[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

Thanks Mike,

As I have just got this to a fairly stable state, I have not tried with any other mods yet, athough I have used the OtterNas3s version of snapping with the 1.1 version and found it to be very helpful. 

Raymix has just released his which allows most things to snap to each other (walls to floors, cinder to wood etc).  Looks good from the video so I will probably take a look at trying to get that working with this mod shortly.

Update: Reading through the thread, seems someone has got it working with A Plot for Life as well.

Wow! Dude you are a hero!

So let’s break down how it’s working.

First I followed your advice and used the .

This kicked up the same issues are the other http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6036-release-build-snapping-extended-v16-updated-02202014/…

I then followed this ?p=99915

Copied the code from Fresh Spawn’s post to the following file (overwriting everything):

“custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf”

I have confirmed the plot pole entre in database is correct.

I have tested the snapping and upgrading on both my test server and live server and both work (only tested as an admin on my live server).

I'm at work for the next few hours so I'll do more testing when I get home.

The new Snap Building Pro tool is great, takes some getting used to but is better (in my Opinion) than others out there.

I'll keep you updated.

Also would you be ok with me making a custom install guide? I have installed you mod on a new epoch server and a modded epoch server.

Also would you be ok with me making a custom install guide? I have installed you mod on a new epoch server and a modded epoch server.

Go for it.  I will probably follow it as I want to add this at a later date when I have some time away from killing bugs.  Would be great and save me some time so I can actually enjoy this and other mods  :) .  I have always said I would be happy to work with others on this and other projects as different people see things in different ways and can potentially build something much better than I can alone so if anyone wants to contribute, just let me know  ;) .

One other thing I have noticed is that if I have a Windows update pending a reboot, ARMA II OA seems to go a bit strange.  I am getting errors about missing variables that are clearly there etc.  Hoping a server reboot will resolve it.  Have noticed this in the past.  My server is running Win Server 2012r2 Essentials (just for reference).

Go for it.  I will probably follow it as I want to add this at a later date when I have some time away from killing bugs.  Would be great and save me some time so I can actually enjoy this and other mods  :) .  I have always said I would be happy to work with others on this and other projects as different people see things in different ways and can potentially build something much better than I can alone so if anyone wants to contribute, just let me know  ;) .

One other thing I have noticed is that if I have a Windows update pending a reboot, ARMA II OA seems to go a bit strange.  I am getting errors about missing variables that are clearly there etc.  Hoping a server reboot will resolve it.  Have noticed this in the past.  My server is running Win Server 2012r2 Essentials (just for reference).

Hmm interesting, I had issues like that but once I updated ML100 files (or whatever they are called). It worked without Issue. I'm running Server 2012 RTM.

In regards to help! I really would like to give back... It's been so much fun setting up a server, and I couldn't of done it without people like you.. I'll create a install video this weekend.

If you would like me to send you my modded P4L / snap_pro I would be happy to do so. I had to remove the P4L though atm as I just implemented this:  and Overwatch into my server, so have to go through and check all the files as I would rather have P4L than not have it tbh,

I will have a coding session later and post here a complete merged P4L & Snap_Pro if Rim / Ray is ok with that of course!

Pry

Rim let me know what you find in testing. I can confirm in default epoch that the behavior is different.

In default epoch you must be the plot owner or tagged as friendly to remove a lock from a door.

With P4L mod anyone can remove a lock from a door that is unlocked.

Thanks everyone.  Will reply tomorrow in detail.

Cen, same for me.  The mod allows non-owner / friendly to remove the lock.  Debug info I have up to now.

Need to put some more debug in the player_buildingdowngrade.sqf.  I expect a mismatch on what is being checked to allow or abort.

Update.
Dagnabbit.... Added the lock to the door, changed the door ownership but didn't change the plot pole ownership....

Will test again tonight.

So what would this now be i remember asking before and you helped with

/ IN SAFE ZONE
if( !canbuild ) then
{
	if( isPlayer cursorTarget and alive cursorTarget and vehicle cursorTarget == cursorTarget ) then
	{
		_friendlies = player getVariable ["friendlyTo",[]];
		_ownerID = [cursorTarget] call convertPlayerUID;

_friend = _ownerID in _friendlies;

// check if friendly to owner
		if( !_friend ) then {
			cutText["\n\nBag access is restricted in safe trader zones except with those tagged as friendly.", "PLAIN DOWN",0];
			_display closeDisplay 1;
		};
	};
};

Thanks

ok here's the my edited version for my mission file, it's not (probably) going to be the same as yours so please check the links in fn_selfactions etc... I included a pic of my layout so you know what you're dealing with :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8si86riwzfdk6e7/P4L-Snap-pro.rar

EDIT: This only includes the edits for P4L & snap_pro no other edits are included. in "core" system files

Pry

Edited by PryMary

So what would this now be i remember asking before and you helped with

Thanks

Try

Find

Change to

_ownerID = cursorTarget getVariable ["ownerPUID","0"]; 

Give it a good test though ;)

Hmm interesting, I had issues like that but once I updated ML100 files (or whatever they are called). It worked without Issue. I'm running Server 2012 RTM.

In regards to help! I really would like to give back... It's been so much fun setting up a server, and I couldn't of done it without people like you.. I'll create a install video this weekend.

Great, thanks.

Please also be aware that I will be releaseing a 2.3.0 BETA over the weekend with a few code changes but there will be no functional changes.  It is just chopping out some codee that is repeated in multiple files and putting it in its own .sqf (resulting in smaller file sizes).

Rim let me know what you find in testing. I can confirm in default epoch that the behavior is different.

In default epoch you must be the plot owner or tagged as friendly to remove a lock from a door.

Did a quick test last night but it was flawed.  Will retest tonight.  Have finished my other testing and reverted my test system back to the code ofr this test so should be able to hit it as soon as I get home.

ok here's the my edited version for my mission file, it's not (probably) going to be the same as yours so please check the links in fn_selfactions etc... I included a pic of my layout so you know what you're dealing with :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8si86riwzfdk6e7/P4L-Snap-pro.rar

EDIT: This only includes the edits for P4L & snap_pro no other edits are included. in "core" system files

Pry

Fantastic, thanks for your work on this.

So what people need to do is download RayMix, install them both and then replace the player_build.sqf with the version you have supplied ?.

Great, thanks.

Please also be aware that I will be releaseing a 2.3.0 BETA over the weekend with a few code changes but there will be no functional changes.  It is just chopping out some codee that is repeated in multiple files and putting it in its own .sqf (resulting in smaller file sizes).

Did a quick test last night but it was flawed.  Will retest tonight.  Have finished my other testing and reverted my test system back to the code ofr this test so should be able to hit it as soon as I get home.

Fantastic, thanks for your work on this.

So what people need to do is download RayMix, install them both and then replace the player_build.sqf with the version you have supplied ?.

Yep as that's the only file that is used by both mod's :)

Pry

Try

Find

Change to

_ownerID = cursorTarget getVariable ["ownerPUID","0"]; 

Give it a good test though ;)

Tested this. It seems to stop bag access but still when tagged, also when someone is tagged you still get an option to tag as friendly?

Ok, tested and working as expected.

Put lock on door that I do not own.

Shutdown server

Change plot pole ownership to someone else

Start server

Unlock door lock

Downgrade door

- Error message - no plot pole nearby.

Tested this. It seems to stop bag access but still when tagged, also when someone is tagged you still get an option to tag as friendly?

Sorry but not a lot more I can suggest based on the info given.

see if the person who did the safe mode mod can help as well.  They may have a better idea.

If you would like me to send you my modded P4L / snap_pro I would be happy to do so. I had to remove the P4L though atm as I just implemented this:  and Overwatch into my server, so have to go through and check all the files as I would rather have P4L than not have it tbh,

I will have a coding session later and post here a complete merged P4L & Snap_Pro if Rim / Ray is ok with that of course!

Pry

Finally got round to adding a link to the first post for this.  Many thanks.

Now I am going to install it on my live server  :D .