Epoch Devs (possibly) Making a deal with Origins Devs

NZmarine

I have been thinking of recently and looking back through some old origins files and have stumbled across some Ideas. Why don't the epoch devs make a deal with the origins devs so that they can be aloud to use some of these files.I've the origins mod has a lot more survivor-y looking items, Like vehicles which have been put together and fixed up with old parts like tin sheets and old car parts and they just look fantastic, Also the garages and buildings that you can build are amazing and just some of the objects like gates and walls that you can build are made out of old materials and tires and things. It makes the game that much more immersive and actually makes it feel like you are in an apocalyptic setting. Just a thought, It would be amazing to see things like this in epoch.

This will never happen.

One reason: KingHunt or better known as KingC*nt

Gamersplatoon are nothing more than a money making community and they will NEVER release the files or work with anyone unless they make money from it (even though they were never allowed to due to BI License) but that never stopped KingC*nt oh no he went a step further and would only allow certain GSP's to host it without access to files or DB and the GSP's had to pay them a percentage of EVERY server rented.

Once again this will never happen. The closest you will get is to "piggyback" Origins onto Epoch like @LunchboxCharlie and a few others have.

I dread to think what would happen to Epoch if KingC*nt got involved. I know it would be the end of Epoch as we know it.

Pry

Go to GamerPlatoon forums and read. Kinghunt officially announced that he or GP no longer has anything to do with the Origins mod (http://www.gamersplatoon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=345)  Alex and Martin are still developing the mod. BIS has warned them if they are to continue to develop the game they have to release the server files. Just give it time and we will have a fully integrated Epoch Origins. Until then I have worked closley to LunchBoxCharle and have created a very nice and fast rising server EPOCH ORIGINS OVERWATCH 69.162.122.162:4702 check us out!!! <--------------shameless plug =(

Go to GamerPlatoon forums and read. Kinghunt officially announced that he or GP no longer has anything to do with the Origins mod (http://www.gamersplatoon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=345)  Alex and Martin are still developing the mod. BIS has warned them if they are to continue to develop the game they have to release the server files. Just give it time and we will have a fully integrated Epoch Origins. Until then I have worked closley to LunchBoxCharle and have created a very nice and fast rising server EPOCH ORIGINS OVERWATCH 69.162.122.162:4702 check us out!!! <--------------shameless plug =(

iirc all they said was that they did not accept the statement BI made.

iirc all they said was that they did not accept the statement BI made.

Sounds about right... They can't steal any money. As honestly that's what they were doing. They were not and are not allowed to request money for a mod based on BI Engine same goes for donation systems you cannot do that either.

They should of been sued by BI and had everything they stole taken from them.

Unfortunately that sounds about right, which is a shame because Origins was a good mod to play. Although I stopped playing after the nightvision goggles fiasco, in case anyone didn't know about that basically the Origins Dev's decided that their Sector B was too easy and deleted items from players inventory across all the servers, regardless of what the server admins paying for those services thought. 

The most amusing part of it, Martin (maker of the Taviana map) and Villas (who models and reskins vehicles and weapons) have been on forums (villas in the main) blasting DayZ mods for supposedly re-selling their content or using their content without permission (free to use on Armaholic for custom missions which most mods essentially are including DayZ). Yet both of these people are heavily associated with Origins who do resell content from everyone, including stealing content from Armaholic without credit and selling and using BI content (A large proportion of new content in Origins was made using textures from Arma). Slightly hypocritical of them. 

The above attitudes killed Origins, which was once one of the most popular mods and increased the popularity of Epoch, a mod which is the complete opposite and gives us the opportunity to run a server how we like to. 

Unfortunately that sounds about right, which is a shame because Origins was a good mod to play. Although I stopped playing after the nightvision goggles fiasco, in case anyone didn't know about that basically the Origins Dev's decided that their Sector B was too easy and deleted items from players inventory across all the servers, regardless of what the server admins paying for those services thought. 

The most amusing part of it, Martin (maker of the Taviana map) and Villas (who models and reskins vehicles and weapons) have been on forums (villas in the main) blasting DayZ mods for supposedly re-selling their content or using their content without permission (free to use on Armaholic for custom missions which most mods essentially are including DayZ). Yet both of these people are heavily associated with Origins who do resell content from everyone, including stealing content from Armaholic without credit and selling and using BI content (A large proportion of new content in Origins was made using textures from Arma). Slightly hypocritical of them. 

The above attitudes killed Origins, which was once one of the most popular mods and increased the popularity of Epoch, a mod which is the complete opposite and gives us the opportunity to run a server how we like to. 

I apologize for that fiasco. Kinghunt and the modders didn't listen to our team when they removed everyones gear. But our team was responsible for the Sector B Rework although I admit I think it was turned up way too high on the difficulty but it beat landing a chopper in on every single restart.

I apologize for that fiasco. Kinghunt and the modders didn't listen to our team when they removed everyones gear. But our team was responsible for the Sector B Rework although I admit I think it was turned up way too high on the difficulty but it beat landing a chopper in on every single restart.

Correction: KingC*nt