[WHY] .. is Salvage Vehicles not complete ?

Sandbird

I look at that salvage_vehicle.sqf ..... and i noticed some things

1. Why was the removal of engine parts and fuel tanks removed from salvaging vehicles?
  2. Dont get me wrong....but having 6 wheels on an ATV is just wrong.
  3. Why only damaged vehicle parts can be removed....and not 100% fine parts ?
    I mean why is "allow removal of any lightly damaged parts" missing a = (equal)
    if (_damage < 1 and _damage >= 0) then {

Can someone at least answer me 1 and 3 ? Would it be that wrong to fix all this mess?

-Thanks

1. Because if totally removed the vehicles will blow up.

2. Low priority since they also have to be damaged.

3. To prevent issues with certain vehicles that do not take tire damage, thus allowing you to take an unlimited amount.

Thanks for the answers vbawol.

Based on the above,

1. I've fix the part were the salvage and repair script 'takes' the wrong number of hitpoints (talking about all the extra wheels, glass etc). It will take (from the cfgvehicles) class now only the parts that the specific vehicle has...Will that solve your no 3. answer ? or is the problem of the tires rooted in the model of the vehicle, and the array of the real hitpoints is irrelevant ?

For example the UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1_DZE1 has HitLFWheel,HitLBWheel, HitRFWheel, HitRBWheel.

If i show to the player ONLY these tires and not the rest...the ones i discarded wouldnt be a problem right ?

Do you remember a vehicle that has this bug with the Tires so i can test my script?

2. Why would the wheels that dont exist in the class of the vehicle 'need' to take damage as well ?

-Thanks