    _delQty = 0;
    _dateNow = (DateToNumber date);
    {
        _keep = _x getVariable ["permaLoot",true];

Package up both mission pbo and server pbo and load it up.

Let me know if this works for you.

• 1 month later...

Nice!

All i did was change the \dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf in the dayz_server.pbo (around line 808 to 821, about the permaloot) (default is false):

_keep = _x getVariable ["permaLoot",true]; 

Also comment out objects, 2576, 3837, and 3847. People was getting instakilled on those guns as predicted. The object 2193 is the crashed heli so I left it.

Works perfectly, thx Firefly!